Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CLAPPING_GIF_RE_OK_PEOPLE_I_NEED_YOU_HELP-s300x225-49282.gif

Bravo. A true collector here

Aren't u flipping yours?:monkey3:monkey3

you guys are just lucky to have this sort of exclusivity available in your country. I however am not happy about it, seeing that even if I am interested it just so happens that there won't ever be an opportunity as similar as to you guys attending the SDCC. This sort of opportunity has never happened in my country (well I don't think I'll ever see it happening during my lifetime). The only chance that some like us do have would be to get these illusive figures from the so called 'scalpers'. Bare in mind that the price of the markIV exclusive will not only be fluctuated to 400USD, but if converted to my country's currency would be about 1400 including shipments n tax. And if we put aside currency, our value of lifestyle is just the same as yours (e.g you spend 5USD on a meal, we spend 5/more on a meal too) . But when it comes to figure collecting, we spend so much more on 1/6 figures than you guys, and yet we are only formally given access only to the 'normal limited' figure. So instead of me reading about some of you guys yapping about figure flipping or what not, just be thankful that they actually gave most of you the opportunity to have a grab on these exclusives. If not then what's the point of using the word 'exclusive collectible'? people having multiples and flipping them for profits are just 'smart' in finding the loopholes. I don't condone them but I wouldn't applaud on this behavior as well. It's just part of life and you can't get everything in this world even if you're the richest.

so when you think about it, long story short this means that companies like HT are just nice enough to cater you guys with this sort of gift, whereas events like these never did come knocking on OUR doors.

If you sold the Mark I, this won't come close to making up for it. Out of all the Iron Man's, this is the only one you'll have?

I also got one but at $248.50, I'm not sure if I really want it.

Yes, I sold my Mark I, II, III and IIIBD. This will make up for it because to me personally I like this one, it's not about how much their worth but how great they look (personal opinion). I plan on getting the rest of the IM2 line and maybe later in the future, I'll get them all. But for now the most important thing is...I'm happy.

you guys are just lucky to have this sort of exclusivity available in your country. I however am not happy about it, seeing that even if I am interested it just so happens that there won't ever be an opportunity as similar as to you guys attending the SDCC. This sort of opportunity has never happened in my country (well I don't think I'll ever see it happening during my lifetime). The only chance that some like us do have would be to get these illusive figures from the so called 'scalpers'. Bare in mind that the price of the markIV exclusive will not only be fluctuated to 400USD, but if converted to my country's currency would be about 1400 including shipments n tax. And if we put aside currency, our value of lifestyle is just the same as yours (e.g you spend 5USD on a meal, we spend 5/more on a meal too) . But when it comes to figure collecting, we spend so much more on 1/6 figures than you guys, and yet we are only formally given access only to the 'normal limited' figure. So instead of me reading about some of you guys yapping about figure flipping or what not, just be thankful that they actually gave most of you the opportunity to have a grab on these exclusives. If not then what's the point of using the word 'exclusive collectible'? people having multiples and flipping them for profits are just 'smart' in finding the loopholes. I don't condone them but I wouldn't applaud on this behavior as well. It's just part of life and you can't get everything in this world even if you're the richest.

so when you think about it, long story short this means that companies like HT are just nice enough to cater you guys with this sort of gift, whereas events like these never did come knocking on OUR doors.

I feel for ya man...it probably does suck big time. But can you blame them since the market is so big here? (biggest in the world I'm sure)

Yes, I sold my Mark I, II, III and IIIBD. This will make up for it because to me personally I like this one, it's not about how much their worth but how great they look (personal opinion). I plan on getting the rest of the IM2 line and maybe later in the future, I'll get them all. But for now the most important thing is...I'm happy.

Thats why this piece to me is the begin all/end all to Iron man figures on the market right now (to me). I always LOVED War machines colors but I never liked the character...

Now I get the best of both worlds in one character, in one rare exclusive...Cant beat it IMO.

I feel for ya man...it probably does suck big time. But can you blame them since the market is so big here? (biggest in the world I'm sure)

yes it does suck and no I can't blame them for doing a good job in tapping into the US markets, but it would be nice of them to take notice on the rest of their customers like me who would need to put just a lil bit more effort in getting them figurines compared to most of you here :monkey1

What country do you live in man ? I'm just curious about the price difference you spoke of.

Anyone who missed out, just calm down and wait for it to be released. This price may come down for a while. People shouldn't be preordering off ebay anyway.

I actually hope a majority of people flip this figure. I'm hoping for a scalper's flood of them on eBay, which thus in turn makes it less than what it could have been had everyone held on and kept theirs.

The only time scalpers will be able to get a killing on flipping is if they do it right when the figure is released. For us who missed out, just be patient and wait until prices stabilize. I highly doubt this will be valued at the same price as the gunmetal Mark III SDCC exclusive. Plus, Hot Toys wasn't as mainstream back then as it is now. Everyone's momma's cousin's brother collects Hot Toys now. Everyone who wants one will eventually be able to get one if they just play the waiting game.

Doesn't matter. If they increase the ES to try and help alleviate the scalping issue, collectors will moan about the value of their collectible anyway. Yeap, they moan about everything.

I actually hope a majority of people flip this figure. I'm hoping for a scalper's flood of them on eBay, which thus in turn makes it less than what it could have been had everyone held on and kept theirs.

The only time scalpers will be able to get a killing on flipping is if they do it right when the figure is released. For us who missed out, just be patient and wait until prices stabilize. I highly doubt this will be valued at the same price as the gunmetal Mark III SDCC exclusive. Plus, Hot Toys wasn't as mainstream back then as it is now. Everyone's momma's cousin's brother collects Hot Toys now. Everyone who wants one will eventually be able to get one if they just play the waiting game.

LOL, no one collects hot toys in 1000 miles of where I live or knows anything about the company.

^This.

A lot of Gunmetals actually sold for very little ($20-$30) over retail for about a year after SDCC. Prices didn't climb till IM 2 trailers started popping up. Prices soared from the films release to this point.

Doesn't matter. If they increase the ES to try and help alleviate the scalping issue, collectors will moan about the value of their collectible anyway. Yeap, they moan about everything.

Since they don't claim a limited quantity of X, I can't see why anyone would complain about them increasing the quantity produced to meet demand. The only people who will complain are those who bought it for profit, and personally I think it would be AWESOME if Hot Toys flooded the market and made this figure worth less than $200 to hose all those people. People should buy action figures because they like them, not as an investment.

I am one of those odd people who have been collecting Hot Toys since the beginning, I think I might have started with their Appleseed series. I love their products and I will buy anything comic book related for my collection. I even bought figures like Appleseed because I liked the look, I have never seen the movies. I watched them after I got the first two figures and it was pretty weak, but I still like the action figures. But I digress....

I wish Hot Toys figures were only purchased by collectors. I guess that is my bottom line. People who scalp hurt the hobby.

I had this in my cart ready for check out and couldn't pull the trigger. I realized I was buying this figure purely for the "collectible" factor and not because I wanted a grey Iron Man. I'd much rather save the $$ and pick up the Mark VI somewhere down the line. I realize I could have bought it and sold it to put together the funds to get the Mark VI but I didn't want to take the figure from someone who genuinely wanted one. Here's hoping a fellow collector got it and not someone looking for a profit.

:goodpost::clap:hi5:

I coudnt agree with this post more, I hope the secondary market gets flooded with them. That way sideshow and hot toys get there money and the scalpers profits are cut. It really irks me when people buy a product with the sole intent of making a profit on it. Why not let someone who is going to appreciate it get there hands on it at a decent price?

Back