Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m going to pick this up because I prefer die-cast. I’ll just sell off the old version. But seriously, I don’t know why they aren’t producing a die-cast MK1. I’m sure this is just much easier. I wonder how deep they’ll go with these die-cast reissues. Right now the only armors I’d upgrade would be Blue Steel, Silver Centurion, Igor, Iron Monger and maybe Starboost and Hulkbuster I’d also get Peacemaker since I originally passed on that one. Anything else would be unlikely since really these are mostly just “Hall of Armor” display pieces. Are there any improvements or extra accessories or is this just a straight-up reissue with some die-cast parts swapped out? Yes, it’s frustrating seeing reissues vs. new products, but this is part of Hot Toys’s business model.

I wouldn't mind DC reissues of Starboost and Shotgun but they haven't even completed other
notable House Party Protocol suits. Its been years since a release. I'd figure they would have
resumed by now to complete the Iron Legion, but instead they're retreading.

No I believe that US buyers can only purchase that sort of exclusive through Sideshow provided they stock them.

Thanks. Might be a nice side trip to get HT figures at more reasonable cost when visiting family in the Philippines (when it's safe to travel again).

Buying from Sideshow, there's markup and then shipping cost and 10.25% sales tax on top.

Don't have this one so I'm in for it eventually. It's not like $450 coming out of my pockets tomorrow. If I can't come up with that amount of money in 2 years for a figure that I would possibly like, unsure why I'm even collecting. I also like retail price & BNIB as opposed to paying out the nose for a used one later any day. haha. I see where the collecting vets who already have collected some of these rehashed figures can take umbrage with these particular releases, but there are other new folks to the game that will surely pick a figure up for retail if given a chance and if interested. I also see where folks would like for HT to make other previously shown unreleased figures, totally new ones or even just get caught up with the current release schedule and so would I, but them's the breaks.

"Another Iron Man, yawn, Hot Toys Sucks"

"Why don't doesn't Hot Toys get working on (insert unannounced figure here) instead?!"

"Where is (insert unreleased figure here)?!"

"Why didn't they make (insert obscure 80's film character here) instead?!?"

Such an edgy fan base!

Don't have this one so I'm in for it eventually. It's not like $450 coming out of my pockets tomorrow. If I can't come up with that amount of money in 2 years for a figure that I would possibly like, unsure why I'm even collecting. I also like retail price & BNIB as opposed to paying out the nose for a used one later any day. haha. I see where the collecting vets who already have collected some of these rehashed figures can take umbrage with these particular releases, but there are other new folks to the game that will surely pick a figure up for retail if given a chance and if interested. I also see where folks would like for HT to make other previously shown unreleased figures, totally new ones or even just get caught up with the current release schedule and so would I, but them's the breaks.

I'm new to collecting Hot Toys, too, so I'm pretty happy I can buy Iron Mark VII BNIB for retail. With that said, I don't have the funds nor the space for all of Iron Man suits. I would like to collect other characters as well at non-scalper prices (although I wouldn't say no to a Mark III diecast reissue).

All good points except that in the HT SB listing, they have a release date of Q4 2020-Q1 2021. It’s a possible misprint but seeing that it’s a Mk. VII repaint, not even any retooling, I could see this hitting the US early next year.

I remember the 1st one being beautiful and I do regret selling it. Im picking this one up.

But.... is this figure it????
I'm pretty underwhelmed if that winds up being the case. They seem to drop 3 to 4 exclusives for Comic con every year. I expected several release announcements for this 20yr milestone.

Looks better than the gold chome version with the rubber diaper at least

How is this surprising to anyone? The original plastic Mk7 hard more repaints than any armor, of course they'll do it again.

I think some of those will pass on this will regret it. Silver/chrome has been turning out really good on the newer figures. I imagine this is going to look incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its entirely different from the basis that it is a Midas colorway on the new diecast version of the suit, all previous versions are repaints of the nearly decade old plastic figure. Practically that means no rubber elbows and soft plastic pelvis, and a lot more posable. The toning is a bit different as well, the faceplate has never been two colors before, which is kinda odd looking. The original was very matte, the chrome repaint had some shiny bits but also still had dull soft plastic. This one looks a bit more uniform in the gloss department. Its got the diecast tax, but people probably forget that Midas was $300 seven years ago

But side by side this will likely blow the old figure out of the water. I'd probably jump on it to add to the HPP but I still find the proportions on the DC Mk7 torso to be wonky

I highly doubt there will be other DC house party suits- Mark 7 repaints are cheap, designing new figure bodies in DC isn't. Expect a black one, a white one, maybe a battle damaged one, a secret project grey one, etc. Anything with a low investment to go with the high price. Its taking a year or more post release for Iron Mans to sell out anymore

yxBecYE.jpg
OxAJFiS.jpg

I told myself I’d stop buying after MK85.
I’ll prob stop after this one. If they start DCing all the old ones, then I’m stopping while I can.

Back