Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Shades (Mark XXIII) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just have to see what happens after SDCC. I cannot fathom the demand for this figure actually exists, probably be a Stealth Mk7 all over again. There's what, me and like 3 other people on this entire forum that are building complete HPP sets, who else would even want a camo Shotgun figure at this point?

Lurker and HPP completionist here for what it's worth. Just missing 2011 Secret Project at this point to have one of every Iron Man armor (and I can live with this). I'd bet I'm not alone since in an average community 90% of it is comprised of lurkers/consumers and the other 10% are contributors (posters).

Lurker and HPP completionist here for what it's worth. Just missing 2011 Secret Project at this point to have one of every Iron Man armor (and I can live with this). I'd bet I'm not alone since in an average community 90% of it is comprised of lurkers/consumers and the other 10% are contributors (posters).

I also think there is a very large number of Iron Man collectors in Asia, who possibly have nothing to do with this forum or others. SSF is probably a very small % of the market for Iron Man armors

I also think there is a very large number of Iron Man collectors in Asia, who possibly have nothing to do with this forum or others. SSF is probably a very small % of the market for Iron Man armors

Less going by this forum and more going by the fact that HPP armors have been warehouse shelf warmers for a long time now. They don't take actual years to sell out anymore (RIP Tank), as they clearly have been producing less of them than before. But still only Sneaky went waitlist before it shipped lately, the rest have stuck around long enough to get nice discounts. And in the secondary market, well its a much better time to be a buyer than a seller. Any flash demand for Shades is speculation drummed up by this artificial exclusivity. I ain't buying it. I mean I will, later when the dust settles.

Its hard to comment one way or the other for armors that sit as shelf warmer suits. Since HT does not number the suits they could make 3,000/5,000/10,000 of each suit. Also if many Iron Man collectors are pre-order sales then its possible that 90-95% of all orders are filled at initial shipment and there are just a few pieces left hanging around. Its tough to gauge.

The buyer's market I think is existing because collectors are realizing that it takes a little less than $15,000 USD to collect all 50 armors by the time it is said and done and are bailing after considering the long term investment into completing the full line. That is a lot of scratch to sink into one set with all the other collectibles out there and the other 1/6 lines HT has with Marvel,classic movie franchises, DC and Star Wars.

I do think that HT is clearly producing less now with the sellouts happening with War Machine and the lower availability of the Mark XLVI at hobby sites and ebay. So whatever the demand, I can guarantee that a) HT is still making money on the line cause they are still pumping out suits 2) I'll continue to purchase whatever gets tossed out there.

Less going by this forum and more going by the fact that HPP armors have been warehouse shelf warmers for a long time now. They don't take actual years to sell out anymore (RIP Tank), as they clearly have been producing less of them than before. But still only Sneaky went waitlist before it shipped lately, the rest have stuck around long enough to get nice discounts. And in the secondary market, well its a much better time to be a buyer than a seller. Any flash demand for Shades is speculation drummed up by this artificial exclusivity. I ain't buying it. I mean I will, later when the dust settles.

Blue Steel is the only other recent armor besides Sneaky that was gone as soon as it started shipping but I agree with you on the artificial exclusive hype.
I even asked SS if this was going to be available for shipping again and was told "Keep an eye in our blog, you never know what might happen".

I guess that statistic could be 50% correct maybe 43% of the time.

I'm another one trying to complete the HPP, plus whatever other armors I can get. Besides the super rare armors or long sold out originals, I'm trying for at least one of every armor. For me that means the DC Mk III and not the original version, Mk II Armor Unleashed and not Tony Stark, DC Mk V and no original, no Shanghai exclusives, and no Igor or Hulkbuster. Prices right now are too high for me to pay for one figure. I've bought just about every other armor released since the first Mk VII and all repaints. I was able to order Retro Bones for delivery, but I was at the SF Giants game on Wednesday when it and Shades went up for preorder. I really hope I can get a Shades through Sideshow. I'd hate to think I missed an armor because I went to a baseball game. I check SSC for new releases every day at 2pm PDT to make sure I don't miss anything. The one day I can't check and look what happens.
Ryan

noticed this is now on "waitlist". im assuming this is a ship to home waitlist. jumped on.

Can't wait for this to arrive. 9 more to go until the HPP is complete.
0d9b09d9611beb6a95c953fb2941927d.jpg

Back