Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I hope this piece isn't a clunker as I ordered the exclusive partially with a bunch of points. Done with Sideshow statues if it sucks.

Looks bad.. Hope its just an anomaly piece..

IMO SSC should have given us a clean version anyways.. Actually I am worried that they will release said clean version as a repaint after this is released :(

They did?

Supposedly Sideshow sent out an email to their affiliates, that if they didn't cease promoting custom works etc, their accounts would be cancelled.

And I'm guessing a lot of places probably rely on those funds and accounts etc, so I'm guessing they felt that they had no choice in the matter.

And strictly speaking we all know that small quantity custom works aren't technically legal. It's just that they weren't previously pursued. It's just that the grace period is now over.....

In the 3-4 years I've visited this site, I don't think I've ever gone to the custom pages, but given the reaction I'm guessing they were somewhat popular.

Supposedly Sideshow sent out an email to their affiliates, that if they didn't cease promoting custom works etc, their accounts would be cancelled.

And I'm guessing a lot of places probably rely on those funds and accounts etc, so I'm guessing they felt that they had no choice in the matter.

And strictly speaking we all know that small quantity custom works aren't technically legal. It's just that they weren't previously pursued. It's just that the grace period is now over.....

In the 3-4 years I've visited this site, I don't think I've ever gone to the custom pages, but given the reaction I'm guessing they were somewhat popular.

Hmmm.. Don't know how I feel about this.. Sucks for the fans but I get the issues it creates.. Its just frustrating when its a million dollar company doing the complaining. Kind of like when Metallica went after Napster.

Canceled. After SS closed the Custom section, they aren't getting my $ anymore.

That smells of desperation. Instead of putting out interesting projects, different characters, statues with more switch it out parts and better QC they go after the little guy. Oh well, too little to late. The are dozens of FB group selling better products than SS. Just got a custom Batman head that is better than anything I have seen Sideshow make.

That smells of desperation. Instead of putting out interesting projects, different characters, statues with more switch it out parts and better QC they go after the little guy. Oh well, too little to late. The are dozens of FB group selling better products than SS. Just got a custom Batman head that is better than anything I have seen Sideshow make.
:exactly:

the letter got sent to particular individuals then.

they give out review product etc at times to their affiliates ... im sure its a slap in the face when they are doing such things and you are then promoting illegal custom stuff that is not paying for licensing etc. in which they are playing by the rules and doing so.

As fans we just want cool stuff, but lets not be foolish in thinking that a custom sale doesnt take away from a legal licensed sell to any other Company that is playing by the rules.

its one thing to make your own custom, or make "a few" , but when their is edition sizes of 100 etc and no license then no matter how cool it may be, its still illegal and taking away from someone.

Sideshow prices going up, doesnt that suck? yeah ... well now it appears they are having more costs in protecting their Company with lawyers and fighting against lost sales to customs .... we love to jump and think prices going up are them taking the piss ... but there are lots of things in this new climate that cause costs to go up.

Doesnt mean i like paying for it, ha, but im not oblivious.

the letter got sent to particular individuals then.

they give out review product etc at times to their affiliates ... im sure its a slap in the face when they are doing such things and you are then promoting illegal custom stuff that is not paying for licensing etc. in which they are playing by the rules and doing so.

As fans we just want cool stuff, but lets not be foolish in thinking that a custom sale doesnt take away from a legal licensed sell to any other Company that is playing by the rules.

its one thing to make your own custom, or make "a few" , but when their is edition sizes of 100 etc and no license then no matter how cool it may be, its still illegal and taking away from someone.

Sideshow prices going up, doesnt that suck? yeah ... well now it appears they are having more costs in protecting their Company with lawyers and fighting against lost sales to customs .... we love to jump and think prices going up are them taking the piss ... but there are lots of things in this new climate that cause costs to go up.

Doesnt mean i like paying for it, ha, but im not oblivious.
Eh. I doubt Sideshows cost increases are due to legal fees. I think it's just that they see all their competitors charging more that they realize they too can charge more and people will still buy lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Eh. I doubt Sideshows cost increases are due to legal fees. I think it's just that they see all their competitors charging more that they realize they too can charge more and people will still buy lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I'm sure its a multitude of things. They also spend more on advertising and marketing now. And I'm sure factories dont keep the same prices as they did 10 or even 5 years ago etc. esp when their are now more serious players in the game.

Definitely sucks as a collector. They always market and push for people to be collectors knowing full well collectors are the biggest repeat customers. Would be cool if they got creative in that front and offered some type of tiered discount based upon how much you buy in the year. Any savings is better then none. Tho they may argue that is what the sideshow reward points are for. heh.

I'm sure its a multitude of things. They also spend more on advertising and marketing now. And I'm sure factories dont keep the same prices as they did 10 or even 5 years ago etc. esp when their are now more serious players in the game.

Definitely sucks as a collector. They always market and push for people to be collectors knowing full well collectors are the biggest repeat customers. Would be cool if they got creative in that front and offered some type of tiered discount based upon how much you buy in the year. Any savings is better then none. Tho they may argue that is what the sideshow reward points are for. heh.

Uh yeah lol that’s obviously what they would say, they absolutely do have a “discount system” in place. Whether you personally think it’s enough or not, I guess that’s up to you. But it definitely does exist.

Back