Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL!! Yeah that’s mine. I put the pink eraser on his shoulder :rotfl

Took 2/3 of the mud effect off the boots and about 1/3 of the excess battle damage off the thighs. Looks great now IMO. The rest of the paint job is pretty damn good and has a thick clear coat so no fear of removing the red or gold base coat with the eraser. If yours shows up with the ridiculous excess mud on the boots just do the same.

Did you use a 'Pink Pearl'? Can't find one anywhere here. Only seller on Amazon from U.S but would take a month to arrive.

Got a red eraser which didn't touch the mud, although it looks fine I'd take a small amount off. Quick rub across the chest and it was sparkling.

Amazing! Very pleased, keeping this one!

Iron_Man_Mark_III_Sideshow.jpg
Iron_Man_Mark_III_Sideshow_2.jpg
[
Iron_Man_Mark_III_Sideshow_3.jpg
Iron_Man_Mark_III_Sideshow_4.jpg

I went from not so sure about this piece to can't stop staring at it when I come into my studio. Love the lighting effects with this one.

These came out the factory really dirty. Gave mine a clean & wax...

20180814_215923.jpg

Unlike the 1:2 Bust which had the worst 'battle damage' I've ever seen this was done quite well.

Did you use a 'Pink Pearl'? Can't find one anywhere here. Only seller on Amazon from U.S but would take a month to arrive.

Got a red eraser which didn't touch the mud, although it looks fine I'd take a small amount off. Quick rub across the chest and it was sparkling.

yup used my 5th grader's pink pearl pencil eraser. Not sure about the red eraser you used but the mud on the booths is thick so I had to go at it aggressively to make progress. the black wash on the rest of the armor comes off with less effort. Good Luck!!

Congrats Col!

The mud doesn't bother me in hand so I'm not even going at the statue with the eraser. Love the whole presentation of the statue. The base is perfect and the EX piece is painted very well. I actually wish it had a light up function on its own with the flickering effect. The eyes give off the feel that they could light up on the Iron Monger helmet.

Mine just showed up! It’s an absolute beast of a statue! So happy I got this guy! The feet weren’t bad at all on mine. Not sure if I got lucky or if they are lightening up on the dirt effect after the complaints. Either way not feeling the need to do anything to them. I’m totally happy with how they came out. #265 or something like that just FYI

1b2K3bA.jpg

L3T8Nk7.jpg

pRhVxqe.jpg

I agree with Sarakawa. The heavily weathered boots meeting with a significantly cleaner shin armor would drive me crazier than I already am.
I also notice some pieces with chin armor that is much "golder" and "cleaner" than the gold on the face plate immediately adjacent to it. Not liking that either.

Don't mind me, just some pics I took of mine today :)

Thought I would go for a darker tone since all the other pics have been on the bright side.

MarkIII.jpg

MarkIII2.jpg

MarkIII3-2.jpg

MarkIII4-2.jpg

MarkIII5-2.jpg

MarkIII6-2.jpg

MarkIII7-2.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

Back