Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys new Mk II???

You may complain about Hot Toys "cranking out" the Iron Man figures but I really think Hot Toys makes stuff because they enjoy it not just to make money. Sometimes not making money seems to get in the way of making stuff they want to, but in the case of Iron Man, since these do sell so well it really allows them to get better and better and engineering small-scale mechanical parts.

This easily could have just been a re-release of the BD Mark III with a new paint scheme but no, they have gone and re-done a fair bit of stuff. How much won't be totally apparent until we see the full pics but just from the chest and abdomen and the bicep you can see they put a fair bit of new work into this which they did not have to do in order to just make money.

I lightened the promo pic and have some further observations.

The abdomen is definitely totally different. You can really see when you mess with the levels just how much thicker it is for one thing. The shoulder armor in the dark pic looks more rounded along the bottom edge than the Mark III but when lightened the shape still looks pretty much the same. I still say though it's definitely much smaller in proportion to the arm and body.

Also something I didn't notice in the dark pic, I think the back flaps are totally new as well. I don't have the BD Mark III though so I'm not entirely sure if it has those same flaps or not. Perhaps someone with the BD Mark III can clarify. In particular that smaller flap that's over the larger flap up by the shoulder looks all new to me.

Mark-II-Preview.png

The bdm3 has those same flaps with the extra one on top, no change there.

Look at the seam on the shoulder, this also look's to have the micro munition pods.

Yeah I just found some pics and confirmed that you are correct. Never noticed that on the BD Mark III. Cool detail. It is way too hard to find decent high res pics of the BD Mark III. I couldn't even find a "full specs and pics" thread on here.

Yeah I just found some pics and confirmed that you are correct. Never noticed that on the BD Mark III. Cool detail. It is way too hard to find decent high res pics of the BD Mark III. I couldn't even find a "full specs and pics" thread on here.

It's on the 2nd or 3rd page of the marvel section, i found it easy enough as there has been a bit of discussion in that thread for the last few days.

We'll find out tomorrow. I'm sure the SSC newsletter will mention it and their teaser should lead to some clue about whether or not it'll be a con exclusive or a regular release. I'm still thinking it'll be a standard MMS, but remember all those rumors about an Iron Man DX? Maybe this will be that and include a table and interchangable parts to make it either a Rhodey Mark II or a autopsy table version with jumpsuit and standard Rhodey sculpt to go with one of their Obama TTs?

(Wishful fanboy thinking...)

Oh I never browse, I always search but annoyingly the search discards anything under three characters. I have no idea why that's so common in forum software. It's a ridiculous pointless constraint that makes searching for some thing such as "Mark III" impossible.

I for one really hope it's more standard. All these fancy bases and environments always end up in a drawer on my end.

We'll find out tomorrow. I'm sure the SSC newsletter will mention it and their teaser should lead to some clue about whether or not it'll be a con exclusive or a regular release. I'm still thinking it'll be a standard MMS, but remember all those rumors about an Iron Man DX? Maybe this will be that and include a table and interchangable parts to make it either a Rhodey Mark II or a autopsy table version with jumpsuit and standard Rhodey sculpt to go with one of their Obama TTs?

(Wishful fanboy thinking...)

It would be an utter fail if the only dx ironman we get is of Rhodey..if this were a possible dx Ironman it would also need a Downey Jnr face.

It would be an utter fail if the only dx ironman we get is of Rhodey..if this were a possible dx Ironman it would also need a Downey Jnr face.
What? That would be ridiculously stupid considering these are Iron Man 2 figs and Tony Stark doesn't wear the Mark II in the second movie.:slap

We've actually had a few Iron Man figures that ,IMHO,have been de facto DX figures. These two come to mind.

BD Mark III
Mark Vi

I really hope though if this is all I think it might be that we get an new Mark III too in the proper burgundy color scheme.

As much as I'm loving the look of the upper torso so far… the waist/hip area scares me and looks like it might be nothing new and will still be the same too-narrow waist and stick-thin thighs.

yea i kinda touched base on that in my last post :slap

I just said that because you still don't seem to be 100% convinced that's the Mark II, anyone who has seen the movie know's that's the Mark II.. there's no "if" or "probably" about it:dunno

Probably not a Hammer Drone but if it is another Mark II that will be even worse than if it was a HammerDrone.

I really hope though if this is all I think it might be that we get an new Mark III too in the proper burgundy color scheme.

As much as I'm loving the look of the upper torso so far… the waist/hip area scares me and looks like it might be nothing new and will still be the same too-narrow waist and stick-thin thighs.

Good lord more remakes??! :gah:

It totally has the Mark IV/VI articulated hands too. You have to look closely but you can see the joint at the base of the thumb and the pin-joint in one of the fingers.

How about Hot Toys just completely hault any new designs and series's and just remake every figure they've ever come out with?

Good lord more remakes??! :gah:

The Battle Damaged Mark III came out, not announced, but came out in February of 2010. The original Mark III came out in January of 2009 (and was announced way back in the summer of 2008 iirc).

So the newest incarnation of the Mark III we have is well over a year old and the one I actually have is well over two years old. That may not seem like a long time but Hot Toys has improved so dramatically in that time period I would LOVE to see all their new knowledge and experience applied to the Mark II as well as the Mark III.

This only holds true if what I hope is the case and this is largely and entirely new figure with film-accurate proportions and better articulation. If it is just the BD Mark III with a new torso I retract all that. I hope it's not though.

What? That would be ridiculously stupid considering these are Iron Man 2 figs and Tony Stark doesn't wear the Mark II in the second movie.:slap

So?:dunno ..It's still his suit and i meant to include it as a second sculpt to go along with a rhodey one:dunno
Are you one of those people who care so much about film accuracy that you would dismiss a cool accessories because it did not feature in the film!?:cuckoo:
.. and if we have learned anything form The jack sparrow dx it's that a figure can have and accessories form a past movie in the series,i'm speaking of course of the telescope.

If he cared so much about film accuracy he would want these new releases as there original ones lack a lot of accuracy. I think he's just an arbitrary naysayer.

HT is always going to remake figures when they can. They clearly like to show off how much they have improved and will do it when it's finically viable such as in such a well sold line as the Iron Man line. Hate it all you like but this ____ sells and a lot of us love it.

Back