Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark II (Armor Unleashed Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn Barry, you're always keeping me wanting to see your work. Can't wait to see the faceplate.
-joe-

Thanks. Pics of what i have so far are below this message.

Sounds awesome Bar. He does seem to have awesome projects going 24/7 :rock

Thanks!
I am doing a two stage moulding. I will clay the helmet up and make a sillicone mould. Then use lost wax casting to make a resin vac mould like i did for the MKVII chest pieces.
I will get the masks made from clear PETG and sprayed gold on the inside.
Here's what i have done on it so far:

IMG_4589.jpg

IMG_4590.jpg

Oh, okay.

I would have bought 3 of H AI's faceplates if the mouth mod was done too. Planning to get two Mark VII helmets for Mark IV and VI.

Anyways, hope someone else would do a complete mod. Wish you were doing it. :D

"No eyes till you turn on the lights." Now that sounds cool!

Thanks. Pics of what i have so far are below this message.

Thanks!
I am doing a two stage moulding. I will clay the helmet up and make a sillicone mould. Then use lost wax casting to make a resin vac mould like i did for the MKVII chest pieces.
I will get the masks made from clear PETG and sprayed gold on the inside.
Here's what i have done on it so far:

IMG_4589.jpg
???

And placing those WIPs on the gantry platform makes it look like you are building an actual suit yourself a la Tony Stark :wink1:

???

And placing those WIPs on the gantry platform makes it look like you are building an actual suit yourself a la Tony Stark :wink1:

Haha. I just put that in the detolf to make a Play Arts Kai figure look cool.

Oh, okay.

I would have bought 3 of H AI's faceplates if the mouth mod was done too. Planning to get two Mark VII helmets for Mark IV and VI.

Anyways, hope someone else would do a complete mod. Wish you were doing it. :D

"No eyes till you turn on the lights." Now that sounds cool!

Thanks. I did a quick sculpt with plasticene to see what it could look like with smaller eyes and no mouth gap.

Obviously, it's just a quick job to see what it would look like. I would use Epoxy normally.

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

Haha. I just put that in the detolf to make a Play Arts Kai figure look cool.

Thanks. I did a quick sculpt with plasticene to see what it could look like with smaller eyes and no mouth gap.

Obviously, it's just a quick job to see what it would look like. I would use Epoxy normally.

IMG_4592.jpg

IMG_4593.jpg

Now that's proper.
Eye slits should have been narrower from HT.

Hmmm... Wish I had those skills.

It's just plasticene!
I scraped it off after i took the pics.
But... I then got in my car and went up to work and sculpted them in for real using green stuff putty.
I also sculpted the mask down a bit to cover the mouth gap.
It looks a lot nicer and will suffice till i get a replacement from Hologram AI.

Well i popped into work today first thing and had a go at it.
This is a 20 minute job on the faceplate. It will look better with paint of course.

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_4601.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4602.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4604.jpg

Lookin awesome! Did you close the mouth gap all the way? I think there was a small gap.

Thanks. I have something pretty cool planned for the first images of my first MKVII when it arrives(I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow).
I just need to source some decent gold paint tomorrow so this mask can be finished in time for the pics.

Thanks. I have something pretty cool planned for the first images of my first MKVII when it arrives(I have my fingers crossed for tomorrow).
I just need to source some decent gold paint tomorrow so this mask can be finished in time for the pics.

Oh man, what a tease. Sheesh.

Back