Indy KOTCS DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I just got a Blu-Ray player today. Rented a few Blu-Rays from Blockbuster (Cars, the Shining, and Transformers to get a good variety) to check them out. I popped in my DVD of Iron Man and can't believe the Shining actually looks clearer than Iron Man. Blu-Ray is definately the way to go for me now.

So the problem. I want the Best Buy Crystal Skull set, but only Canada is getting it with Blu-Ray right? Am I able to order from Best Buy Canada or would I have to beg and plead with a fellow Canadian member here? Maybe work out a trade of DVD for Blu-Ray?

You need to see the TDK Bank Robbery sequence in Blu-ray and true 1080p. You'd change your tune in a heartbeat.

Love it. Especially when Joker's mug is filling up the screen. I saw details that I never noticed, even at the IMAX viewing.

I guess I'll have to do with regular BR release of Indy. Shame that it won't come with the skull :(

Love it. Especially when Joker's mug is filling up the screen. I saw details that I never noticed, even at the IMAX viewing.

:lecture Absolutely the case. Even more clarity than in the theater. It's scary... you can see every single pore on his face and the detail of the scars and make-up.

So, I just got a Blu-Ray player today. Rented a few Blu-Rays from Blockbuster (Cars, the Shining, and Transformers to get a good variety) to check them out. I popped in my DVD of Iron Man and can't believe the Shining actually looks clearer than Iron Man. Blu-Ray is definately the way to go for me now.

So the problem. I want the Best Buy Crystal Skull set, but only Canada is getting it with Blu-Ray right? Am I able to order from Best Buy Canada or would I have to beg and plead with a fellow Canadian member here? Maybe work out a trade of DVD for Blu-Ray?

Welcome to Blu-ray, my friend. :D:joy

You need to see the TDK Bank Robbery sequence in Blu-ray and true 1080p. You'd change your tune in a heartbeat.

I've seen it. But I have zero desire to buy all my movies all over again just for them too look pretty. Im fine. Besides, I still think DVD looks good enough. I watched some scenes from Iron Man at my Wal-Mart, looked great, but im perfectly contented with mine.

I'll stop buying DVD's when they stop making them.

I tried ordering through bb.ca, munch...to no avail. Looks like it's a no go.

And thanks, Irish. I love the cases :)

I've seen it. But I have zero desire to buy all my movies all over again just for them too look pretty. Im fine. Besides, I still think DVD looks good enough. I watched some scenes from Iron Man at my Wal-Mart, looked great, but im perfectly contented with mine.

Who says you have to buy ALL of them over again? Blu-ray players are backwards-compatible with DVDs.

They also cost too much. I just dont want them. I dont have money to buy a new TV.....its just not worth it to me.

I dunno....you guys all come off a smug to me, and all the other DVD owners.

Its funny. Yes, Blu Ray looks amazing. Great sound, and all that. But its not for everyone. Some people dont need all that to watch a movie. All I need is a decent picture, and nice sound. Heck, I even watch VHS' from time to time....

It's not about being "smug"... it's about wanting the best possible picture/sound and the closest cinematic experience possible to what the filmmakers intended. If you're happy with DVD, great. Nothing wrong with that. Just don't write off fans of the HD experience.

I suppose I was "smug" back in '97 when I jumped on DVD and left VHS in the dust. :lol

I will say this, though: DVD is still much better as a format than VHS ever was.

I dunno....you guys all come off a smug to me, and all the other DVD owners.

Its funny. Yes, Blu Ray looks amazing. Great sound, and all that. But its not for everyone. Some people dont need all that to watch a movie. All I need is a decent picture, and nice sound. Heck, I even watch VHS' from time to time....

I don't believe anyone here is demeaning the format or the owners. In fact, I'm sure all BR owners have their fair share of DVDs which they are still getting plenty of entertainment out of. I certainly enjoy my collection, but I'm also glad to see the technology progressing.

I don't believe anyone here is demeaning the format or the owners. In fact, I'm sure all BR owners have their fair share of DVDs which they are still getting plenty of entertainment out of. I certainly enjoy my collection, but I'm also glad to see the technology progressing.

I still own more than 2,000 DVDs, so I think it's safe to say I don't hate the format. :lol

For the record, I am not re-purchasing all of those in HD. Not even close. I'll double-dip on classics and my personal faves, which is about 10-20% of that total I suppose. And of course I'm picking up new releases in Blu-ray.

Heck, you know what bothers me more than re-buying a movie I have on DVD in Blu-ray? Re-buying one I had on HD DVD. :banghead At least that was only a dozen or so, though.

For the record, I am not re-purchasing all of those in HD. Not even close. I'll double-dip on classics and my personal faves, which is about 10% of that total I suppose. And of course all new releases I'm picking up in Blu-ray.

Exactly. It's always satisfying to crack open a classic in BR quality and pop it into the player. It breathes new life into the film and the experience as a whole. Makes it that much more enjoyable, for me at least.

Back