Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XXI (Midas) Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get your hopes up too high on that. The knees look long and skinny just like on the Mark VII, so they're likely just deleting all of the extra pod conversion components and then giving it a new paint job. And increasing the price, because everyone knows that a little gold chrome paint costs more than all of those deleted parts. :wink1: The Mark VII was $433, right? This will probably be somewhere in the $450-$475 range. They'll probably do a Midas 4.0 in 100% gold chrome down the road when they decide to break through the $500 barrier. :lol

Nah, you just jinxed it. Also that's something that a lot of folks really want, so they'll make us wait until their 25th anniversary. But it will still release before GoTG2 Gamora.

Actually, pricing wise, you aren?t too far off. Announced at SB for $2580HKD = $332USD ADD 30-35% SSC ?TAX? and we're looking anywhere between $431-$448USD.

Actually, considering that SSC is surviving as a company through HT?s PO?s right now, I?d be willing to bet that the full 35% SSC TAX will be present for a $448 figure. It?s slated for Q4 2020-Q1 2021 so those Mk. VII ?factories? had to have been converted early and as stated with the long and skinny knees, I?d bet this isn?t even a true ?delete? from the Mk. VII. They will probably just add some of that IMPRESSIVE HT?s glue to the legs that will, one day, while posing or moving your figure off a shelf, a leg will just drop out of the socket. I really can?t imagine HT?s throwing any more R&D money into this mold.

At this rate they should just consider renaming the company given the majority of what they push out is Iron Man and for some reason think we'll all get excited (granted some of us do).

RIP Midas eBay values.

They were never that high to begin with. Plus they will likely hold close to their value since the old ones are plastic and will be a fair alternative to shelling out 400+ for diecast.

So this is the third version of this armour.The third.And yet,no Hammerhead,night club....

I love Iron Man figures as much as anyone, but I'm starting to get frustrated with this. Looking back at their 20 or so Iron Man related releases over the last 3 years, 5 are new figures and 15 are updates/variants/reissues.

They're catering to the newer collectors, which makes sense from a business standpoint.

I love Iron Man figures as much as anyone, but I'm starting to get frustrated with this. Looking back at their 20 or so Iron Man related releases over the last 3 years, 5 are new figures and 15 are updates/variants/reissues.

Yes, those are true numbers but I?d actually say that some of the repaints are superior to the originals. A few examples off the top of my head would be:
Mk. 47 vs Mk. 46 (The repaint most of the forum members here said was a terrible look) :lol
Mk. 41 Bones Retro
Mk. 15 Sneaky Retro (This was major for me as I was eagerly awaiting the release of the accurate Sneaky being a completely new mold but was terribly disappointed, which I still can not explain, and then received Retro Sneaky and loved it)
Mk. 25 Striker > Mk. 26 Gamma (another big surprise as I never thought the green would work, then again, I never thought the yellow looked particularly good but In my opinion, Gamma was the superior of the 2)
Mk. 33 Silver Centurion > Mk. 30 Blue Steel (For me it was less color than the actual use of the silvers used in each armor. Blue Steel just looked much better in hand for me.)
And of course there is the mondo/major pre-Mk. 46/47, pre-HPP releases/variants which brings me to:
Mk. 43 > Mk. 42 in just about every way except for accessories that, if we?re all honest, didn?t work well making the top half damaged to hell and the bottom half pristine. And of course the Mk. 42 had that infamous gold (yellow piss) color paint. That was a great attempt by HT?s to bring the Diecast line up to the top by including so many options but worse than anything was that piss yellow paint.

If it wasn?t for the ridiculous price I?d consider this but wouldn?t pay more than $325

Be prepared to see it listed at SSC for at least $100 more than $325. The HKD price through SB is listed right now at $2580HKD=$332USD. Pretty much can count on 35% ?SSC TAX? over SB prices (sometimes between 30-35%) but since following these price increases over the past 3-4 years, I?ve never seen it below 30% markup.

This thing has more bronze chrome than it does gold chrome. The name Midas is misleading. I think Tony would probably call it George Hamilton. I was tempted more by the gold chrome limited release that they did a few years ago (below). But like then, I'll stick with my version 1.0.

mms341-xxi7.jpg

I’m going to pick this up because I prefer die-cast. I’ll just sell off the old version. But seriously, I don’t know why they aren’t producing a die-cast MK1. I’m sure this is just much easier. I wonder how deep they’ll go with these die-cast reissues. Right now the only armors I’d upgrade would be Blue Steel, Silver Centurion, Igor, Iron Monger and maybe Starboost and Hulkbuster I’d also get Peacemaker since I originally passed on that one. Anything else would be unlikely since really these are mostly just “Hall of Armor” display pieces. Are there any improvements or extra accessories or is this just a straight-up reissue with some die-cast parts swapped out? Yes, it’s frustrating seeing reissues vs. new products, but this is part of Hot Toys’s business model.

WOT (Waste of Time). Hot Toys, work on getting Mysterio out faster. Without these movies coming out on time, spend the time working on getting caught up on your release window schedule.

Be prepared to see it listed at SSC for at least $100 more than $325. The HKD price through SB is listed right now at $2580HKD=$332USD. Pretty much can count on 35% ?SSC TAX? over SB prices (sometimes between 30-35%) but since following these price increases over the past 3-4 years, I?ve never seen it below 30% markup.
Sorry, I'm new here and Google hasn't been helpful but what is SB?

Back