International shipping charges - Sideshow wants to know!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow shipping charges are joke, shipping cost to Czech republic for one 12" figure is more expensive than figure :banghead

I know, I know :rolleyes:

But if anything is wrong, they have a kickass CS :D

:chew

charlie_k said:
Sideshow shipping charges are joke, shipping cost to Czech republic for one 12" figure is more expensive than figure :banghead

this post is a joke

I am also paying around 50 $ for shipping to Turkey but....

if you buy the 12" figure from another internet store and request them to send you with USPS, in this case you would pay 40 $ but unfortunately, internet stores can not sell you the exclusive item but regular.

besides, SS ships with fedex and arrives in 4-5 days to Istanbul to my door. When shipped with USPS, sometimes it takes like 13 days to arrive and mostly they do not bring to your house but you have to go to post office, which in a such big metropolitan like Istanbul takes 2-3 hours depending on the traffic.

Sideshow rules and I am very happy to pay 50 $ for a 12" figure for the best service in this world.

Being new i thought id breathe some life into this topic as it seems nothing has changed in regards to getting around expensive shipping costs to Aus and numerous other countries.

I have just received my first order from Sideshow and i must say i received excellent service from Alexandra C in their Customer Service Section.:)

I bought Lurtz PF which cost 345 USD with shipping costs of USD 147 which brought the sale to just over 550 AUD.

Now this is still a great deal better than buying it over here as it generally sells for 800 AUD with the cheapest ive seen at 750.

With limited chance of finding it on Ebay AUS and still having the problem of shipping charges from Ebay Int SS still seems to be the best way in some cases.

Certain items are cheaper over here when taking into consideration mail costs but i wish there was some sought of answer-deal that could be worked for people who happen to live outside the US.;)

I will continue to buy stuff but will just have to be in go slow mode compared to a lot of u guys if my bank balance is to survive.

Anyway hope i didnt come across as being to negative cause i really am looking forward to being part of the collectible family.:D

EU Warehouse is based in the UK

UK shipping for a 12" is $20 ish

Maybe an Eastern based warehouse is needed dunno (but thats expensive for SSC)

Im guessing getting Medicom figures at the right postal and retail price is less of an issue for Australia ? With Medi based in the East ?

EU Warehouse is based in the UK

UK shipping for a 12" is $20 ish

Maybe an Eastern based warehouse is needed dunno (but thats expensive for SSC)

Im guessing getting Medicom figures at the right postal and retail price is less of an issue for Australia ? With Medi based in the East ?

Yeah i know Mooncat that the EU Warehouse is in the UK and i wouldnt know about Medicom so maybe someone else can help u with that. ;)

I'm not saying we're the only ones with expensive shipping costs and i know SS is somewhat at the mercy of FedEx etc but just throwing it out there as it seems it was discussed plenty previously with no real suggestions,answers.

Maybe theres no way around it and thats fine as it is just a small inconvenience when looked at in the big picture.:)

Last edited:
For guys like myself in the Australia or the Oceania region - would it be possible for SSC to ship from where they manufacture (China), rather than having product sent to the US warehouse from Asia, then being sent to Australia?. Perhaps with limited/exclusive/heavy items only?

I'm guessing there's no infrastructure in place to process orders that way, since SS is in Calif and they have to wait for their shipments to arrive in order to process them according to orders,(?) but I think China - AU would be cheaper postage, if there was a means to do it that way.

Get this from one of my invoices:

Sub Total: $54.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $75.85
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $130.84

For Exclusive Pricess Leia For ++++s Sake and that's USD!

I just think of how much more cool stuff I could buy from SS if it wasnt for such high freight cost.

Something has to be done :lol

Back