Indy KOTCS DVD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of the best commentaries around are the John Carpenter ones with Kurt Russell. They are informative, entertaining and often LOL hilarious. I particularly recommend BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA and THE THING (I lose it every time Russell laughs at the crazy creature FX).

Yeah! I love The Thing's commentary.

Love it when Palmer says "You gotta be ^^^^in kidding"

Russel loses it. Its awesome.

The Things commentary is the absolute best! It's like Russell and Carpenter are kicking back, having a few drinks and watching the movie with you.

Also Conan the Barbarian is great. Landis sounds stoned and Arnold sounds like, well, Arnold.

Really wish Spielberg and Nolan would do commentaries.

Got mine via purolater from Best Buy here in Canada. I had no idea purolater sucks so bad. The tried to deliver Tues and they send to another city if it can't be delivered.
27 km away. But happy ending I have mine and the skull is awesome. It is very heavy and very detailed. Very impressed.

The Kevin Smith commentaries are really fun too!
And don't miss the Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright ones either!

My favorite commentary is the one on Spinal Tap. Michael McKean, Harry Shearer, and Christopher Guest provide a commentary in character. They do it in character and talk about how the movie was a hatchet job and only showed the bad stuff from their tour. It is hilarious and makes watching the film with the commentary almost like watching a different movie.

Evil Dead II is the best commentary, hands down.

That one and the "King's" commentary from Bubba Ho-Tep are my two favorites. The latter is in no way informative, but damn it's funny to hear Campbell stay in character and improv through the whole thing.

Spielberg is just one of the handful of filmmakers who are against Audio Commentaries.....

Personally, I'm a commentary geek myself. I love them. But I also understand and respect Spielberg and other filmmakers' artistic right to decline doing them.

I enjoy them too but...I wish that some folks would wait awhile or update thier commentaries with subsequent releases of their movies.

On the SW commentaries...I wish that there were separate tracks for diifferent people...example, Carrie Fisher has a wicked sense of humor and it would have been great if she's had a chance to be heard other than the occasional line when commentary-hog Ben Burtt wasn't talking :lol...I asked her at ClV if she had recorded more commentaries for the DVDs and she responded "I was there for DAYS!" so who knows, maybe on the gazillionth re-release of the OT, they'll include more...

As for the "Indy" movies....I'd love to hear commentaries from folks like Armstrong (the stunt coordinator), the various writers and more BTS folks...that would be more interesting than hearing Lucas & Speilberg say for the umpteenth time "we did it for the fans"....

On the SW commentaries...I wish that there were separate tracks for diifferent people...example, Carrie Fisher has a wicked sense of humor and it would have been great if she's had a chance to be heard other than the occasional line when commentary-hog Ben Burtt wasn't talking :lol...I asked her at ClV if she had recorded more commentaries for the DVDs and she responded "I was there for DAYS!" so who knows, maybe on the gazillionth re-release of the OT, they'll include more...

WOW. I remember Carrie not having favorable things to say about the movies bashing Lucas for not sharing any of the cash with her from the gazillions of merchandising dollars. She must've really hit a nerve for them to put her in a commentary session with the sound effects guy and not other main cast members. :rotfl

Last edited:
I rented the DVD and didn't like it.There where some great ideas and some cool things in it,but most of them where poorly exacuted.And there where too many cliche's and goofy throw back moments.And why did mutt take his motor bike with him to cut-or? That was really stupid. I think Lucas was wright when he said " These kind of movies don't work anymore"

Glad I rented this and didn't buy it.

Back