Statue Re SS Email: Important Collecting Update for Canadian Customers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are now charging "duty" of 6.5% across the board on top of the taxes (13% here in Ontario) you already pay.

it really sucks ass, but I think we are stuck with it.

they are now charging "duty" of 6.5% across the board on top of the taxes (13% here in Ontario) you already pay.

it really sucks ass, but I think we are stuck with it.

Which again is why Sideshow needs to mark the discounted price on the retail value declaration form when we use promo or reward points. Completely idiotic that they don't already do that. Again, if I buy a hundred dollar shirt and it goes on sale half off, the store I buy from ALWAYS writes the sale price value on the declaration form. Sideshow needs to do this. I have $80 in reward points but I'm not buying anything until I know Sideshow will mark the value I pay for the item... they're the only business that doesn't do this and it's very strange when they know how gouged we all are that don't live in the US. It would only help their business but we'll see if they do this or not

Which again is why Sideshow needs to mark the discounted price on the retail value declaration form when we use promo or reward points. Completely idiotic that they don't already do that. Again, if I buy a hundred dollar shirt and it goes on sale half off, the store I buy from ALWAYS writes the sale price value on the declaration form. Sideshow needs to do this. I have $80 in reward points but I'm not buying anything until I know Sideshow will mark the value I pay for the item... they're the only business that doesn't do this and it's very strange when they know how gouged we all are that don't live in the US. It would only help their business but we'll see if they do this or not

Maybe because they can't?

Of course they can Ink. EVERY retail company declares the discounted price on merchandise that is discounted. Google it... maybe they don't know that they can and should

As posted on Statue Forum (sorry mods for cross-posting - but this is quite important) . . .

Statue forum/VS1976 said:
. . . I spoke with a Sideshow Rep today and apparently they have fought CBSA to not use the harmonized code that charges the additional 6.5% tariff tax. It is unfortunate out of there hand. They asked me to contact my fedex broker.

I wrote 2 emails to CBSA stipulating that they can not impose this tariff tax because (1) no competitors making these type of collectibles (2) these statues uses mixed material such as cloth, metal, pvc, batteries, movable and switchable parts and it needs to be assembled like a Leco, therefore it's not a true statuette class. I also emphasis these are adult toys and if they impose the new harmonized code, then they have to do it with toys such as Barbie & action figures such as Transformers. However the email I got back is they will not reply back up to 10 days from now.

Now since I have a Fedex account and I encourage every Canadian consumers to set up a free account. The VAT Rod $10 handling fee are waived always so it's an incentive to have an account with them. I'd spoke with a FedEx agent(s) and this is what you need to do once they give you a direct FedEx broker email so they can follow up with your concern and deal with CBSA.

1) provide our account number & phone number.
2) write the harmonized code 3926.40.000
3) specific issue why they shouldn't use that code as I listed above.
4) use the suggested code 9503.00.000 or 9825.30.000 etc.

Now what they will do for you (which is better then nothing), once ssc gives you the tracking number, contact your FedEx broker and ask them what is the harmonized code. If it's 3926.40.000 then immediately file a complaint that they should not use it. They will immediately investigate and put the right HC code. The reason why you need to do this is because you don't see the invoice until they charge your credit card. This wouldn't be for 3 weeks or so.

Now I'm waiting back to hear from CBSA but they need to remove the impose HC that they have on sideshow.

Also - not sure if it helps (not the same thing but IS related to import duty) - I signed THIS as well (emailed by eBay yesterday) . . . https://www.ebaymainstreet.com/peti...ernment-increase-canadas-de-minimis-threshold

I guess I'll just have to stop ordering from SS unless the EX is a must. I'll use up all my points once they're all unlocked and then just stick to Canadian sellers. Does anybody know of any Canadian sellers who sell PF's? The only one I know is Toy Square/Toys 2.

Toys2 doesn't get every one though. I'm not sure what determines their selection, if it's Sideshow's call or just Toys2 choosing not to offer some.

ToysonFire.ca sells PFs. I've never purchased anything big from their website though so I can't speak for that. They even sell EXs, but they mark them up a lot.

The only other vendor I know offhand is a store in Montreal that doesn't do web sales.

For me, unless I've missed something in the math, this 6.5% is about $50 extra on a PF. Sideshow is still the most convenient for me so I'm willing to stick with them.

Back