Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the fact it might be "seperate" from the other Marvel films

What made IM2 a let down was it had too much preoccupation with introducing SHIELD and other story arcs and the entire end battle was very very lame

I actually think having the story focus on STARK/IRON MAN instead of the "Marvel Universe" is a good thing, but maybe that's just me. :dunno

Same here, I want a IM movie not an Avengers prequel/sequel.

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

It says IRON MAN 3 so i want to see Iron Man and his supporting characters and villains and not a bunch of Avengers or SHIELD people.

Agreed about IM2 and to a lesser extent feel the same way about the end of TFA and SHIELDS presence in Thor, they didn't add anything to the films and it most cases hurt the solo movies imo.

From what i've heard IM3 is all Iron Man which is as it should be.

I'm really hoping the GotG have no connection to the Earth characters until at least the end lf their second movie, throwing in characters from Earth will just mess about their story. Same with Daredevil and Inhumans and lots of other characters if/when they get films, hope they join teams and interact with characters that make sense for their stories and not have Avengers or SHIELD shoehorned in

:exactly: :goodpost: :clap

Agreed about IM2 and to a lesser extent feel the same way about the end of TFA and SHIELDS presence in Thor, they didn't add anything to the films and it most cases hurt the solo movies imo.

Right on- the presence of SHIELD and such is PURE MARKETING -PRODUCT PLACEMENT for the currrent or next Marvel film under the pretext of "linking the films together in the Marvel universe"
Please...:cuckoo:

For years comic fans begged for a cohesive universe, they get it and now they want Superheros to act lone wolf. :thud:

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

****ing nerds. :lol

Though movies are a different medium It should translate over as is in the books.

Iron Man movies are about Iron Man characters and villains just like the book is.
X-Men movies are about X-Men characters and villains just like the books
Thor movies are about Thor characters and villains just like the book is
Avengers movies are about Avengers team characters and villains. Just like the book is

Iron Man movies should not have Spider-Man characters or Guardians of the Galaxy villains involved because it's supposed to be about iron Man and his characters.

Simple :D

Just because it takes place in the same universe doesn't mean other non-title characters should appear in each others movies. Daredevil shouldn't be joining the Guardians just for cohesion same as Iron Fist shouldn't be an X-Man or even meet them more than once a year.

Sure characters crossover for events and certain storylines but in the scheme of time in the title to the time out it's small. Since movies are much shorter the crossover also be very small or non-existant for the first few movies

Last edited:
Yeah well, this is a new thing so they're going to keep doing it.

You'll have to deal with it.

And Spider-Man will NEVER EVER EVER be in a Marvel Studios movie because of licensing. So you can stop saying that.

God..they should.

Imagine them doing a Predator movie with The Expendables? And in the end they kill them all so another one doesn't get made? Yes. :D

Back