Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think those great shots will help a lot of people decide.

The brush strokes on the silver parts and around the chin are pretty bad.
How come all the damage around the mouth area but very little on the chin? Not very well thought out or executed imo.

I almost feel bad about being the one to show you all what sort of disappointment you're getting, but I just had such high hopes for this and the disappointment is so huge, that I don't think anyone deserves to end up with something so totally different than what was expected. In that regard I guess I'm glad I got mine early enough to give you guys a closer look.

Seeing brush strokes in the paint is terrible, and the battle damage just makes these things look broken. I'd prefer they sell a $100 blank one so I could paint it myself, I'm no expert but I probably would care more about the final product than the people they had painting these up did.

I think we could take a perfect paint Bust and throw or chip stones and rock at the bust.... it will have a better and more realistic BD effect to it than this one

Wow the bd sucks, they should learn how to do bd paint job from Hot toys! I really wasnt that dissapointed with arc reactor problem, i mean, the bust still looked ok, but seeing that close up pictures i know now that this is not for me!

Didnt sideshow turn the clean original iron man bust to battle damaged because of busts returned due to poor quality lol.
Where will they go with this ?

I cant believe how shoddy the paint app is with the damage.

Such a shame as the bust looks great.

As I mentioned awhile back I have some more pictures for anyone on the fence still, or to reinforce your decision to have cancelled... however you want to look at it:lol. I tried to showcase the "battle damaged" paint job as well as several up closes of the arc reactor. Also I included a shot of the base which, comically, has the arc reactor symbol in the correct position!

wow yours look very bad. I guess everyone got different one.

just want to share my pics.

PS These are big images. You can click on it.

Re-cancelled my order! :(
It's a real shame because I really dig the "pose".

Me too. I think he looks very formidable, powerful... badass... as Iron Man is supposed to in terms of the pose. That's why this is such a huge disappointment, because it COULD have turned out so awesome. There was a ton of potential here. And as I mentioned before, I feel the paint job for the red armor and the larger areas of gold armor is actually quite good. It would have been better off non "battle damaged" and I think it would have looked great (again, minus that little niggling issue of the UPSIDE DOWN arc reactor).

Hi all!

Delays can occur for a multitude of reasons (the full allotment just isn't expected to be finished in time for a particular target time frame, there is an issue with the manufacturing of the item (paint isn't coming out how we want it, electronic feature isn't turning out how we want it, etc.) and so delays will occur to give more time to ensure the final product is what we want it to look like and/or function, etc. The end of the year does spawn some more delays on items as well since the Chinese New Year is coming up in early 2014 and some pieces may not be done fully before weeks of factory shutdown that will occur, so some projects end up being pushed back.

Unfortunately I do not know the exact reason for the delay of this particular item but more than likely it is to ensure the product is very well-done and its full allotment is completed.

Those wishing to cancel their order due to the long delay can do so and receive a refund of their NRD (or can transfer their NRD to another order). The request to cancel must be done over the phone, email or chat. Any item that has had significant delays (the Iron Man Mark VI LSB being one such item) can be cancelled for NRD refunds/transfers.

I know delays are frustrating but I hope that for those that do decide to keep their orders that they will be incredibly happy with their Iron Man once it is in had.

-SideshowAlex

Yup, I know I'm incredibly happy.... How about you guys?! :rotfl

I'd prefer they sell a $100 blank one so I could paint it myself, I'm no expert but I probably would care more about the final product than the people they had painting these up did.

That should be a serious consideration on Sideshows part if they can't start getting things painted correctly!! Their sculpts are generally quite good, it is always the lousy paint and fit in the factories that simply don't care.

Does anyone think there will be movement on the price , I'd be happy to give $200 for this . It's not a great show piece, that much is clear but it still has a value

That should be a serious consideration on Sideshows part if they can't start getting things painted correctly!! Their sculpts are generally quite good, it is always the lousy paint and fit in the factories that simply don't care.

Not sure if it's frowned upon but I actually checked on eBay for some sort of unpainted model as I would consider this as well! I do have artistic skill and painting experience and I think it would be really fun to do something like this. I know customs aren't necessarily worth anything, but if the upfront cost was minimal, I would love to go 100% in on something and make it my own and really do it up nice and high quality. Then I could make the decision myself to battle damage it or not, and I can almost guarantee I would end up with an awesome looking product.

Does anyone think there will be movement on the price , I'd be happy to give $200 for this . It's not a great show piece, that much is clear but it still has a value
Honestly I don't see it happening for awhile if at all. At this point they're offering a $20 credit which amounts to a shade under 6% of the cost of the bust (without tax, shipping, etc.), which is an absolute joke. Expecting anything like 30-50% anytime soon is wishful thinking, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Lol! Jesus, Sideshow...another LSB disaster (Predator 2). What would Stan Lee say?

I could live with the Arc Reactor the way it is but the paint job ! Should have left it clean ,,,,anybody got a little hot rod red?

Back