Iron Giant Figure by Mondo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, now I'm glad I didn't pay for one. If you gave Mondo your trust and money, you have my sympathies and I hope this thing kicks ass when it arrives.

Annnnnd thats why I didn't pre-order. Expectations will run high when it finally ships. Probably too high for them to meet.

I can't wait to see the final product.

Based on the quality of what is available on the market and prices for those items, this was an easy pre-order for me.

If he can stand on his own he would already be better than my threea Master Chief. :)

Looking forward to this.

Im sorry for your loss. To me its not even worth putting in the effort to get excited about something that is delayed to the point of being a 3A product. So I'm doing my best to just forget I even preordered it.

It's not a loss. It's my favorite animated movie, I think it looks really cool. I don't need stuff NOW. I can wait. It will still be cool in 3, 6, 10 months from now. It's not like I need this to survive. I'm just really looking forward to it. It would be nice if Mondo were better at telling us where they are with the project now, a status report once in a while.
This is probably my most anticipated figure, and I just want it to be right, rather than rushed.

Still tempted by this one and agreed, jesper, that there is no rush. Looking forward to how it turns out. If it's as nice as the proto, I probably will break down and buy it.

I'm fine with them taking time to get it right although communications could be much better. What I am not cool with is the fact I paid up front with no consideration to that. As usual their ordering process was jacked up and I didn't even get the exclusive then a couple of days later they make it a available to preorder other places like Sideshow where I could have paid when it came in stock. I've got the money it's more the principle of them sitting on my cash for over a year with nothing to show for it and the fact that all of this was and continues to be poorly communicated. Having a great product will only carry a company so far until poor customer service takes a toll.

I am willing to give Mondo a chance because it is one of their first major figure productions. It is an important license to them and a movie close to the company's heart. I trust they will make good on the product. I don't expect the figure to be perfect but I expect it to deliver what they promise. 3A and Hot Toys have had years of practice and they still release crap to their customers on occasion. It is harder to let industry leaders get away with shoddy products. I still wish Mondo had acquired the rights to let the Iron Giant figure say "Superman". That would have been awesome.

Update from Mondo:

Hello,

We are thrilled to inform you that the Iron Giant Deluxe Figure is on its way to completion and is expected to land in our warehouse in March! As soon as he arrives, all hands will be on deck to begin fulfilling orders. Though we regret the continued delay with this figure, we are excited to say that the final outcome is beyond what we imagined. We received a sample figure this week and are truly blown away by the quality, articulation and overall feel of the figure. Once again, we sincerely appreciate your continued patience and support.

When we begin fulfilling orders in March, you can expect to receive a shipping notification with tracking number. If you have moved since placing your order, please contact us to update your address to ensure your figure arrives to you safely.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out!

All the best,

MONDO

Am I the only one being bugged by this? I know it is a tactic to create excitement for their products but a company saying that they are blown away by their own product? "The quality, articulation and overall feel of the figure" are expected when they are making the figure. It just sounds like they don't what they are doing and are surprised that they actually made something good.........
Now I'm worried.

I am willing to give Mondo a chance because it is one of their first major figure productions. It is an important license to them and a movie close to the company's heart. I trust they will make good on the product. I don't expect the figure to be perfect but I expect it to deliver what they promise. 3A and Hot Toys have had years of practice and they still release crap to their customers on occasion. It is harder to let industry leaders get away with shoddy products. I still wish Mondo had acquired the rights to let the Iron Giant figure say "Superman". That would have been awesome.

I wholeheartedly agree. Still, I think their costumer service is one of the worst (I'm trying to think of worse, who haven't been 100% frauds...) I have ever experienced. Mondo is a cool company, they have a lot of cool products. I love what they do. But would it kill them to answer a mail? Or send out more updates? They have had our money for a looong time now. We kinda banked on them, gave them 300 USD (I think it was) and hoped to see a product. It would be REALLY cool if they rewarded us for that, in some small way.

I'm sure they make an excellent Iron Giant, cause they love this character as much as we do. I have no fear. But I trusted them. I haven't complained (well, about the shipping cost, yes, but not about the time), but communication could have been better.

Back