International shipping charges - Sideshow wants to know!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: shipping costs

Hey Big Al,

Yeah, you have to add on V.A.T (17.5%) plus Customs (% variable) plus Postal Handling fees (up to £15!!)

Also, since i'm in the UK, and that is the location of the European Warehouse, why do i have to pay V.A.T ??? >: I hope they sort that out (tho not likely to happen).

:(

HI Al

Larger items like morgul lord will have UK shipping at around $46, I was quoted this figure by SS so add the item and shipping together then add 17.5% for tax, that is your UK total, anyone outside the UK will pay customs on top. As the EU warehouse is in the UK.

babyd

That's not really true, the UK is a schengen-country, as is most of europe, so in those countries you will not have to pay additional taxes. My shipping quote for the Morgul Lord and Sauron is only 25 dollars btw, but I doubt that will be correct if the UK is 46 already.......

shipping costs

Jthanks for the input, really helped me out, but means iv gotta put about an extra £20 away each month to pay for them!
E mailed Sideshow, they said The total should come out to something like US $370.95. for gandalf on Shadowfax,
$300. for the statue, $52.50 VAT (17.5%), and $18.45 shipping. Not too bad i suppose, but still $50 more than i had bargained for, and its still about £80 cheaper thatn all other dealers selling him.
Thanks again all, ill stop tying up this thread now. x
:b

taxes

I am in the UK and order from the EU warehouse

I ALWAYS have to pay 17.5% on top of any total it is for sales tax not customs. This is clearly stated on the SS site too. They will always charge this to the UK buyers.

I was quoted $47 for GFAX, MLord and Sauron. By SS themselves. From EU warehouse to UK.

babyd

Re: taxes

They charge the 17,5% for every item that comes from the EU warehouse, it's the UK VAT which I think has to be added for them to be able to have that warehouse there at all. Well, at least you know the bloody customsagents won't be ripping the packages open and placing the statues back the wrong way (and for me in the Netherlands 17,5% VAT is still 1.5% less than the dutch VAT percentage......

Re: taxes

Sorry, Sorry!,

i wrongly stated you will be charged customs fee, this is only the case if ordering from the US warehouse. you won't be charged a custom fee for items you buy within Europe.

:)

SS

IF ONLY SS would make an easier system, with all these different shipping charges for different items, I can't keep up !! Sales tax from EU warehouse, Customs from US warehouse !
Flippin' 'eck !!!

My head hurts !!

lol

babyd

Malaysia

SS, I am from Malaysia.

Pls negotiate with Fedex as well to lower the charges to Malaysia. A Sauron shipping quote to M'sia is USD160 !!! That is only for one piece. If 2, I'll be knocked dead.

Cheers. Keep up the good work.

I have posted my ideas, in the same thread, in the General section. I am from Melbourne Australia. I would just like to add that it may be time for a Australasian warehouse. Oh yeah, how sweet it would be. :rock

Re: Malaysia

hey glamdring. I'm in Singapore. there is an official local distributor here in Singapore that goes by the name of Simply Toys. whenever SSW has anything to release, they will take pre-orders for the statues/busts. I've already pre-ordered my Sauron statue with them a few months ago and I only paid SG$450 or about US$265. I know they're willing to ship to overseas customers. they're doing it now for a collector in The Philippines. plus the staff are reliable and friendly so you wouldn't have any problems. here's the email addy: [email protected]. :)

I agree that SSW should have a warehouse in the Asia-Pacific region. an ideal location would be Singapore or Australia. :)

Shipping from the EU warehouse

A few days ago I received the "You Shall not Pass" wall plaque. Shipping costs: $25,89 + VAT. Yesterday I received another shipping confirmation rom the European warehouse.

I keep wondering why when two (or more) shipments are so close to one another, they don't just combine them to save the customer on shipping.

Philippines? That would be me:) Simply Toys are great. I have preorders of many pieces

Got my Fell Beast Last month at about RETAIL price 150$us from the Hong Kong distributor Vernesco!!

I just emailed the Hong Kong dealer Andy Chung on the deal and Shipping to Philippines was 35$us

The Fell beast came in one piece but it looked like one of the fins have been dhipped and glued back :(

I emailed him about the issue and Andy never returned my emails. Kinda rude i think.

the chip was very minor so i dont mind.

Hi everyone.:wave :wave I haven't been around recently due to work and family commitments. But it's great to be back finally.

Anyway if shipping costs could be reduced to Australia then that would be awesome especially as like a lot of others here in Oz I have a lot of larger items on order.

As someone who has around 30 statues (the majority of which were purchased direct from SSW), the killer for me has always been the postage. These statues have cost me on average more than double the price than someone from the US.

A good example is the Balrog which cost me around AU$800 and was ordered directly from SSW.

As I have most of the ROTK lineup on order including Gandalf/Shadowfax, Sauron and the Morgul Lord I dread to think how much these statues are going to end up costing me when postage is taken into account and I realistically may have to cancel some of my orders and try to find somewhere local to purchase them instead.

The problem however is that by ordering from elsewhere I run the risk of missing out altogether on the statues I really want. I have already suffered this experience the hard way when I missed out on my Aragorn statue because the local distributer failed to secure their order for me. Even though they had my order for around 6 months. I am currently waiting for my beserker statue from the same company and fingers crossed I dont get messed around again. I know other people here on the board also have orders with this company so fingers crossed we end up receiving our orders.

I even contacted SSW direct to try and purchase their last Aragorn statue from the UK Warehouse and was told that items in the UK were for European customers only and that the US warehouse was for US customers only?????? I live in Australia????? Why should I have been limited to only purchasing from America and not the UK when I live overseas in Australia and will have to import the statues into the country anyway?????Go figure?????? (End Rant)

Anyway an Australian warehouse would be awesome as it would solve a lot of the problems that myself and a lot of other Aussies have suffered and may in fact be the only way I can realistically continue to order products from SSW.

30 statues x on average AU$350 = AU$10,500.

This is a very rough figure but it gives you some idea of the sort of money involved. I love these statues but realistically may have to stop collecting them as the price once postage and the exchange rate not to mention import duties are all taken into account is getting to the point of being too ridiculous to continue this obsession, epecially as the prices of the staues themselves have all risen and a lot of larger/heavier pieces are coming out.

Come on SSW help us overseas collectors out.

Personally, I've received quite a few 'double boxed' SS items...

I.e, last week I received one big cardboard box from SS with Legolas and Haradhrim statues and boxes inside.

I thought this was great as they are obviously using their brain and seeing that I have many items on order and rather than send them out one at a time they are combining them...

UNTIL I looked at the invoice, they may have boxed them up together but they still charged me 2 x shipping fees...

Hows that work...?

I feel Really bad SS doesnt send anything to Mexico that is very bad i can get naything only from a retailer that can ship to Mexico, that is a big problem.

That sucks Dwimmer!!!

They can ship to all over the world, but not MExico. :dunno

I am also from Australia. Unfortunately I just had to cancel an order from Sideshow.com becaues postage for the 2 buffy figures + stone dungeon base cost more than the items themselves. The postage was something like 180 Australian dollars (around 130 U.S.) whereas the exclusive buffy :( and the exclusive master :( + stone base = $100.

That's why I'm reluctant to buy from sideshow.com, though I'd prefer to, because I've been getting much better shipping rates from sellers outside, e.g. on ebay. For the moment I'm just going to stick to pre-ordering items on sideshow.com and only the 1/4 which are more expensive and thus more economical relative to postage.

As other people have mentioned in this thread, there are numerous stores that sell sideshow goods, but at hugely inflated prices, even after taking into account the postage.

If sideshow was able to somehow get a cheaper deal, then I'd be definitely ordering much more from their website as I'm sure other Australians would, so it would definitely be in their interests to pursue this.

--Peter

Back