Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Untitled.jpg
hahahahaha! what the hell..looks like the xm studios IM 1/4 didn't escape the inverted arc reactor curse..look at this from a youtube review..what are they doing to IM..

image_zpsaed91900.jpg
it's supposed to be like this..hehe..only iron studios got the arc reactor right with their IM 1/4..iron studios = iron man..SS lacks QC and only for profit now a days..

Attachments

• image_zpsaed91900.jpg
    image_zpsaed91900.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 475
Is it just me now we are getting some decent close up pictures, or in person does the paint work look pretty sloppy, I.E visible brush strokes and overspill around the edges of each colour? The more I see of this the happier I am I didn't make it my first IM piece. Makes me worry about the items I do have on Pre order now as SS clearly aren't improving quality since I last had a little Hiatus from them. Really do feel for people that waited so long for this.

Overall this is an accurate assessment. Here are my overall impressions. The sculpt is amazing and the detail in the sculpt overall looks great. There's no mistaking this is iron man and from even a reasonable distance this is a formidable, great looking piece.

Paint... The red overall looks great. Good color, darker than I think most people realize, even application, good looking clear coat. But then you get to the gold and silver. There are obvious brush strokes seen in almost any area that is gold or silver. You can see this in the close up in the picture you quoted of mine. Again, even from just a short distance, it looks great, but close inspection makes it easy to see. I don't notice a lot of color bleeding or overlap or anything like that, and black lines used to accent armor gaps and such are overall very clean and look good. The battle damage application is, as Collectorcol put it, laughable. It is simply either a whitish or silver streak mixed with a little red brushed on various aspects of the piece. Again, from a distance, not bad, but not great... And up close, it loses all credibility as "battle damage".

The base is nice, looks good, a nice, deep, even black color, and the statue has a nice weight to it overall. I didn't try the light up feature as I am likely sending it back and figured why bother.

Then there's the upside down arc reactor. No more needs to be said about this. The only saving grace for anyone considering getting this and correcting the arc reactor... It does seem to be glued on separately, so there MAY exist the possibility to carefully unattach it (using heat or something to weaken the glue? I don't know) and then reorient it the correct way. I think it is ridiculous to even have to consider this but I just thought I'd mention it. I will try and get more close up photos later tonight if anyone wants to see anything specific.

This display looks great! The line up with the artwork on the wall...excellent!

Wish this bust worked out better for more people. I have some of the comic LSB and I think they turned out pretty good. They're more basic compared to this one, though. I hoped to see more comic LSBs in the future, I hope SS doesn't make decisions for any possible future LSBs based on reactions to this one because they can turn out very well when done right.

Thanks a lot, by the way! It's been fun watching my setup morph as time has gone on. He looks so good up there, but unfortunately this nearly two year wait has been all for nothing. It's really a shame.

Very well summed up DoggieDoc. Such a shame after all the anticipation.
I've just received a full refund from my local retailer.
He very kindly offered me a store credit which equated to about 9% of the value but this will always be the bust SS dropped the ball on.
Happy to get my money returned but gutted at the same time.

Very well summed up DoggieDoc. Such a shame after all the anticipation.
I've just received a full refund from my local retailer.
He very kindly offered me a store credit which equated to about 9% of the value but this will always be the bust SS dropped the ball on.
Happy to get my money returned but gutted at the same time.

Yeah, gutted is right. I am just awaiting my response from the SS returns department. I emailed them last night so hopefully I hear back by tomorrow at the latest. So you're saying you got your money back AND some store credit? If so, nice!

No mate, store credit was if I decided to keep it.
He also made me aware that he was offered no concessions at all from his Sideshow rep. The credit would of come from his profit margin.

Might be a better option to use the Live Chat. SS can take days to respond to emails.

Overall this is an accurate assessment. Here are my overall impressions. The sculpt is amazing and the detail in the sculpt overall looks great. There's no mistaking this is iron man and from even a reasonable distance this is a formidable, great looking piece.

Paint... The red overall looks great. Good color, darker than I think most people realize, even application, good looking clear coat. But then you get to the gold and silver. There are obvious brush strokes seen in almost any area that is gold or silver. You can see this in the close up in the picture you quoted of mine. Again, even from just a short distance, it looks great, but close inspection makes it easy to see. I don't notice a lot of color bleeding or overlap or anything like that, and black lines used to accent armor gaps and such are overall very clean and look good. The battle damage application is, as Collectorcol put it, laughable. It is simply either a whitish or silver streak mixed with a little red brushed on various aspects of the piece. Again, from a distance, not bad, but not great... And up close, it loses all credibility as "battle damage".

The base is nice, looks good, a nice, deep, even black color, and the statue has a nice weight to it overall. I didn't try the light up feature as I am likely sending it back and figured why bother.

Then there's the upside down arc reactor. No more needs to be said about this. The only saving grace for anyone considering getting this and correcting the arc reactor... It does seem to be glued on separately, so there MAY exist the possibility to carefully unattach it (using heat or something to weaken the glue? I don't know) and then reorient it the correct way. I think it is ridiculous to even have to consider this but I just thought I'd mention it. I will try and get more close up photos later tonight if anyone wants to see anything specific.

No mention of the light up feature? What is your opinion on that?

No mention of the light up feature? What is your opinion on that?

Yeah, sorry about that. Never even took the batteries out to try the light up feature, as I am pretty certain, unless Sideshow changes their tune on this debacle, that I will be sending it back.

No mate, store credit was if I decided to keep it.
He also made me aware that he was offered no concessions at all from his Sideshow rep. The credit would of come from his profit margin.

Might be a better option to use the Live Chat. SS can take days to respond to emails.

Ahh, I understand now. Well 9% is better than what's been reported to be offered by Sideshow so far! Maybe I will just Live Chat later tonight. I went through an email correspondence for a scratched up Hot Toys Mark II AU version and it was a freaking joke. It took days and days to hear back, and then they seemed to forget about me for awhile until I got super fed up and called them in person. I should have learned my lesson then.

Well, just got done with SS Live Chat. Essentially I was given the option of keep or return for full refund. When I asked if these were my only options, I was then offered a $20 credit.... no. As awesome as the sculpt is I just can't do it, so back it goes. Just waiting on the returns department to contact me and set up the process.

$20...was that a joke?!

Gonna be alot of busts in the bargain bin.

It seemed like a joke to me. Here is the exact quote...

"No you will get a full refund and not have to cover shipping. Another option, if you would like, i know that the item is not what what specified, but it is still a pretty cool bust, if you would like to keep it, we can offer you a $20 credit."

I'm not ragging on the person who helped me, as they were very nice and professional... But come on, ya know? If this does hit the bargain bin down the line I would almost surely pull the trigger again. As I said it is generally quite impressive. But at full price point, I just can't let them get away with this sort of mistake.

This is arc reactor issue is a debacle. Glad I waited for in hand pics and I really loved this bust when it was displayed and I'm sure lots of ppl did too.
Guess its money saved.

It seemed like a joke to me. Here is the exact quote...

"No you will get a full refund and not have to cover shipping. Another option, if you would like, i know that the item is not what what specified, but it is still a pretty cool bust, if you would like to keep it, we can offer you a $20 credit."

I'm not ragging on the person who helped me, as they were very nice and professional... But come on, ya know? If this does hit the bargain bin down the line I would almost surely pull the trigger again. As I said it is generally quite impressive. But at full price point, I just can't let them get away with this sort of mistake.

:exactly: They can't make such a silly mistake and expect people to still pay top dollar.
They need to step up QC to make sure things like this don't happen.
Accepting a small credit really doesn't make any sense.
At the right price I would still pick one up but it would have to be cheap.

:exactly: They can't make such a silly mistake and expect people to still pay top dollar.
They need to step up QC to make sure things like this don't happen.
Accepting a small credit really doesn't make any sense.
At the right price I would still pick one up but it would have to be cheap.
It seems its much easier for them to take the 20 dollar hit then to fix the real problem with the qc.

Back