Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone order from alter ego? Im thinking of cancelling and seeing if it drops in price I will pick up it then.

Question for those that have picked this up and if you have the 1:1 Iron man bust, how much smaller is it? half the size?

Just spoke with a Sideshow rep and cancelled mine. It's a shame really because it does indeed look great but I just can't overlook that mistake. I rather cancel it than having to compromise on this one.

Did anyone order from alter ego? Im thinking of cancelling and seeing if it drops in price I will pick up it then.

Question for those that have picked this up and if you have the 1:1 Iron man bust, how much smaller is it? half the size?

I ordered from AE and wrote to them today asking what they are planning to do with a piece that is certainly shipping as flawed. I'll let you know what I hear.

Just spoke with a Sideshow rep and cancelled mine. It's a shame really because it does indeed look great but I just can't overlook that mistake. I rather cancel it than having to compromise on this one.
I assume they didn't have anything good to offer?

Well, got my bust in. It's a DAMN shame, because this thing is otherwise spectacular looking. The battle damage painting is a bit basic as you can see in the pics, but it really does look amazing otherwise. The gold color is a little more metallic than it looks in the pics, as mine just came in from the cold and was a little condensated, haha. I contacted Sideshow tonight, we'll see if I get anything different than the rest of you.

Apart from the AR I think they ruined it with crappy BD.
Missed opportunity.
Agreed. At a distance it looks fine, not so much up close. I have never had a bust before so not sure what to expect, but I also notice brush strokes in a lot of the gold areas. As awesome as it looks on the shelf I just think I'll be returning it. The arc reactor is just a killer. I was trying to look and see what I might order in its place but nothing in a similar price range is interesting me right now. I also don't feel like waiting yet again for something else. I could always get more 1/6th scale stuff!

Got #50 today but its going back. The arc and bad looking battle damage is too much for me. I could handle battle damage if it looked better but this just doesn't do it

I assume they didn't have anything good to offer?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL No. Truth is, she didn't even bother to offer anything... and I didn't bother to ask for anything. This whole thing is such a let down, just want my money back and forget it ever happen.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLL No. Truth is, she didn't even bother to offer anything... and I didn't bother to ask for anything. This whole thing is such a let down, just want my money back and forget it ever happen.

Yeah, not that we should expect anything, huh? As long as they pay my return shipping and refund the purchase price plus shipping I can't see how I won't send it back.

I wonder how much a blunder like this will cost SS? Gotta be more than the Mark 6 chin fiasco I imagine?

This display looks great! The line up with the artwork on the wall...excellent!

Wish this bust worked out better for more people. I have some of the comic LSB and I think they turned out pretty good. They're more basic compared to this one, though. I hoped to see more comic LSBs in the future, I hope SS doesn't make decisions for any possible future LSBs based on reactions to this one because they can turn out very well when done right.

Now I don't know what to do! :gah:
Looks good in the pictures taken from a distance and it looks incredible on the mantlepiece with the other Iron Men…
But up close, not so much.

Any reviews up on youtube yet?

Is it just me now we are getting some decent close up pictures, or in person does the paint work look pretty sloppy, I.E visible brush strokes and overspill around the edges of each colour? The more I see of this the happier I am I didn't make it my first IM piece. Makes me worry about the items I do have on Pre order now as SS clearly aren't improving quality since I last had a little Hiatus from them. Really do feel for people that waited so long for this.

Back