Iron Man Comiquette Exclusive Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gambit said:
A friend of mine is offering me 612 $ for my excusive. I did not accept it yet and probably will not sell. But it is suprising to see that I can flip it for such a price if I want to

Gee! I wish I had known that before I cancelled mine! :D

I think it's odd that Iron Man sells for so much on ebay but the Wolverine comiquette does not. The same amount were released for each.

IMO, the Wolverine piece is even better than Iron Man. The detail inside the mouth is just awesome and the pose is just incredible. Best Wolverine, yet not selling on ebay.

I guess people are sick of Wolves?

Funny.

I like Iron Man but Wolverine is even better.

Gruson said:
I think it's odd that Iron Man sells for so much on ebay but the Wolverine comiquette does not. The same amount were released for each.

IMO, the Wolverine piece is even better than Iron Man. The detail inside the mouth is just awesome and the pose is just incredible. Best Wolverine, yet not selling on ebay.

I guess people are sick of Wolves?

Funny.

Since you beat me to LOTRfans Wolvie I wouldnt know! :monkey2

Gruson said:

Gruson, I previously cancelled my wolvie,
later on I read this comment (and I like your taste I must say)

Today when I saw that he is for a second chance, I cave in and ordered one more. This time no cancelling. :maul

Another point is if SS will continue this x-men comiquette line, in the future I do not want to have a missing comiquette.

Yeah, it's just too cool of a piece not to have.

Second chance up for those who missed it.

I guess since it is in stock you get a golden ticket too! ($10 or maybe $500!)

;)

Wolvie is a statue, if he'd been a PF he'd have been much more popular. Iron Man fits in with the PFs so he's more popular.

And I'd agree that Wolvie has been done to death. But still I think Iron Man is so much cooler.

Darklord Dave said:
Wolvie is a statue, if he'd been a PF he'd have been much more popular. Iron Man fits in with the PFs so he's more popular.

And I'd agree that Wolvie has been done to death. But still I think Iron Man is so much cooler.

Not if he had the mixed spandex/polystone that Spidey has.

LOTRFan said:
Not if he had the mixed spandex/polystone that Spidey has.

Yeah, I thought about that too. Spidey looks horrible.

Wolverine's head/mask would have to be polystone on a PF piece and if they did spandex over this body it would just look weird IMO.

Real clothing works for some pieces but not others.

I am glad Wolverine is sculpted.

Last edited:
It definately is a great wolvie, but I think iron man is a big hit because of the incredible new paint. I think this is the first statue with that kind of reflecting paint, so it is not only an eye catcher but it is rather unique, short of chrome plated crap. I think the paint makes the statue in this case. Hoping to see more in that scale.

While it's not the exclusive, I couldn't find a thread for the regular version. Still, gotta post my pics. :D

IronMan1.jpg

IronMan3.jpg

IronMan5.jpg

IronMan6.jpg

IronMan4.jpg

IronMan2.jpg

And, just for fun, a page from Civil War #3 ...

CivilWar3.jpg

man....i so want this piece.

...also, what could have been cool is a light up eyes and ground. I know, it would be impossible since it is a change-o-head but it would be nice.

Last edited:
TOE said:
man....i so want this piece.

...also, what could have been cool is a light up eyes and ground. I know, it would be impossible since it is a change-o-head but it would be nice.

probably after the high return rate with sentinel diaroma, Sideshow will not make so many light up items in the near future :(

I just received my Iron Man statue and I'm floored! Unfreaking believable!
I didn't realize 1/4 scale would be so big.
I'm having a little problem getting the foot peg into the base, it doesn't want to go in. Did anyone else have this problem and have some tips?
Mine's number 369/500 (Every numbered statue I get is always a high number)
:blissy

Last edited:
OOOOkay, thanks for all the help guys. :rolleyes:

?:confused:?
I guess Iron Man will just have to get used to punching the carpet.

screamingmetal said:
I just received my Iron Man statue and I'm floored! Unfreaking believable!
I didn't realize 1/4 scale would be so big.
I'm having a little problem getting the foot peg into the base, it doesn't want to go in. Did anyone else have this problem and have some tips?
Mine's number 369/500 (Every numbered statue I get is always a high number)
:blissy

send it over to my house and I'll see what i can do :monkey1

...just kidding...usually what i do is to make sure both foot pegs go in at the same time. Have someone to help you out. Also, make sure both pegs fit at first.

TOE said:
send it over to my house and I'll see what i can do :monkey1

...just kidding...usually what i do is to make sure both foot pegs go in at the same time. Have someone to help you out. Also, make sure both pegs fit at first.
:lol LOl I don't even want to send it back to Sideshow if it needs to be replaced, and I think they'll cover shipping!

Thanks for the advice Toe. The Iron Man comiquette only has one post, it's square and permanently in place. The problem is that the square hole is almost too narrow for the post which is why I ask if anyone else has had this problem.

Edit:
I guess I had to figure it out for myself.
I inverted the statue and tried putting the base on the statue instead of putting the statue on the base, worked out fine.

Last edited:
Ugh!!!

I finally got an Iron Man (had to go through ebay to get one) and it arrived yesterday while I was out of town. I opened it up today and the darn thing is broken! The shoulder armor on the left arm was broken off and while it was floating around in the packaging it managed to chip paint in 3-4 different spots. I'm talking DEEP chips!!

So now I'm at the mercy of the ebay seller. Hopefully he responds and is the original purchaser of the product and we can get a replacement. It was unopened when it got to me.

Aside from the broken part and the chipping, it looks pretty cool. :rolleyes:

Back