Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Shades (Mark XXIII) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went ahead and jumped on the waitlist, with the small hope that there will be some left over after the con and I can get my hands on one for a fair price.

I went ahead and jumped on the waitlist, with the small hope that there will be some left over after the con and I can get my hands on one for a fair price.
I think your odds are good there will be some left over from SDCC. I don't see this as a figure people will line up for unless they are trying to complete the HPP or trying to resell right away.

Can't wait for this to arrive. 9 more to go until the HPP is complete.

Are you sure only 9 HPP armors are left, I thought it was 15.

Mk. VIII
Mk. X
Mk. XI
Mk. XII
Mk. XIII
Mk. XIV
Mk. XVI Nightclub
Mk. XVIII Casanova
Mk. XIX Tiger
Mk. XXVIII Jack (teased)
Mk. XXIX Fiddler
Mk. XXXI Piston
Mk. XXXII Romeo
Mk. XXXIV Southpaw
Mk. XXXVII Hammerhead

That's 15 yet to be officially announced right?

Are you sure only 9 HPP armors are left, I thought it was 15.

Mk. VIII
Mk. X
Mk. XI
Mk. XII
Mk. XIII
Mk. XIV
Mk. XVI Nightclub
Mk. XVIII Casanova
Mk. XIX Tiger
Mk. XXVIII Jack (teased)
Mk. XXIX Fiddler
Mk. XXXI Piston
Mk. XXXII Romeo
Mk. XXXIV Southpaw
Mk. XXXVII Hammerhead

That's 15 yet to be officially announced right?
You're correct, I just don't count Mark 8 - 14 part of the HPP. So little significance. I don't see them important enough to warrant a figure release.

You're correct, I just don't count Mark 8 - 14 part of the HPP. So little significance. I don't see them important enough to warrant a figure release.

Yeah I get your point but they are technically part of the HPP line. Also, they're just "kitbashed" parts from other armors, which means once HT makes the mold, they could release them.

Howard has stated in several interviews the goal is to release all 42 Armors. The 8-14 will be made sometime.

Yeah I read that he stated that too. Once Hammerhead is made, they'll have the molds to do the rest of them except for Nightclub which, as I'm sure you know, is the only completely unique armor left. I have a feeling if they release Nightclub, there will be several repaints. Although, since it's an armor that can change colors, I'd argue that multiple versions are necessary. I'd think at least 2 "should" be made: one that resembles the look of Nightclub in the IM Manual and the other with a more classic IM red, gold and silver. Still, I bet they'll do a retro version sometime as well with some chrome and translucent parts.

Speaking of, it is so strange that HT pumps out all these repaints that get plenty of criticism when they could do translucent figures which many collectors seem to want to buy.

All but 10, 13, and 14 are straight repaints, if they release one they'll release the other, because easy $. And 13 and 14 are awesome looking, I could leave or take 10

Mk8=Piston, Mk9=Python, Mk11=Jack, Mk12=Disco

Mk10 is made of Mk7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Snapper parts
ZQZsByY.jpg

Mk13 is made of Mk7, Centurion, Shotgun, WM2 parts
fpygTth.jpg

Mk14 is made Striker, Centurion, Mk7, Heartbreaker, Shotgun parts
pv3KyaA.jpg

Yeah I read that he stated that too. Once Hammerhead is made, they'll have the molds to do the rest of them except for Nightclub which, as I'm sure you know, is the only completely unique armor left. I have a feeling if they release Nightclub, there will be several repaints. Although, since it's an armor that can change colors, I'd argue that multiple versions are necessary. I'd think at least 2 "should" be made: one that resembles the look of Nightclub in the IM Manual and the other with a more classic IM red, gold and silver. Still, I bet they'll do a retro version sometime as well with some chrome and translucent parts.

Speaking of, it is so strange that HT pumps out all these repaints that get plenty of criticism when they could do translucent figures which many collectors seem to want to buy.

What would be really cool, is if they were to somehow be able release 1 Nightclub, with several helmets and interchangeable armor panels. THAT would be worth paying extra for. As opposed to 2 or 3 complete figures of different versions of Nightclub

no in hand pics? so only resellers bought this thing? imma need that waitlist conversion

Back