Iron Man Comiquette Exclusive Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RoboDad said:
Khev,

"It is useless to resist. You don't know the power of the dark side." :emperor

:D
Heh, the good news is that by resisting this PF (my gosh its photogenic!) it'll set the precedent for any other awesome PF's they release between now and Captain America.

"WOW that's an awesome Hawkeye, but I was able to pass on that near perfect Iron Man, so I can do it again here...."

:)

Khev said:
Heh, the good news is that by resisting this PF (my gosh its photogenic!) it'll set the precedent for any other awesome PF's they release between now and Captain America.

"WOW that's an awesome Hawkeye, but I was able to pass on that near perfect Iron Man, so I can do it again here...."

:)

I hear you. That's how I am approaching it: in a case by case basis. I am not a big Iron Man fan so this is a pass. However, if a Silver Surfer or a great stand alone PF comes out I am all over it. It has to blow me away and be a character I am fond of like Cap or Thor.

Otherwise is dioramas only for me. :cool:

I received my Iron Man today and all i can say is holy s#$%! pics cannot do justice to how great the paint looks. the scult is sweet too and the base is incredible. love it! much like leia it's best to have him on the upper shelves of your display case so you can see his face really well but besides that i have no complaints and that one is a really small one. thank you sideshow, incredible piece.

This piece really shines! I really like it but it does bother me a little that it doesn't look like the iconic ironman. The design is very roller derby ish. Anyway, I think the human head gives it a nice contrast and more porportional. The helmet head seems a little small relative to the size of the body, but it is a great sculpt. I think Pablo has made some of my favorite pieces, especially Dr. Doom. The paint is great, makes the piece really unique. Ebay prices are heading up for the exclusive. Change-o-head fits like a glove.

Last edited:
Still no shipping in sight to the Netherlands……oh well, I'm patient ;).

kierbaudy said:
This piece really shines! I really like it but it does bother me a little that it doesn't look like the iconic ironman.
If SS makes a PF Iron Man in his red and silver armor from the 80's I don't think I'll be able to resist picking it up.

I got my #12 :monkey5 Exclusive a couple days ago, but it has some chips and
paint flaws on it, so it unfortunately has to go back to be replaced.
I was assured I'd get the same serial number back though, so it's all good!

Sideshow's customer service is absolutely the best! :chew

JS :)

JSAuctionService said:
I got my #12 :monkey5 Exclusive a couple days ago, but it has some chips and
paint flaws on it, so it unfortunately has to go back to be replaced.
I was assured I'd get the same serial number back though, so it's all good!

Sideshow's customer service is absolutely the best! :chew

JS :)

*sigh* with sooo many returns and replacements,..I really hope SS do not run out for some people on the wait list. :monkey2

I just made up my mind. I'll cancel mine. Hope someone of the board get's it! Great paintjob, but I don't like the pose. And it's not my favorite version of Iron Man. The exclusive is pretty lame, so I don't regret canceling the exclusive version. Right now, I need money to fund the shipping fees of my other collectibles, since there's a lot coming between now and the beginning of next year! And my wait list for the PF Lurtz exclusive came through as well!

question is how do they allocate the WL orders.........if the item is already mid-transit to eu warehouse would they give it to the next eu member or the list or ship it back to US for the real next on list

pitchin said:
question is how do they allocate the WL orders.........if the item is already mid-transit to eu warehouse would they give it to the next eu member or the list or ship it back to US for the real next on list
Now that is a very interesting question... I wondered about that as well. Only thing I can say, is that I have noticed in the past, that some collectors in the US received their wait-list items even before I had received my regular order. I guess that speaks for the theory that orders for the EU and US orders are treated completely separated from each other. Seams only logical that SSC tries to fulfill US wait-list requests with canceled US orders first, since the items are already there.
Also, there are several items on the SSC web site listed as SECOND CHANCE EU only. That leads to the assumption that some items that where sent to the EU warehouse, never make it back to the US.
But I'm only guessing here. Only SSC can tell how they do things.

Back