Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is a box of donuts?

dunkin-donuts-coupons-free-donut-in-national-doughnut-day.jpg

:lol :rotfl :lol :rotfl

lol @ people who equate high moral standards with selling/not selling toys. :lol

Not selling toys or not scalping toys does not indicate a high moral standard, just an average moral standard. Buying up any limited edition item of any kind, whether toy or not, with the specific intention of depriving others of buying at the original price and thus selling it to them at an inflated price indicates extremely LOW moral standards.

See: The Golden Rule, and the Christian Commandment of "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself", both of which scalping of any kind, be it toys or concert tickets, clearly violates.

You don't have higher morals than average if you don't scalp. You have much lower morals if you DO scalp. There are no bonus moral points for not scalping, any more than there are bonus point for not raping, drug dealing, or stealing, which scalping is, because you shouldn't be committing those acts in the first place, which reminds me: Scalping also violates the Cristian Commandment of Thou Shalt Not Steal. These moral standards have been around for thousands of years. It's not as if scalping violates some new moral standard.
You get higher morals from going out and DOING good things, and not by NOT DOING bad things.

Buying low and selling high is a cornerstone of any free market system. Will you remember your opposition when managing your 401k or selling your home or car? I'm not saying it's the best principle, but if you have a moral oppostion to this concept, then I guess the whole nation is in trouble morally. And by no means am I condemning you for condemning buying low and selling high.

Oh lord, please no. The whole selling issue is a dead horse beaten beyond belief.

Oh lord, please no. The whole selling issue is a dead horse beaten beyond belief.
I agree, but a separate thread might keep the threads about the items from derailing. I've had enough about the complaining about scalping, still, there's a lot about scalping as such which I haven't heard before. It seems, for some people the subject never gets old. If they want to discuss it, why not give them a thread?

Last edited:
Buying low and selling high is a cornerstone of any free market system. Will you remember your opposition when managing your 401k or selling your home or car? I'm not saying it's the best principle, but if you have a moral oppostion to this concept, then I guess the whole nation is in trouble morally. And by no means am I condemning you for condemning buying low and selling high.

Well, buying for yourself and then losing interest or seeing that the thing has appreciated in value more than the thing is worth to YOU, and then selling at a profit is not the same thing at all as buying an item with the express intent of depriving others from being able to buy at the original price and forcing them to pay more for it if they want it so you can put the difference in your pocket, because in the second case, you never had any intention of keeping it for yourself. You didn't take one off the market for your own collection, you took one off the market just to force someone else to pay you more so that THEY can get it.
There is nothing wrong with buying for yourself and then deciding later that you want to sell, and then make a profit from it, because you didn't have the intention of exploiting another human being when you bought it, and when you sell it, that is how much they cost, so if someone doesn't buy it from you at that price, they will buy it from someone else at the same price. If you want to be nice, you can sell below market value to another person later and still make a profit.

Yes, I think that most people are not moral. Only 15% of people are really moral. Some people are immoral, but most are amoral.
Some people don't care about the immorality involved in scalping, but that is because they aren't concerned with morality, because they aren't moral people. As I said, most people aren't moral people. However, just because the immorality of scalping doesn't bother someone does not mean that it isn't immoral. It just means that they don't care about the immorality, because they aren't moral people. They are immoral or amoral.

I coudnt agree with this post more, I hope the secondary market gets flooded with them. That way sideshow and hot toys get there money and the scalpers profits are cut. It really irks me when people buy a product with the sole intent of making a profit on it. Why not let someone who is going to appreciate it get there hands on it at a decent price?

Welcome to America.....

Not selling toys or not scalping toys does not indicate a high moral standard, just an average moral standard. Buying up any limited edition item of any kind, whether toy or not, with the specific intention of depriving others of buying at the original price and thus selling it to them at an inflated price indicates extremely LOW moral standards.

See: The Golden Rule, and the Christian Commandment of "Love Thy Neighbor as Thyself", both of which scalping of any kind, be it toys or concert tickets, clearly violates.

You don't have higher morals than average if you don't scalp. You have much lower morals if you DO scalp. There are no bonus moral points for not scalping, any more than there are bonus point for not raping, drug dealing, or stealing, which scalping is, because you shouldn't be committing those acts in the first place, which reminds me: Scalping also violates the Cristian Commandment of Thou Shalt Not Steal. These moral standards have been around for thousands of years. It's not as if scalping violates some new moral standard.
You get higher morals from going out and DOING good things, and not by NOT DOING bad things.

Wow just wow
My Neighbor's have some of the worst kids imaginable, they make so much noise and have no regard for anyone but themselves. I wouldn't PI$$ on anyone of them on fire to help put it out. In other words....screw my neighbors

What if you don't have any religious beliefs? Is it okay to flip then? :confused:

I took a morality reading on myself and this is what registered. :(

kysry.png

Would you consider some guy who makes 20k a year flipping a few statues/figures to feed his wife/kids morally bad?

Or would you rather see some rich dude who has HUNDREDS of statues and doesn't get the 1 exclusive he wants morally good?

Just wondering...Food for thought.

What if you don't have any religious beliefs? Is it okay to flip then? :confused:

kysry.png

I referred to The Golden Rule, which is not necessarily religious.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_Rule
"The Golden Rule or ethic of reciprocity is a maxim,[2] ethical code, or morality[3] that essentially states either of the following:

1. One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself (positive form)[2]
2. One should not treat others in ways that one would not like to be treated (negative/prohibitive form, also called the Silver Rule)

The Golden Rule is arguably the most essential basis for the modern concept of human rights, in which each individual has a right to just treatment, and a reciprocal responsibility to ensure justice for others.[4] A key element of the Golden Rule is that a person attempting to live by this rule treats all people with consideration, not just members of his or her in-group. The Golden Rule has its roots in a wide range of world cultures, and is a standard which different cultures use to resolve conflicts.[2][5]

The Golden Rule has a long history, and a great number of prominent religious figures and philosophers have restated its reciprocal, bilateral nature in various ways (not limited to the above forms).[2] As a concept, the Golden Rule has a history that long predates the term "Golden Rule" (or "Golden law", as it was called from the 1670s).[2][6] The ethic of reciprocity was present in certain forms in the philosophies of ancient Babylon, Egypt, Persia, India, Greece, Judea, and China.[citation needed]

Examples of statements that mirror the Golden Rule appear in Ancient Egypt, for example in the story of The Eloquent Peasant which is dated to the Middle Kingdom of Egypt (c. 2040–1650 BCE): "Now this is the command: Do to the doer to cause that he do."[7] Rushworth Kidder states that "the label 'golden' was applied by Confucius (551–479 B.C.), who wrote a version of the Silver Rule: 'Here certainly is the golden maxim: Do not do to others that which we do not want them to do to us.'" Kidder notes that this framework appears prominently in many religions, including "Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Zoroastrianism, and the rest of the world's major religions".[8]"

Yo. i am sick of hearing about people buying with the sole intent to flip. Do you people complain about the retail prices at your supermarket, too? that is an entire business with the SOLE intent to buy from manufacturers to then flip, which the manufacturers themselves also sell for way more than it cost them. What about a comic shop that buys comics from publishers via Diamond for around 50% of what we pay? How about bakers and their unchristian-like flipping of cakes for a profit? Best Buy selling HDMI chords and memory cards for $50 that cost $2 for them to purchase?

Get over it. And dont say all of those examples are not the same, it really is in the most basic sense.

kysry.png

Agreed!:lecture

Take the Morality mask off people! You are EVIL!! Just like me.. :wave

"Am I evil? Yes I am. Am I evil? I am man, yes I am."

Back