Iron Man 2 Mark VI Legendary Scale Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How does it look when you turn the lights on? Any shine through?

Andy may be able to help you with resetting the face plate but if it were me i would return it and or ask for money back.

Light looks fine I think. Who is Andy?

I just don't know... It's such a cool bust with so many problems. If I can reseat the mask I'll probably do that and ask for a chunk of credit for the hassle of this piece and keep it, get it repainted one day.

Light looks fine I think. Who is Andy?

I just don't know... It's such a cool bust with so many problems. If I can reseat the mask I'll probably do that and ask for a chunk of credit for the hassle of this piece and keep it, get it repainted one day.

Andy = RobertoBaggio aka Man-with-too-much-goddamn-money :lol

Who is Andy?

Some call me....Andy Stark ;) :lol :lol

Andy = RobertoBaggio aka Man-with-too-much-goddamn-money :lol

:lol :lol :clap nice one Eric...

N full line up of IM stuff :clap

and long may it continue Pau :yess: Iron Patriot lifesize bust next for me bro...what do you reckon? QC issues? :panic: :panic: :horror:

Hey bro, after looking at your pic I can only see two possible outcomes. Firstly, don't even fix it by attempting to remove it and aligning in, chances are you'll probably run into more difficulties trying to take it off and you don't want to make it worse.

So your first option would be to return the item back for a replacement...I think you mentioned you already had a replacement for this already but its not your fault so Sideshow can't refuse you another replacement. Infact, as it was a replacement, they should have personally checked the item for QC before shipping you another one so really there is no excuse to send you yet another dud. Your pic clearly shows that the faceplate is out of alignment so there's no reason for them to deny you another replacement.

Your second option would be to accept the item as it is, take a reasonable credit due to the evident flaw and then just put the fact the faceplate is slighty wonky down to the battle damage maybe :dunno Tony Starks faceplate could've taken a hit through battle causing the mask to look the way it does...kinda works if you look at it like that

However, I say replace it. You paid money for it to look a certain way so there's no reason why you should accept second best in my opinion. Good luck bro and keep us updated :)

Well got my 3rd one of these, 2nd replacement. It's not broken, really. So yay. But the battle damage is the most gaudy of all the ones I've received. The big problem is that the face mask is not set properly. God this piece has such awful QC. Not sure what to do. The BD I can deal with, maybe repaint it one day. The mask... I dunno. I gave it a slight tug and could feel that if I applied a slight bit more force I could rip it off. It sits goofy on the mouth...

View attachment 139044View attachment 139045View attachment 139046View attachment 139047

You an do what nearly everyone on here does to justify their money spent for an obvious defective piece, and that is come up with your own little happy scenario to convince yourself that it's ok to keep it.

You can say that you're gonna attribute the battle damaged armor and busted helmet to Iron Man and the rest of the Avengers arguing over who's #1 and that it led to a fight. Iron Man loses in the end to Hulk.

Haha, If I were a SS rep, that's what I would tell you. I'd make you believe me.

You an do what nearly everyone on here does to justify their money spent for an obvious defective piece, and that is come up with your own little happy scenario to convince yourself that it's ok to keep it.

You can say that you're gonna attribute the battle damaged armor and busted helmet to Iron Man and the rest of the Avengers arguing over who's #1 and that it led to a fight. Iron Man loses in the end to Hulk.

Haha, If I were a SS rep, that's what I would tell you. I'd make you believe me.

Sideshow does that crap all the time. They make it seem like Your, AKA the buyer, Has to hard of standards that they can not meet because your idea of broken or defective is not the same as theirs. They consider every piece they send out 100% perfection when in reality its a 50/50 chance.

Has anyone removed the faceplate? I need to decide whether to take $55 credit for my bust and fix it or just return it and be done with it. Only want to keep it though if I know I can fix it. If I remove it and break something I'm SOL.

Nevermind, I'm a complete idiot. Didn't see the posts above.

I just don't know. Sideshow offered $55 credit to keep it. With the rewards points I got that puts the end cost at about $290 for this thing. Tempted to take the credit. It's more than the usual 10%. But I'm not overly happy with it and can't see myself spending $200+ more to get it repainted to take off the ****** battle damage. It really looks awful from up close. I'm still very torn.

Nevermind, I'm a complete idiot. Didn't see the posts above.

I just don't know. Sideshow offered $55 credit to keep it. With the rewards points I got that puts the end cost at about $290 for this thing. Tempted to take the credit. It's more than the usual 10%. But I'm not overly happy with it and can't see myself spending $200+ more to get it repainted to take off the ****** battle damage. It really looks awful from up close. I'm still very torn.

get a full refund. Do not keep a statue you do not like. and or a broken statue for a 50$ credit.

The only thing stopping me from returning it is that at night in lower light, which is the majority of the time I spend being around my collection, it looks fantastic, the mask problem and horrible battle damage isn't noticeable at all. It's like the jekyl and hyde of collectibles. Or the iron man version of the two faced girl from Seinfeld.

While the consensus is return it, it's such a fantastic sculpt... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414472447.693002.jpg

I hate being so damn bipolar

I decided to send it back. Was just causing me too much stress going back and forth. I do love the look of it and maybe one day I will repurchase it and try again for a good one. I think I really just wanted something legendary scale. I may go for a full size legendary scale Iron Man one day, or track down a Mk3 lifesize bust instead.

I decided to send it back. Was just causing me too much stress going back and forth. I do love the look of it and maybe one day I will repurchase it and try again for a good one. I think I really just wanted something legendary scale. I may go for a full size legendary scale Iron Man one day, or track down a Mk3 lifesize bust instead.

Best decision i think. Now that i have $500 in rewards I may rebuy this statue. It would look awesome next to the Half scale Mark VII

Good call. Put the 5 Hundo towards an LSF :lecture

Best decision i think. Now that i have $500 in rewards I may rebuy this statue. It would look awesome next to the Half scale Mark VII

Don't. I am not sure they refund reward points when you send something back. And with this piece, there is a big chance it will have issues.

Back