Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems its much easier for them to take the 20 dollar hit then to fix the real problem with the qc.

It would be, $20 is nothing to them against the price of these things. It will cost them more to ship it back and man hours resealing it etc. And they'd rather that than be a little more generous to help loyal customers that they have screwed over after a 2yr wait? :gah: When SS really mess up like in this case it should be a 30% discount offer or something along those lines, 50% even rather than a pathetic low flat rate whatever the cost of the piece, , would you buy a broken vase in a shop for more than half its RRP? These busts are faulty, and if the paint work is as bad on the rest then they don't really have many saving graces so who in their right mind would be persuaded to keep one for $20? Boggles the mind. With prices sky rocketing, people not having so much disposable income and crappy new business models such as NRD's based on prototypes we'll never actually get and withholding of ES numbers, you'd think SS would want to do anything they possibly can to keep hold of us customers.... $20 psssh!

If enough people return, SS will definitely offer bigger discount on these for sure

It would be, $20 is nothing to them against the price of these things. It will cost them more to ship it back and man hours resealing it etc. And they'd rather that than be a little more generous to help loyal customers that they have screwed over after a 2yr wait? :gah: When SS really mess up like in this case it should be a 30% discount offer or something along those lines, 50% even rather than a pathetic low flat rate whatever the cost of the piece, , would you buy a broken vase in a shop for more than half its RRP? These busts are faulty, and if the paint work is as bad on the rest then they don't really have many saving graces so who in their right mind would be persuaded to keep one for $20? Boggles the mind. With prices sky rocketing, people not having so much disposable income and crappy new business models such as NRD's based on prototypes we'll never actually get and withholding of ES numbers, you'd think SS would want to do anything they possibly can to keep hold of us customers.... $20 psssh!

My sentiments exactly. I was offered MORE than $20 when I had an issue with a scratched up chest piece and faceplate on a Hot Toys Mark II AU version. How on earth does this justify being offered less? I don't get it.

If enough people return, SS will definitely offer bigger discount on these for sure

You would hope. As far as I can tell from this forum alone maybe ONE person has decided they might keep theirs. Everyone else, if you look back at the posts, has cancelled or is returning theirs, myself included.

I also cancelled my order and got back the deposit from the retailer today. Have not imagined ended up this way after a 21 months waiting.

I also cancelled Its not really sideshows huge f..k up that made me cancel its the terrible paint app....shocking after all the delays :(

Was that with Lee David?
Really left me feeling very disappointed. Had high hopes for this piece.
Hi Col i was also really really looking forward to this....I ordered from Belgium i had just started collecting and didn't know of Lee.
Don't get me wrong the guys in Belgium are great but lees layaway payments are so helpful and his good service is also a winner

I'm guessing no more photos of this guy?
All going back to Sideshow?

Still undecided over here!

I got an email back from Alter Ego today. Sideshow is offering them the same $20 back per piece to offer to their customers. AE is saying they would offer a full refund if I decide to bail...which I'm likely doing.

Got an email from AE today

Dear Iron Man Collector,

We received the following email from Sideshow Collectibles today and wanted to forward the information on to you as quickly as possible.

"We know that you have been anxiously awaiting your Iron Man Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust, item #200150. It has just come to our attention that the orientation of the triangle detail on the Internal Arc Reactor does not match the photos that were originally posted on our website.
We’re terribly sorry for this mix-up. Although we’d like to blame Loki for meddling in the production process, we’ve got to own the error. We wanted you to be aware of the discrepancy before your bust is shipped out to you, so that you have an opportunity to decide whether or not to keep the item or cancel your order. You can view the updated photos of the arc reactor, that appears under the removable chest plate, at the provided link:
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-iron-man-mark-vi-sideshow-collectibles-200150/"

Please let us know by Friday, January 31st, if you would like to keep your order for this item open or cancel it. If you cancel, your non-refundable deposit will be refunded. My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience and if you have any other questions, please feel free to email me.

I will be cancelling and asking for a refund. SS dropped the ball on this one big time and collectors shouldn't just accept this level of service.

I'm guessing no more photos of this guy?
All going back to Sideshow?

Still undecided over here!

I can get more photos for you tonight if that would help with your decision. Anything you want to see in particular? I mean, mine is still going back to SS, but it won't be leaving for a few days.

Last edited:
Haha, nice! And of course they deserve it. How do you have a year long delay and still end up with a mistake as BONEheaded as having the flipping Arc Reactor upside down?!?!?! (Not to mention the sketchy "battle damage" paint job.)

As I mentioned awhile back I have some more pictures for anyone on the fence still, or to reinforce your decision to have cancelled... however you want to look at it:lol. I tried to showcase the "battle damaged" paint job as well as several up closes of the arc reactor. Also I included a shot of the base which, comically, has the arc reactor symbol in the correct position!

As I mentioned awhile back I have some more pictures for anyone on the fence still, or to reinforce your decision to have cancelled... however you want to look at it:lol. I tried to showcase the "battle damaged" paint job as well as several up closes of the arc reactor. Also I included a shot of the base which, comically, has the arc reactor symbol in the correct position!

Is it sideshow paint job or ...?

Very happy with my decision to cancel.
That triangle on the base is the funnies thing i've seen all day...next to the BD :lol

Yeah I totally forgot to mention the CORRECT triangle positioning on the base previously. Even funnier when you see it, isn't it? And the battle damage on the base is a particularly bad looking example... Very "white paintish" looking, haha.

I think those great shots will help a lot of people decide.

The brush strokes on the silver parts and around the chin are pretty bad.
How come all the damage around the mouth area but very little on the chin? Not very well thought out or executed imo.

Back