Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a general rule I keep everything sealed. ........................................................................................................................Even better, keep it in a room that has only safe artificial light that you only turn on when you are there to look at it.

Ya know what, I don't care what the other dudes say Blackthornone, I actually found what you said very interesting and I very much appreciate you taking the time to explain in such detail. :)

You will be happy to hear that I have met all your criteria, aside from the gloves part. It is an closed glass cabinet (bathed with that new toy smell), away from direct light, well ventilated in a smoke free clean home.

So yes, my Gun Metal Iron Man is on display :rock
IMAG0722.jpg

Ya know what, I don't care what the other dudes say Blackthornone, I actually found what you said very interesting and I very much appreciate you taking the time to explain in such detail. :)

You will be happy to hear that I have met all your criteria, aside from the gloves part. It is an closed glass cabinet (bathed with that new toy smell), away from direct light, well ventilated in a smoke free clean home.

IMAG0722.jpg

:horror:horror:horror

IMAG0722.jpg

Wow! Amazing IM Collection!

I got mine today from United Parcel Smashers. The box was beat to hell and almost all the parts were loose inside the box. And the small rockets that pop out from the left leg is broke, it wont close. I didn't mess with it too much as I didnt want to risk breaking it any further. I sent Sideshow a nice a lil email telling them what I thought.

Yeah... sometimes I think the fact that it says "collectible" on the outside of the box gets it even more abuse. Wish SS would ship these things better, or at least conceal all the lettering on the outside so it doesn't tell everyone in the world what it's holding.

Well thankfully I didn't have that happen to mine, but I'm still peeved that the box is all scraped up, and there's a big gouge in the brown shipper box. -1 on Sideshow for that.

I did however get the neck post light to work. Tried turning it on yesterday and it just came on, the light is dimmed after a moment, so I'm guessing a bad battery.

Also, not to encourage flipping, but I see the price is quickly approaching $350 on ebay. Still deciding if I want to hang on to mine or use it for a trade.

photo8-1.jpg

Does anybody else have a problem with the left flap on his back? Mine will not sit flush like the right side. I contacted Sideshow and they told me they checked two replacements pieces that they have, and they had the exact same problem. I've checked through the thread and haven't found anyone else who had this problem. Sideshow basically told me that a replacement would be the same and if I wasn't happy with it, I could return it for a refund. This is the first time Sideshow's CS didn't come through for me.:gah: I can't believe that I'm the only one with this issue and that the two possible replacements are the same. I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me if your figure has the same problem, or if it's perfect. Thanks!!!

photo8-1.jpg

Does anybody else have a problem with the left flap on his back? Mine will not sit flush like the right side. I contacted Sideshow and they told me they checked two replacements pieces that they have, and they had the exact same problem. I've checked through the thread and haven't found anyone else who had this problem. Sideshow basically told me that a replacement would be the same and if I wasn't happy with it, I could return it for a refund. This is the first time Sideshow's CS didn't come through for me.:gah: I can't believe that I'm the only one with this issue and that the two possible replacements are the same. I would really appreciate it if you guys could tell me if your figure has the same problem, or if it's perfect. Thanks!!!

That's an issue with the MK IV and Mk VI, where the wing flaps won't stay flush. You have to manipulate the metal mesh under the plastic to make it lay more flat. Its my one issue with all the new Iron Man figures they've put out recently.

The flaps on the back often sit up a little. I usually have more issues with the outside two flaps with the metal inserts though.

That's an issue with the MK IV and Mk VI, where the wing flaps won't stay flush. You have to manipulate the metal mesh under the plastic to make it lay more flat. Its my one issue with all the new Iron Man figures they've put out recently.

I think he is talking about the inner flaps without the metal mesh, but I agree with what you said otherwise.

I have the same problem, but it doesn't bother me. I understand your frustration though. These figures should be perfect (or cheaper).

The flaps on the back often sit up a little. I usually have more issues with the outside two flaps with the metal inserts though.

photo1-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

I think you guys are thinking about the wrong flap. I'm talking about the one's near the top back shoulder. The one's without the metal flaps. You can see that the left flap overlaps the hump underneath it towards the middle of the back. You can compare it to the right side where it sit's directly on top of the hump it covers. Also on the left side, the flap doesn't completely cover the bottom of the hump when closed. It seems like the left flap piece is either not the correct size, or it is completely misaligned.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Long story short, I had to do 'surgery' on my IM tonight because the helmet wouldn't light up. I opened up the back and fiddled with the batteries and now it works, but I don't know if I should attempt to get a new helmet or if it really was just a 'loose' battery. (Meaning, there might actually be a short and I'm just not recognizing it.)

Any advice?

Back