Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I could say I returned statues because I'm too picky but..... I'm not that picky. If it has a light feature chances are it won't be correct. Every sideshow piece I have and or had except 2 had light issues

Paint issues are very commen and to be expected as they are hand painted.

Deep cuts on various parts of the statues is not my fault.

Broken statues are either sideshows fault of the shipping companies fault again not my fault.

Pieces not fitting togeather and not being able to display the statue.... Not my fault.

Getting a broken statue with a note from the previous person who returned the statue.... Again not my fault.

I could keep going but I made my point. I'm ok with minor paint imperfections and variations, I am.not ok with broken pieces and or pieces that don't even fit togeather or have tons of light bleeding issues that you couldn't display the statue with the lights on.

Sideshow has little to no QC at the plants in China and they have no QC in the US. It's a fact.

Edit: just because I refuse to keep a defective statue does not make me a bad person it makes me a smart investor. Why should I pay full price for a defective statue that even if resold wouldn't even sell for half the statue value. Granted I don't resell a lot of statues but still the same principal.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

7 different piece = 7 more areas for QC to fail.

Having more removable pieces makes the statue easier to paint.
Lots of the MKVI had badly painted chins because it was hard to get at that area.

Let's wait until, at least, the first one ships before calling it a disaster hey?...

I wish I could say I returned statues because I'm too picky but..... I'm not that picky. If it has a light feature chances are it won't be correct. Every sideshow piece I have and or had except 2 had light issues

Paint issues are very commen and to be expected as they are hand painted.

Deep cuts on various parts of the statues is not my fault.

Broken statues are either sideshows fault of the shipping companies fault again not my fault.

Pieces not fitting togeather and not being able to display the statue.... Not my fault.

Getting a broken statue with a note from the previous person who returned the statue.... Again not my fault.

I could keep going but I made my point. I'm ok with minor paint imperfections and variations, I am.not ok with broken pieces and or pieces that don't even fit togeather or have tons of light bleeding issues that you couldn't display the statue with the lights on.

Sideshow has little to no QC at the plants in China and they have no QC in the US. It's a fact.

Edit: just because I refuse to keep a defective statue does not make me a bad person it makes me a smart investor. Why should I pay full price for a defective statue that even if resold wouldn't even sell for half the statue value. Granted I don't resell a lot of statues but still the same principal.

I just think u have the worst luck when it comes to these pieces. Over 10 years of collecting and I have only returned one piece due to QC... I did have to break a piece also due to bad paint apps.. TOD Indy.

Sorry you have such hard luck

I just think u have the worst luck when it comes to these pieces. Over 10 years of collecting and I have only returned one piece due to QC... I did have to break a piece also due to bad paint apps.. TOD Indy.

Sorry you have such hard luck

sounds like jumbob has returned nearly every SS piece due to some imperfection or an other. there's more to this than just bad luck IMO

sounds like jumbob has returned nearly every SS piece due to some imperfection or an other. there's more to this than just bad luck IMO
I started with the original Joker PF and have ordered about 15 PF from SS since. Never returned one for issues (though original Superman developed one over the years).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If he has returned every piece for one reason or another I can’t see how it can be more then anything but bad luck. As his experience is the exception not the rule.

If he has returned every piece for one reason or another I can’t see how it can be more then anything but bad luck. As his experience is the exception not the rule.
I've received broken pieces, statues that don't fit togeather, light issues, base issues, paint issues, cuts and scrape's.

Again not my fault. I refuse to keep a statue with mild to major defects. Small paint issues, not a big deal but when a statues arms and legs don't match the rest of the statue in color.. yeah thats going back.

The only statue I kept in the last 5 years + was the mark 7 life size bust. And even that has some issues.

What I've returned.
Galactus x2 ( both came broken and light bleeding issues)

Iron man mark 42 bust x2. Light issues and major chips and paint issues where the he'd didn't match the body.

Iron man mark 7 LSF x3.
Broken leg x1, broken chest x1, horrid paint where the legs didn't match the chest and the piece didn't fit togeather x1.

Thanos on throne x2.
Light bleeding issues with the gauntlet and major paint issues X1. Chair arms didn't fit the chair and hung off. Light issues in the Gauntlet and Thanos back was all ripped up.

That's just a quick snap shot of what I've returned.

I've received broken pieces, statues that don't fit togeather, light issues, base issues, paint issues, cuts and scrape's.

Again not my fault. I refuse to keep a statue with mild to major defects. Small paint issues, not a big deal but when a statues arms and legs don't match the rest of the statue in color.. yeah thats going back.

The only statue I kept in the last 5 years + was the mark 7 life size bust. And even that has some issues.

What I've returned.
Galactus x2 ( both came broken and light bleeding issues)

Iron man mark 42 bust x2. Light issues and major chips and paint issues where the he'd didn't match the body.

Iron man mark 7 LSF x3.
Broken leg x1, broken chest x1, horrid paint where the legs didn't match the chest and the piece didn't fit togeather x1.

Thanos on throne x2.
Light bleeding issues with the gauntlet and major paint issues X1. Chair arms didn't fit the chair and hung off. Light issues in the Gauntlet and Thanos back was all ripped up.

That's just a quick snap shot of what I've returned.

That my friend is bad luck.. I am not denying you claims at all.. Like I said it's the exception not the rule.

With the power of social media that wouldn't be a good idea.

I think you overestimate how many people would be on your side. All you would have to do is honestly tell people how many statues you've returned and they're going to inevitably be skeptical of your judgement/experiences.

I know you don't want to hear that, I know you don't care what anyone else thinks. I get it. But your examples, even if someone takes them as 100% legitimate, aren't going to be taken seriously by most people. There is going to be an inevitable questioning of your judgement on deciding to return statues considering how often you've done it. Think about it; just on this forum you're the guy who is surely known as "the guy who returns everything." So your thoughts on statues are immediately taken with a grain of salt. I've already seen it multiple times. Again, I know you don't care. But it's just going to be an easy thing for people to think. And justifiably so.

While I don't think they will ever "suspend" your account, if your history of returns continues I wouldn't be surprised at all if they send you a personal message suggesting that maybe you don't buy from them anymore. At some point, they're not going to want your business.

I think you're possibly exaggerating how much sideshow cares about this kind of thing. It's not like they're a small retailer. If they didn't think his pieces were defective enough for exchange, they wouldn't agree to the returns. He's just another customer and all cases have to be taken on their own merits.

Although I agree that nobody would give a damn if he complained on social media. This isn't a major conspiracy that anyone would care about

And that makes me wonder: why does he keep buying? Sideshow clearly can't deliver and yet he keeps buying. As for Sideshow - if I had a customer who kept returning products for return, at some point I would simply say "look buddy - we can't satisfy you, why don't you try another company? Please don't order from us anymore""

And that makes me wonder: why does he keep buying? Sideshow clearly can't deliver and yet he keeps buying. As for Sideshow - if I had a customer who kept returning products for return, at some point I would simply say "look buddy - we can't satisfy you, why don't you try another company? Please don't order from us anymore""

That's happened before and the guy was all over SF crying about it.

Back