Infamous Second Son (PS4)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This actually surprised me.
Picked it up the other day to shear boredom and I'm enjoying it. Going to play it in small bites so I don't get bored of it.
Beautiful looking game mind.

Here's what I miss from this game:

New reports/broadcasts - really kept the tension high in the second game, but kept the story moving in the first. This game has no tension.

Please tell me we are gonna get more than two DUP variants?

On my 4th section and already sick of the missions: secret agent - its literally the same mission every time - zero variation.

This game is quite a step backward from 2. You have more than likely seen all there is to see. Fortunately I can sell this and only lose about £8.00.

This game is quite a step backward from 2. You have more than likely seen all there is to see. Fortunately I can sell this and only lose about £8.00.

Bummer, yeah - they really seemed to put their main focus in the graphics and forgot about the rest.......sound like a hater, but only cause I hate the changes! I have yet to come across news reports, the game has lost its sense of tension of any kind.....

I hated the repetitiveness of the 1st Infamous so i never played the second. Has this at least been improved? I may pick it up tomorrow

Running around with superpowers was the only thing i liked about the first game and that got boring on its own

Honestly, I really enjoyed the grind of Infamous 1, and thought Infamous 2 was really well done.

Let me describe Infamous Second Son: go to area controlled by DUP, complete 5 or so side missions, 1 main mission, move on to the next section, do the SAME EXACT side missions, a similar main mission, repeat....

Honestly its so boring, i am not sure I am going to be able to finish it. Easily worst game in the series. The metcritic average of 80 is very generous. I would rate it a 5/10

Wait for used copies to hit - they are gonna hit big time...no way most people find this game exciting? No way....its completely a MEH experience

I think (hope) I've only scratched the surface of the game, but it has been an extremely shallow experience thus far. The graphics are beautiful and the gameplay can be exhilarating, but the story and characters are paper-thin. It's pretty much just a sandbox superhero game that throws periodic batches of generic baddies at you to dispense, with some obligatory story sprinkled in. Almost as if Suckerpunch was so eager to show what their IP could look and play like on PS4 that they forgot to add substance.

Yeah, either they got caught up in the look of the game, or they just are tired of it......from a tech standpoint, its an incredible game....but for such a large play area, there is so little to do

Oh dear, now i dont knw what to do. I suppose with the lack of content im gonna buy this anyway. I thought WatchDogs was out this month too. Not trying to open that can of worms though

OK, I will say that the section involving power number 2 (being vague as to not spoil) has breathed some new life in this game for me...I was actually having fun for that whole part, and glad you can switch between powers - thought someone said that was not an option.

But getting through that whole first section before meeting your second conduit was a real CHORE.....

I am hoping that the game continues on its more interesting trend!

I will be booting this up tonight so I will report back with my thoughts asap. I hope I enjoy it, this is one of my favorite series currently.

You get one more power, its ok. Sounds like u have 3, maybe 4 story missions left. It's times like this when I really have to wonder if reviewers get paid off. Destructoid gave this a 9.5/10. I mean seriously? This game should have a metacritic score of 65 at best.

ASH: yeah, I tend to agree....I would have praised the pretty factor, but definitely would have let them know you get the same 5 side missions over and over...

To me, the game seemed rushed out for march ... like if they had more time, things would be less repetitive and the story more fleshed out. But like most have said, graphics are very well done.not a bad game IMO, just cut short of what could have been better.

Btw, Anyone want a collectors edition for retail?

Took me a week to beat the story mode on "hero" the first go-thru. Really enjoyed it! Yeah the side-missions are repetitive and not that interesting, but people seem to forget they are optional.

Dumb question, but once you beat the game and return to the city - does the weather forever remain late-afternoon? I miss the night lights and the daytime rain!

I found this game really boring. The gameplay is so repeditive. After playing titanfall this game just seems so dull. Also The fact that you can't freeroam without getting shot by the dup spoils the game. Went back to the gamestore and traded it back for metal gear.

i am gonna force myself to finish this - once I completed the first main island/section with all those repetitive as hell side missions and got the 2nd power, the game seemed to have more energy at that point

Back