Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Long story short, I had to do 'surgery' on my IM tonight because the helmet wouldn't light up. I opened up the back and fiddled with the batteries and now it works, but I don't know if I should attempt to get a new helmet or if it really was just a 'loose' battery. (Meaning, there might actually be a short and I'm just not recognizing it.)

Any advice?

the helmet has nothing to do with it, the LED neck post is a separate piece...

the helmet has nothing to do with it, the LED neck post is a separate piece...

Ah, so if I ask for a replacement, I need to ask for the LED neck post and NOT a helmet?

Did not know that. (And that's why I'm glad I asked first.) Thanks for the info.

Any advice on my situation? Is it probably just a battery issue (despite it being 'new') or is it more than likely a wiring issue?

Like I was saying, all I did was 'spin' the three batteries with my finger and now it lights up. I don't have a battery tester to see how much power they have left, but to me, it almost seemed like the batteries weren't staying in place well, hence the lack of illumination.

I have no idea what it is. It works now, but seems kind of weird I would even have to even do what I did. I'm new to HTs though, so I don't know what to expect.

your issue is very common. Once you nudge the batteries all is well, correct? No need for a replacement. The batteries were just a bit loose probably from having the plastic spacer in there. If the turn on every time now then you have nothing to worry about my man.

your issue is very common. Once you nudge the batteries all is well, correct? No need for a replacement. The batteries were just a bit loose probably from having the plastic spacer in there. If the turn on every time now then you have nothing to worry about my man.

Yep! They do now. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. :rock

The SSC Customer Service department thanks you too. I've called them I don't know how many times in the past month with either a replacement, return, etc. etc. :lol Thankfully, I can scratch this off of the list now.

i got mine today and just got around to opening it. it has definately been opened before due to the fact that the tape covering some of the small parts has been moved and the paint looks like it has been scratched all over his body and legs... i'm gonna take a wild guess and say that everybody elses don't look like they have battle damaged secret projects.

are the little silver scratches supposed to be there? this is literally my third hot toys purchase and i am primarily a statue collector. and this thing has definately been opened, trust me on this.

are the little silver scratches supposed to be there? this is literally my third hot toys purchase and i am primarily a statue collector. and this thing has definately been opened, trust me on this.

Post some pics.

This version definitely has a battle-worn look to it.

Printed right on the SSC Mark IV summary page:

"Special features on armor:
Grey paint application with battle damaged finish"

Last edited:
well it seems apologies to the sideshow staff are in order... if you'll excuse me for being a newb to hot toys i have a letter to retract!

well can you read? since the original IV came out there must be close to a million posts asking about the artificial scratches...not to mention its in the item description as pasted above by Yankee

plus, unless the figures was made out of metal, why would real scratches be silver?? if they were deep enough they would show the color of the plastic...

Ya know what, I don't care what the other dudes say Blackthornone, I actually found what you said very interesting and I very much appreciate you taking the time to explain in such detail. :)

You will be happy to hear that I have met all your criteria, aside from the gloves part. It is an closed glass cabinet (bathed with that new toy smell), away from direct light, well ventilated in a smoke free clean home.

So yes, my Gun Metal Iron Man is on display :rock
IMAG0722.jpg

Thank you. That's a wonderful display there. I approve!

Back