Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys new Mk II???

I really hope though if this is all I think it might be that we get an new Mark III too in the proper burgundy color scheme.

Given that we had this shot in Iron Man 2:

iron_man_2_movie_image_robert_downey_jr_tony_stark_01.jpg

It isn't out of the realm of possibilities for them to go back and do a BD Mark III with interchangable parts, newly tooled like the newer Marks under the Iron Man 2 banner. Hell they could get away with doing a new Mark I if they wanted, they could just include a Hall of Armors stand and have no issues with it at all.

I can only dream. I want a proportionally correct Mark III so bad.

Sweet, I am pre ordering this baby for sure. Rhodey Reveal head would be sweet. YES!!!!

I better start saving up my pennies in case its the comic con exclusive, you don't get much wait time on those from pre order to paying as regular pre orders.

Good post about the Hammer Drone's whoever that was, I would DEFINITELY buy all 4 to complement my Iron Man collection.

I'd really like to see an Iron Monger first though before any Hammer Drone were released, and I'd like to see Whiplash in his 2nd battle armor prior as well.

Whiplash.png

The Battle Damaged Mark III came out, not announced, but came out in February of 2010. The original Mark III came out in January of 2009 (and was announced way back in the summer of 2008 iirc).

So the newest incarnation of the Mark III we have is well over a year old and the one I actually have is well over two years old. That may not seem like a long time but Hot Toys has improved so dramatically in that time period I would LOVE to see all their new knowledge and experience applied to the Mark II as well as the Mark III.

This only holds true if what I hope is the case and this is largely and entirely new figure with film-accurate proportions and better articulation. If it is just the BD Mark III with a new torso I retract all that. I hope it's not though.

That will happen to the current Marks. A few years from now these will look quite bland when they've improved on the technology.

I also think HT will need to improve on the waist and thigh area from the release of the first Iron Man movie figs, but we will have to wait till probably tomorrow to see if there is any improvements to this new Mark II fig. I really can't wait to see the detailed pics. So HT, you can't stop here. Bring on more Iron man and Iron Man 2 figs! :hi5:

hmmm dont think this will be just a new MarkII... Maybe its some kind of dio with Hammer next to it ;)

It look's to have articulation, look at the elbow,shoulder and the ball joints and the top of the legs ..this look's to be a full figure if you ask me.

Milk.....it does the body good. I passed on Mark V and I sold everything but Mark I , IV and VI. I might be tempted for a newer model Mark II.

*checks out Hot Toys Facebook, sees teaser*

290sn0o.gif

Thankfully for me, Hot Toys hasn't shown anything remotely interesting for months now. Saves me money. These Iron Man figures are practically repaints. All Hot Toys has to do is change them a bit (tweak this, add that, make this removable, include this updated head) and everyone clamors for them so I can't say I blame them. Easy money.

Wake me up when they show Batman, Joker, Superman or some very much needed Terminators and Kyle Reese.

Last edited:

People will really _____ if they do another mk1 :lol

A revamped mark 2 can be justified because the proportions were way off, Mark 1 is pretty much perfect aside from the Downey sculpt, maybe it could do with being a small bit bigger ..but i don't see it ever happening.

You can't please everyone. I for one would be very happy.

I don't know if it is a translation error but on the Hot Toys Facebook page it says, "More Iron Man 2 collectible is coming soon! Stay tuned!"

The word "more" seems to suggest several new releases while the word "collectible" is singular. I'm confused. Is this the first of more Iron Man announcements. I know there was talk of a Nick Fury and an armored Whiplash but that was forever ago.

I was able to buy the first Mark 2 for $200.00 and that was an awesome find for me ...on the other hand I sold my Warhammer since I wasn't crazy about it . Another Mark 2...hmmm I might do that ...but, I still am waiting on my Mark VI and have not had the $$ to buy the Mark IV and V. Lets not get started with the Batman

Woo! In particular the first two and the last one have me excited. The first one clearly shows much narrower smaller shoulders, the second shows what really look to be new hips/legs. The last one seems to show the new legs as well as some form of non-rubber-torso Mark IV/V/VI style abdomen articulation.

Mark-II-Preview2.png

Orignal pic:
6a853733jw1dgfh0aygp1j.jpg

Back