Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Power Pose Mark XLII Collectible Figurine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$150 is to much, if it was around $100 I would bite, but I don't see that happening so I wont bite. I will just save for the mms version and if they don't make it in mms I will live, not my favorite armor design.

A 1/6 statue or a 1/6 posable figure that I can pose like the statue? This is an easy pass for me as well.

Not bad. Admittedly I can't help but feel like this somewhat "lower-priced" statue series is meant to be a cheaper alternative for the inevitable $200+ figure versions in the future.

EDIT

Well someone already beat me to it:

The only purpose for this to exist is to be a cheaper alternative to the MMS figure. If its actually more expensive, then its a monumental fail :duh I'm starting to think HT created this line as a safeguard to 'cushion' us because the new iron man figures will have a higher price than we're expecting. I hope im wrong, but its just strange that they chose 1/6 scale for this, because it will be competing directly against their other line. Its like their saying 'well if you can't buy the new figure you can get this which is the next best thing'

Also what material is this made of, plastic ?

Last edited:
Are you expecting a multitude of BRAND NEW armor designs in the upcoming Iron Man 3 movie? Possibly “42” different designs?
All these will be unveiled in end April during movie launch!

Hot Toys’ Power Pose Series (PPS) will bring you with a collection of all the BRAND NEW designs appeared in the Iron Man 3 movie soon.
Start with Mark XLII and collect them all to complete your PPS Iron Man 3 Series!

The Power Pose Series (PPS) collectibles share some common features with that of the Movie Masterpiece Series and Diorama Series. Display them together to create your own movie scene in 1/6th scale!

42!?!

tumblr_mcj8t6vA5H1rxjte0.gif

I THINK the koto statues are around 120-150, so this being 160 puts it more or less in-line with standard HT pricing.

That is, just a little high.

Success seems to come at a price...

Hot Toys is now confused, and spreading themselves too thin...with too many products.

It's just business expansion. Every big successful company has done it before.

Howard Chan has most likely been hiring new artists, managers, acquiring new factories, etc.

It's just business expansion. Every big successful company has done it before.

Howard Chan has most likely been hiring new artists, managers, acquiring new factories, etc.

Exactly. Can't believe we are complaining really. There is so much to choose from now that any fan should be happy with the wide range of things to get. If you don't want to spend $260 plus on a MMS figure then you have lots of other choices for Iron Man among others. Milking or not this is the best time to collect ever and it's thanks to some of these companies.

Exactly. Can't believe we are complaining really. There is so much to choose from now that any fan should be happy with the wide range of things to get. If you don't want to spend $260 plus on a MMS figure then you have lots of other choices for Iron Man among others. Milking or not this is the best time to collect ever and it's thanks to some of these companies.

spockbrow_nonamedufus-090208.gif

Kindly point me to all the XFC, Expendables, Arkham City, ASM, Green Lantern & Dredd figures, i wish to purchase them all.

Last edited:
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

This is incredibly lame. And Hot Toys, you are even lamer for doing something like this. $$$$$$$$ is all you see.

'Hot Toys has the 1/6th IM figure for YOU! Try our classic MMS version! You missed out? Don't worry, we've got a 2.0 in the works! Don't like posing 1/6 figures? Try our Power Pose plastic statue edition! Plastic you say?!?!?! Don't worry, our die-cast line has you covered! We've got the right Iron Man for YOU! *starting at 249.99'

:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

This is incredibly lame. And Hot Toys, you are even lamer for doing something like this. $$$$$$$$ is all you see.

'Hot Toys has the 1/6th IM figure for YOU! Try our classic MMS version! You missed out? Don't worry, we've got a 2.0 in the works! Don't like posing 1/6 figures? Try our Power Pose plastic statue edition! Plastic you say?!?!?! Don't worry, our die-cast line has you covered! We've got the right Iron Man for YOU! *starting at 249.99'

And people wonder why I'm a little bitter at HT for their price creep :lol

Unnecessary and dumb.

I could get the MMS and pose it the same way then, viola, I got the same thing except with an extra headsculpt, cool features and parts.

Will buy anyway. Best thing and idea evar. Keep up the good work Hot Toys. Hope this is $270 bucks a pop. Will get 10.

Why can't they just design the mms figure to pose that effectively?? ..silly release really if you ask me, but it does looks nice.

In all honesty, this is pretty sweet. If it's $160 that's significantly less than the MMS will be (nearly $100 less than the Mk VII right?).

Sure, not quite as pose-able / flexible but a nice option for a less expensive Iron Man 1/6 figure, IMO. Would fit right in with other MMS Iron Man figures.

Certainly would make it more justifiable to own multiple IM figures....

Back