Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to LOL at some of the posts in the last 20 pages. I do understand about people bragging they got 3 of them while other true collectors are stuck having none....that is kinda lame. To dis someone that is going to flip it though because you didn't get one is even lamer. Everyone had the same shot at getting one, everyone had the same problems with the server.....thats just how it is. Its life, you win some you lose some, don't be a sore loser over it. I didn't get the guardian last year and I wasn't crying about it at all. I somehow got lucky with the IM this time around but I am def not bragging about it. Now I am on the fence about using it as trade bait for some other older pieces id much rather have.

I think the whole point is everyone who is in this hobby ends up moving pieces out of there collection to make room for something new they want....and I am certain you are not selling the piece for retail if you find out its going for 3x more than what you paid for it. Yes I understand some deals will be made on here with close collector friends but I am still certain you are making a profit if there is one to be had. Its not the exact same thing as people buying to flip them right away but its similar. Id say 90% of us will make a profit on items if there is one to be had.....just sayin.

+ 1

I don't agree with flipping but its a dog eat dog world...Everyone had the same opportunity to buy em. For every one person NOT flipping on these forums, there's 2 non collectors flipping off the forums...Its just something that's always gonna happen, no point in _____ing about it ya know?

wonder how many are gonna have a change of heart once they have the figure in hand and sell it for double?? :stick

I wonder how some people score 3 or 4 Or more pieces ? There's a limit of 1 per customer, did they get their moms, cousins, housemaids, concubines, mistresses, wives, and so on to get one too ?

Wow, people are already asking $700 for this on ebay. Just pathetic, because 3/4 of the people who got one today, and yesterday, did so just to flip it. And love the people who are on here bragging about getting 2 or 3 like they deserve some pat on the back for being a ******. Let someone else who actually wants one, because they want one, have a shot at getting it.

And yes, I got one. Just like I got a Guardian Predator last year, which is still sitting on my shelf, unlike those who got one or more just to flip them.

Do some of you guys actually make that little a money that you consider the $100-200 profit you'll make off of scalping these things some huge score? Or do you just enjoy being that much of an ass?

Agreed that is pathetic, if people just waited a bit the could sell it for closer to 1K....that's what I'm doing with my second order. :)

I love the assumptions that flippers must be poor because they HAVE to flip :lol

Where's the assumption that they must be poor? I just asked if they made that little a money that scoring a few hundred bucks is worth bragging about like it's some huge deal.

Oh wait, I argued with you again ..... Are you going to send me a picture of that Pre-adolescent little boy with no shirt on holding a sign up accusing me of being a stalker again, are ya?

Agreed that is pathetic, if people just waited a bit the could sell it for closer to 1K....that's what I'm doing with my second order. :)

I'd be surprised if it went that high. This is almost mirror image of the Guardian Pred last year, and it never reached that high. You can even puck one up for around $400 now-a-days.

I'd be surprised if it went that high. This is almost mirror image of the Guardian Pred last year, and it never reached that high. You can even puck one up for around $400 now-a-days.

Not really the same thing, but I bet a year from now the Guardian's price will be higher.

Last edited:
Well, this thread has certainly gone in the crapper.

Initially I hated on this figure b/c it's a repaint (which still irks me a lil), and being that this was my 1st SDCC experience I was really anticipating something a little more creative in terms of exclusive releases from HT. Having opened this thread the day prior to ordering I got sucked into the frenzy of excitement and ordered 1 - convincing myself "just in case" I had a change of heart when people started posting in hand pictures :lol

At any rate, idk if I'll keep this for my personal IM line until I get him in my hands. I'd like to use him as trade bait, but my plans in this hobby never seem to work out as intended :lol

Well, this thread has certainly gone in the crapper.

Initially I hated on this figure b/c it's a repaint (which still irks me a lil), and being that this was my 1st SDCC experience I was really anticipating something a little more creative in terms of exclusive releases from HT. Having opened this thread the day prior to ordering I got sucked into the frenzy of excitement and ordered 1 - convincing myself "just in case" I had a change of heart when people started posting in hand pictures :lol

At any rate, idk if I'll keep this for my personal IM line until I get him in my hands. I'd like to use him as trade bait, but my plans in this hobby never seem to work out as intended :lol

Where can I find those in hand pics you're talking about?

Some people post 'I got multiples ordered' just to provoke a reaction from those who weren't lucky enough to get 1 order in.

They are not worth it peeps, just ignore them and if someone directly insults/harrasses you, report the post.
x :peace

Where can I find those in hand pics you're talking about?

Oh they haven't been posted yet. I meant is that I convinced myself to order 1 just in case when people started posting pics of theirs later in July, and I may want 1 - then he would be sold out and I would be screwed hunting him down the hard way :lol

Sorry for the confusion.

Some people post 'I got multiples ordered' just to provoke a reaction from those who weren't lucky enough to get 1 order in.

They are not worth it peeps, just ignore them and if someone directly insults/harrasses you, report the post.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture:hi5::peace

Oh they haven't been posted yet. I meant is that I convinced myself to order 1 just in case when people started posting pics of theirs later in July, and I may want 1 - then he would be sold out and I would be screwed hunting him down the hard way :lol

Sorry for the confusion.

:exactly::goodpost::lecture:hi5::peace

Oh ok lol, I was like DAMN IM pretty sure I checked every page of this thread. Yea I am sure its going to look MUCH better in hand. Its probably frustrating for people that own a few of these already just to get another repaint, but for someone like me, this is my first HT and my first Iron Man all together :)

Oh ok lol, I was like DAMN IM pretty sure I checked every page of this thread. Yea I am sure its going to look MUCH better in hand. Its probably frustrating for people that own a few of these already just to get another repaint, but for someone like me, this is my first HT and my first Iron Man all together :)

Oh well then congrats to you! I think you'll be very happy regardless, and considering you're first figure will be an exclusive you really kill 2 birds with one stone! :rock

I wish I was in the hobby last year for SDCC, that way I could have bought the other EX figure, but now he's fetching crazy prices on the secondary market and I just can't bring myself to take the plunge on it :monkey2

Blessed-Are-Peace-Makers-Button-(0708).jpg

If you mean the Mark III GM version Yankee that was from SDCC 2009. I wish I had known about it then too because I def would have gotten it...

Personally I am against what we call locally, "action figure scalpers". These are the people who try to buy all the rare action figures and then eBay them, and keep others from getting the figure that they want. At almost all the larger chains in my area (Target, Walmart, TRU, etc) at opening time the hardcore scalpers will be waiting at opening time just to get in and savage the shelves. We know most of them by nicknames at this point. I have seen one clean on over $2,000 in brand new released Walmart Exlusive DC Universe Classic action figures. These people pay employees to get inside information as to when they are hitting the pegs, so they have all the advantages.

We got so pissed off with this happening that we decided to form a group of collectors who would try to beat the scalpers at their game and get action figures for our fellow members AT COST. So if I am able to find the uber rare GI Joe with Kung-Fu grip for another member I buy it and sell it to him a cost. We keep our group private and only let others join with a reference. We have maybe 30 members locally.

I personally think that people who flip action figures are hurting the hobby. It prices action figures out of the range that many can afford, and thus many give up the hobby. Sure, you might make a profit here or there, but the only one who is really making great money from this is eBay and Paypal.

Do whatever you want to do with your action figures. But keep in mind how there will be others who weren't able to get the action figure because of you. And remember how it would feel if you were on the other end.

Personally I am against what we call locally, "action figure scalpers". These are the people who try to buy all the rare action figures and then eBay them, and keep others from getting the figure that they want. At almost all the larger chains in my area (Target, Walmart, TRU, etc) at opening time the hardcore scalpers will be waiting at opening time just to get in and savage the shelves. We know most of them by nicknames at this point. I have seen one clean on over $2,000 in brand new released Walmart Exlusive DC Universe Classic action figures. These people pay employees to get inside information as to when they are hitting the pegs, so they have all the advantages.

We got so pissed off with this happening that we decided to form a group of collectors who would try to beat the scalpers at their game and get action figures for our fellow members AT COST. So if I am able to find the uber rare GI Joe with Kung-Fu grip for another member I buy it and sell it to him a cost. We keep our group private and only let others join with a reference. We have maybe 30 members locally.

I personally think that people who flip action figures are hurting the hobby. It prices action figures out of the range that many can afford, and thus many give up the hobby. Sure, you might make a profit here or there, but the only one who is really making great money from this is eBay and Paypal.

Do whatever you want to do with your action figures. But keep in mind how there will be others who weren't able to get the action figure because of you. And remember how it would feel if you were on the other end.

Wow. :goodpost::lecture

If you mean the Mark III GM version Yankee that was from SDCC 2009. I wish I had known about it then too because I def would have gotten it...

Yes, thanks for the correction. :goodpost: :hi5:

Back