Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They won't exchange unless they decide there's issues.
It's going to cost them more postage and possibly a destroyed bust.

Well you can just show them the messed up paint pictures and compare it to the pictures from other people here. If they still don't allow you to exchange, just return it. That picture of mustache paint on the mask is pretty bad compared to others, for example.

:exactly: But seeing as noone else has posted pictures with the close up detail we seen it's hard to tell if this is the norm or indeed a bad production piece.

:exactly: But seeing as noone else has posted pictures with the close up detail we seen it's hard to tell if this is the norm or indeed a bad production piece.

My thoughts exactly. For example on RobertBagg10's I can see the same sort of brush strokes in the silver paint around the AR that are on mine, so the paint job is likely similar no matter what you have. Some people are maybe just more ok with it than others, I guess. As I have said I haven't totally made up my mind yet, and according to my return email I have until March 1st, so I will definitely take some time to think about it.

Last edited:
Has any body seen this. It's supposed to be a recast
7aza5yza.jpg

was sooo close to pre-ordering this on a couple of occasions.... glad i didnt now, such a shame

:gah:

Has any body seen this. It's supposed to be a recast
7aza5yza.jpg

Ha! Wow, it looks so much better. Not ****ty battle damage, correct arc reactor and black lining paint around the eyes (how it should be). It just adds insult to injury. Recast's better than the real thing.

Ha! Wow, it looks so much better. Not ****ty battle damage, correct arc reactor and black lining paint around the eyes (how it should be). It just adds insult to injury. Recast's better than the real thing.
:exactly:

Any suggestions for adding black to the eye area without inducing brush strokes?

Any suggestions for adding black to the eye area without inducing brush strokes?

Airbrush, or if you don't have one you could use aerosol cans, just practice a lot first and take things slow or find a friend that knows how to paint. Also be careful to mask all surrounding areas properly so that no paint seeps through. I think the lack of black under eyes makes a big difference on this actually. It is worrying how such details are missed out time and time again.

So... finally received mine...
Yeah... upside down arc... acceptable battle damaged... mine is gonna be a keeper since I really love the size and feel of it... Also, I won't display it open, so won't see the arc anyway... just a big letdown by Sideshow for screwing this one... :mad:

IMG_8407a.jpg
IMG_8407b.jpg
IMG_8407c.jpg
IMG_8407d.jpg

With better light:
IMG_8407e.jpg

Lighting effect:
Img_8432.jpg
Img_8433.jpg

And the GREATEST JOKE:
Img_8399.jpg

Any way you could get close ups of the BD paint and other areas like I did? Just wondering up close how bad mine was compared to others. Mine looked great at a distance but up close it was just terrible.

First thing I did was zoom in on the mouth. Nowhere near as bad as yours was DD.
I am at work so no time to check out the pictures closely, but glad his is looking better. Still gutted to not have been able to keep him, but too many things wrong to justify. I did go ahead and test the lights, and even there I found a problem. The mask is made out of plastic and painted. No biggie, except mine wasn't even painted evenly, so when the lights were turned on you could see a faint hint of light and shadow within the mask itself where light was trying to come through in the more thinly painted areas. Ugh... that's what sealed the deal for me.

The only ray of hope I found was that I tested the area around the arc reactor. It is not glued on all the way around. When the lights were on I could see the faintest light leak around some areas of the AR. I was then able to slip a thin piece of paper between the reactor and the silver piece it is attached to nearly the entire way around except for a few small areas. To me this means it is only glued down in a few select spots, so breaking these seals, maybe by heating them first, could allow for a potentially quick fix to the reactor position. Maybe this will help RobertBagg10 when he tries to fix it, and it is something I will keep in mind if I decide to try and pick up another one and get a better paint job.

Drum18 - It actually looks pretty good, I like it. Thinking of getting him now, and same as yours, he will keep is chest plate on so I don't really care what's under the plate. As far as I'm concerned, they could have left it glued on shut.
Anyway, good pickup, grats.

So... finally received mine...
Yeah... upside down arc... acceptable battle damaged... mine is gonna be a keeper since I really love the size and feel of it... Also, I won't display it open, so won't see the arc anyway... just a big letdown by Sideshow for screwing this one... :mad:

View attachment 92193
View attachment 92195
View attachment 92197
View attachment 92199

With better light:
View attachment 92202

Lighting effect:
View attachment 92206
View attachment 92207

And the GREATEST JOKE:
View attachment 92212

Looks great Marc...congrats on recieving him and also for deciding to keep it :clap if you take away the AR flaw it's still an amazing sculpt :)

The only ray of hope I found was that I tested the area around the arc reactor. It is not glued on all the way around. When the lights were on I could see the faintest light leak around some areas of the AR. I was then able to slip a thin piece of paper between the reactor and the silver piece it is attached to nearly the entire way around except for a few small areas. To me this means it is only glued down in a few select spots, so breaking these seals, maybe by heating them first, could allow for a potentially quick fix to the reactor position. Maybe this will help RobertBagg10 when he tries to fix it, and it is something I will keep in mind if I decide to try and pick up another one and get a better paint job.

Hi Doc, thanks for the info my friend, yes I noticed also on mine that it is not glued all the way round, however, the parts that are glued are proving to be very stubborn and so I am at the point where if I apply more force to it that the AR cap will just snap at one of the corners thus ruining the whole look. I'll find a way though...one way or another this busts gonna have a correct AR :lol

Good luck and Godspeed brave warrior:rock. Have you tried using heat, then? Unfortunately there is so very little space to work with around the AR... It's like a centimeter or so at best, that there's no way to wedge anything underneath to get leverage. And if the AR piece is made of the same poly stone like stuff then you're right, I would be concerned about it breaking before the glue does.

Back