Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are Michael Bay and Shane Black one in the same? Yes I hated this film. Lame one liners, over the top scenes and pretty cruddy story. Was never boring but it didn't feel like iron man to me. Actually like the 2nd film more now.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved the movie, not as much as Avengers or Iron Man 1, but waaay above Iron Man 2 for me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT: Also,
Spoiler Spoiler:

For me, I gave Iron Man 2 a second chance, but it just reinforced my issues with it. Namely I can not stand Tony Stark in number 2 , and the story bored me. I didn't think much of Whiplash or the other bad guy either. They did nothing for me. I really don't feel the need to give it a third go to see if I change my mind..

:exactly:

ONE GIGANTIC BIG QUESTION.......

does the movie address why the Avengers aren't around to help Tony and take care of business, because it just HAS to to fit in with everything that has been established

No but it doesn't contradict things.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Loved the movie, not as much as Avengers or Iron Man 1, but waaay above Iron Man 2 for me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was going to say that, but he obviously *did* miss that bit...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
So i went over to IMDB. in the forums it's either annoyance over the movie. declerations of liking the movie, those saying it's a masterpiece, the greatest comic book movie ever and oddly comparisons to TDKR and calling people who don't like it nolanites :cuckoo:

Last edited:
:dunnoThis thread is totally worthless unless Difabio or Nam hate it!:lol...End of story!:hi5:

So i went over to IMDB. in the forums it's either annoyance over the movie. declerations of liking the movie, those saying it's a masterpiece, the greatest comic book movie ever and oddly comparisons to TDKR and calling people who don't like it nolanites :cuckoo:

Is it racist too? According to IMDB all movies are racist.

Anyone else find the tone to be offset by the comedy?

The theme of the movie and story was of Stark feeling like he can't keep up in this new world, that he's not strong enough by himself to protect Pepper and generally outshined by his Iron Man persona. Yet the comedy was light and edgy and very frequent.

I think since the ACU was Whedon-ised all movies will become 50% Comedies.

Good. Most normal people don't take this stuff seriously anyway. People will take it seriously when it needs to be serious.

First film had the right balance. Was grounded in reality ( kind of) and that's why I loved it. Had the right amount of comedy and threat. This one was so over the top in every department. The suits were crap and Ben Kingsley was severely wastedin this rone. I've seen just 2 great films this year at the cinema. Was hoping this would make it 3.

Good. Most normal people don't take this stuff seriously anyway. People will take it seriously when it needs to be serious.

Would BB or TDK be as good if there were lots of laugh out laugh funny moments though. It should depend on the tone of the movie. The comedy while funny didn't mesh with the tone of this movie

First film had the right balance. Was grounded in reality ( kind of) and that's why I loved it. Had the right amount of comedy and threat.

Agreed the comedy was used very sparingly & fit the scenes.

I think i'll be remembering IM3 more for the funny parts which isn't how it should be imo given the story and theme at hand

Just back from my second viewing. Still my favourite of the trilogy. Hopefully RDjr returns in IM4. Never had anyone been so perfect for the role.

I watched it for the second time today. I think this movie is awesome.
I really like it, and I personally enjoyed it better than the previous 2 films.

still dont know about this film, some say it isnt all that, then some say its one of the best marvel films made :shrug

I seen it 3 times every night since the 15th of April. On the 2nd showing now. Ya. One more till Thursday at 5pm when we watch it by our selfs. dBox and 3d (We have the place all to our selfs. Just my kid and GF).

It not a bad movie. I like how he took care of the kid. I like how he took care of Pepper. Blowing up all the Marks. Well. Take out the power is not the end. I mean, give me a suit and Rodneys arms out like that. Dancing was and still rocks! Then again WM ROCKS!

The bad guys where odd. The good guys where the bad guys. Not till the 1:40 in to the movie did you see the extra suit. Ivor or what ever its name is has the most screen time.

They need to put a ending all on movies after the 3rd one. Its part of what they all are. If you don't like it. Don't watch them.

I was happy in the end Happy did not die and Dummy (those that know me know why I like Dummy the most!) got the last seen.

The people that like it will take it for what it just is. A Movie! Those that don't. Well this board is full of people I call Table Salt.

I will say, the music in IM1 was better. This is on a DTS 7.1, dBox, system.

Back