Indy Legendary Scale? Probably not anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy Legendary Scale? Looks like it!

That 1/4 scale sculpt is amazing.

But did Sideshow really use that same material for the jacket they did on the 1/6th scale?

That 1/4 scale sculpt is amazing.

But did Sideshow really use that same material for the jacket they did on the 1/6th scale?

better i would say.. :) 1/4 KOTCS jacket are really thick and nice..
1/4 ROTLA jackets however get torns easily after time...

12copy.jpg

as you can see in pic above, my indi ROTLA jacket got torn near the wrist.. i bought it brand new from someone who has kept it in a room for over a year.., when i touch the jacket, it torn by itself easily...

and so i console myself, "cool, torn jacket... more realistic now.. " :slap

better i would say.. :) 1/4 KOTCS jacket are really thick and nice..
1/4 ROTLA jackets however get torns easily after time...

12copy.jpg

as you can see in pic above, my indi ROTLA jacket got torn near the wrist.. i bought it brand new from someone who has kept it in a room for over a year.., when i touch the jacket, it torn by itself easily...

That is because of the adhesive they used in the cuffs.

I like the torn cuff look actually.

But that sucks it should even be an issue!

I like the torn cuff look actually.

But that sucks it should even be an issue!

yeah, i think there are some people who post about the torn jacket as well.. hopefully the upcoming indi PF (last crusade) or anykind of PF wont have this problem..

especially the legendary scale indi..

Sideshow made mention of an Indy LSF on Facebook, buried in the Wolf Predator LSF comments. I guess he really is coming. I better start saving now.

It's a shame that this looks like it will have sculpted boots and hat. After what Hot Toys achieved with the boots on their DX it seems a bit backward to not follow their lead.

I haven't ever seen the cinemaquette Indy in person, but in photos the gear looked pretty good, would be nice if this was a more sophisticated version of a cinemaquette - ie. better likeness.
Do the other LSF's have glass eyes or do they have those painted dead eyes like the cinemaquettes?

i can honestly say at this point...screw ss and their lsf line.

I got the 1st Indy PF, I wasn't blown away. Out of all the Indy/Ford stuff made, I still think no one got him right. As for Legenday Scale, I'm not buying any of these. Too much money.

I got the 1st Indy PF, I wasn't blown away. Out of all the Indy/Ford stuff made, I still think no one got him right. As for Legenday Scale, I'm not buying any of these. Too much money.

If the the ROTLA PF had a nice paint job, and Sideshow had paid attention to the details of the outfit/accessories (at least the color!) it would have been absolutely perfect, imo. I'm hoping Sideshow offers all of the above with the LSF, but then there's the matter of price...

I don't think the price can be debated anymore. Given the fact that the others have come in at $2,000, it's safe to say this will be the same price. I'm torn. Every bit of logic and practical sense in me says you're crazy to spend that kind of money....yet it's Indiana Jones. I'd prefer Sideshow make another PF than to do this piece.

I don't think the price can be debated anymore. Given the fact that the others have come in at $2,000, it's safe to say this will be the same price. I'm torn. Every bit of logic and practical sense in me says you're crazy to spend that kind of money....yet it's Indiana Jones. I'd prefer Sideshow make another PF than to do this piece.

We need TLC Indy PF to complete the set of 4 Indy's. One from each film. A Henry Sr. PF to go with him would be great too! :pray:

SSC's will have this higher than 2000, I guarantee. If it is a solid sculpt like the PF's, I could see this at 2500.

SSC's will have this higher than 2000, I guarantee. If it is a solid sculpt like the PF's, I could see this at 2500.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to increase the price. If they do, I'm definitely out. I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, however to increase the price on a piece from a license that clearly isn't as popular as SW, Marvel, or Predator, and you hear the complaints from collectors at the $2,000 price range on those pieces.

Personally they should have started out at $1,200 or $1,500. They aren't giving us any wiggle room, and future pieces are only going to go up.

Honestly, I wouldn't put it past them to increase the price. If they do, I'm definitely out. I think they'd be shooting themselves in the foot, however to increase the price on a piece from a license that clearly isn't as popular as SW, Marvel, or Predator, and you hear the complaints from collectors at the $2,000 price range on those pieces.

Personally they should have started out at $1,200 or $1,500. They aren't giving us any wiggle room, and future pieces are only going to go up.

:exactly: I always said, come on, these are not 1:1 and the initial price point should have been 1,000, as that is 3 times a PF that is 1:4scale and is almost double a 1:1 LSB. Keep it in the majority's ballpark. But they made it so expensive, they likely will sell very few. I can only find 1 youtube clip of a 1:2 Iron Man, yet almost every LSB or PF has many clips for each piece. I honestly don't know how many $$$ they have in producing them, but I am sure they would still turn a profit at 1,000-1,200 and have exclusive with an additional head for 1,500. But keep it 500 below 2k. 2k is getting into the territory of fine art paintings.

Still waiting for that one from LC with Indy on the horse.

Still waiting for that one from LC with Indy on the horse.

As am I. Sneak peaked five months ago and nothing since. And I think it's a Raiders piece and not from TLC.

We need TLC Indy PF to complete the set of 4 Indy's. One from each film. A Henry Sr. PF to go with him would be great too! :pray:

It would be nice to have 2 from each film, as well. Can't imagine what else SS would do after a TLC Indy is made.
RotLA- Marion
ToD- Mola Ram
TLC- Mr. Sean Connery
KotCS- Mutt? :slap Irina Spalko would be less annoying.

That would be 2 allies and 2 enemies.

As am I. Sneak peaked five months ago and nothing since. And I think it's a Raiders piece and not from TLC.
ahh.. but the carpet underneath the saddle is likely from TLC than Raiders, or I think so. Also considering that SS haven't been releasing statues/figures from TLC other than Henry Jones, Sr.

It would be nice to have 2 from each film, as well. Can't imagine what else SS would do after a TLC Indy is made.
RotLA- Marion
ToD- Mola Ram
TLC- Mr. Sean Connery
KotCS- Mutt? :slap Irina Spalko would be less annoying.

That would be 2 allies and 2 enemies.

Hopefully not Mutt. I'd hate to have to buy a statue of Shia LaBeauf just because I have an Indy addiction.

On the most wanted list in Premium Figures:
Raiders: Marion, Belloq (in ceremonial dress w/ark), Indy (Well Souls)
Temple: Short Round
Last Crusade: Henry Jones, Sr, Sallah (sporting a nicer outfit than Raiders Sallah), Colonel Vogel
Crystal Skull: Nothing.

Back