Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard there was problems, but didn't follow any of it. :dunno

Basically the production paint applications on their recent pieces haven't been all that great.

Most who defend the pieces like to use the phrase normal viewing distance, indicating a distance of like 6 feet away sometimes. Which of course doesn't align with a lot of collectors here at least, especially when you see people complaining about paint on teeth etc on photos taken a few inches away.

I found these photos on facebook a week or so ago, I can't remember the photographer sorry.
A llt of mixed reactions about the paint finish in the comments though.
e77d4ffc506acb4a5038b418ef91e25c.jpg
3c1164e620990a41f38f4f793ed29a54.jpg
ff12a608f069c0cb86b26ed529445f78.jpg
90a484310bf04fc4d4922ed1cb1b2aad.jpg
a51131224e30f76b4d147a7fc72440a9.jpg

Rut Roh Raggy...

Appears brushed, where I'd think it needs to be sprayed to get that smooth metallic look.

Now to keep, or not to keep......?

Might make it easier for me to buy the WW 1/2 scale......:dunno

But I'm not so sure it's just a paint problem, it might also be a casting/molding problem.... the red sections seem to be a rough Polystone surface that has simply been painted over.

Some people have said they think it's battle damage "burn marks" but I just can't see it in the prototype or convention photos. I don't really buy it. If it were intentional I think it would be more evident and executed better on the proto as everything always is. It looks more like a bad reaction between paint/prep surfaces to me, especially when you look at the side of the helmet.

I guess we'll see when people start getting him in hand.

This orange peel texture really concerns me the most.
f1ae9e8ae10944c867996c7b513a56a4.jpg

If it's on purpose, it's ugly and inaccurate (perhaps a ploy to mask any potential production paint flaws). If it's accidental, well... Sideshow.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This orange peel texture really concerns me the most.
f1ae9e8ae10944c867996c7b513a56a4.jpg

If it's on purpose, it's ugly and inaccurate (perhaps a ploy to mask any potential production paint flaws). If it's accidental, well... Sideshow.

If I'm remembering correctly what you just called an orange skin texture was unfortunately quite present on the chest portion of my Mark 42 life size Bust.

If I'm remembering correctly what you just called an orange skin texture was unfortunately quite present on the chest portion of my Mark 42 life size Bust.
Yes, it's been reported a a lot of sideshow's iron man paint I think.

Getting a Smooth paint job takes time and prep work. Something their factory isn't particularly interested in I guess?

I'll punt this and get the 1/4 scale figure if this is the paint job.

(sigh)

Just in case I already preordered both pieces, as we all knew about Sideshows problems with MCU Iron Man pieces.

I just hope that this is just a bad individual piece, and what we get in hand is at least acceptable :pray:

Yes, it's been reported a a lot of sideshow's iron man paint I think.

Getting a Smooth paint job takes time and prep work. Something their factory isn't particularly interested in I guess?

Looks like it.

But the same problem doesn't seem to affect XM or Iron Studios when it came to their 1/4 MCU Iron Man pieces.

those pics are from the proto, let's wait for the final production pics before everyone freaks out. People were losing their minds over the new wolverine lean and the final production piece looks excellent.

It's not the same proto as the website at least, the SS website has a big graze up the cheek.

I do agree though, until people get it in hand this is just potentially just a proto that went awry.
395580da7fa9d6ffa5858fb3214be630.jpg
e4766c04e0b6acebc333d800a38d50e7.jpg

Aww man! That looks crap.

This is my last piece as I just don't see the value anymore.
Charging these prices and sloppy q.c aren't for me.

Fingers crossed...

For real, man. Same here ...I'm waiting to see how the production piece look like before getting the CE.

QC will need to be spot on.

Looks awful. I don’t have much hope on QC from sideshow these days. However we can only wait and see right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back