Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You all speak so highly of my performance! I thank you, now, where's the lager and the birds?

You all speak so highly of my performance! I thank you, now, where's the lager and the birds?

Trevor would you consider coming back for avengers 2? That film needs a great thespian to portray the ultimate villain. Whedon will provide cash for booze and pay per view.

I find the fact that HT is even bothering to do a Mandarin figure to be a joke now....He was such an intense villain during the first half of the flick an d then the wind is let out of him and we are left with bland ol' Killian working out a grudge....whatever....I still dug the movie

I wish the Mark suites weren't able to be ripped to shreds immediately against the extremiites too.

Yeah that was a bit weird - shot out of the sky by a tank cannon in IM, caught in the rotor blades of the shield hellicarrier in avengers - ripped to shreds by Mike from neighbours in IM3. Doesn't add up?

The more I think about that the more I'm actually getting annoyed, the suits have been essentially indestructible up until IM3.....

Its possible the suits are weaker because of their double duty as drones?

Why was Iron Patriot in this movie again? :lol

You want Smaug, I'm Smaug!

Ok, more like Puff the magic dragon. :lol

I need coffee. :lol

Those rings look powerful. :lol

ben-kingsley-most-anticipated-villain.jpg

Last edited:
I don't remember the other suits being so easy to get into and out of. Maybe that made them weaker at the seams, plus the lack of sleep while making them. Sounded like most of them weren't meant to go into a fight. They all had a certain task they were built for doing. No matter, I had fun watching the movie and that's all I really care about.

I don't remember the other suits being so easy to get into and out of. Maybe that made them weaker at the seams, plus the lack of sleep while making them. Sounded like most of them weren't meant to go into a fight. They all had a certain task they were built for doing. No matter, I had fun watching the movie and that's all I really care about.

I do think their drone nature (you can't make them too good without Tony controlling or inside!) was a big factor. And the way they were made to get in and out of easily could be part of it.

They're only weaker because that made the resolution of action scenes easier for the filmmakers. That is the only reason. The movie logic and tech that were established in the first 2 films was either ignored or tossed out the window completely in some cases. Lazy writing is why the suits are peanut brittle in this movie.

And the Extremis stuff is just so utterly nonsensical and non-believable. These were my biggest problems with the movie, not Trevor or the kid or the overload of comedy or even Tony McGuyver. Just way too over-the-top with unrealistic stuff (compared to the first film and even others in the MCU). How can you reconcile something like fire-breathing Kato Kaelin with what we got in the first 2 movies?

Last edited:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Best part of this movie for me was being able to watch the 3rd Man of Steel trailer on the big screen, oh and the barrel of monkeys scene.

They're only weaker because that made the resolution of action scenes easier for the filmmakers. That is the only reason. The movie logic and tech that were established in the first 2 films was either ignored or tossed out the window completely in some cases. Lazy writing is why the suits are peanut brittle in this movie.

And the Extremis stuff is just so utterly nonsensical and non-believable. These were my biggest problems with the movie, not Trevor or the kid or the overload of comedy or even Tony McGuyver. Just way too over-the-top with unrealistic stuff (compared to the first film and even others in the MCU). How can you reconcile something like fire-breathing Kato Kaelin with what we got in the first 2 movies?

Same way we reconcile NY being invaded by aliens who fly giant dragon looking monsters all masterminded by a big Purple Alien all summoned through a wormhole created using a mysterious glowing cube.

Another words, if you take it into the context of the Marvel movieverse, extremis is no stranger than jolly green giants, demi gods and super soldiers!

I knew someone would use that excuse. It's not the same. This movie breaks "rules" established by its own predecessors, including the tech synonymous with the film's title. That's the problem.

And the aliens at least adhered to the basic laws of physics.

Iron Man 3 is about as plausible at times as a Tom & Jerry cartoon. A lot of this stuff is just flat-out not believable, even in a universe with invading aliens. That's my point.

your questions about IM3 answered.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
Barrel of Monkeys was awesome... Until you find out that Stark wasn't even in the suit. :banghead:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I knew someone would use that excuse. It's not the same. This movie breaks "rules" established by its own predecessors, including the tech synonymous with the film's title. That's the problem.

And the aliens at least adhered to the basic laws of physics.

Iron Man 3 is about as plausible at times as a Tom & Jerry cartoon. A lot of this stuff is just flat-out not believable, even in a universe with invading aliens. That's my point.

If you're trying to rationalise a giant dragon alien snaking across the NY skyline like its underwater is even vaguely adhering to the laws of physics, then I'm gobsmacked! :rotfl
My point is that every one of these films they've made has a wtf sense of disbelief when you sit there over analysing them (like what's happened to this film). I just think we should just enjoy them and leave our brains at the door.

Back