Indy 5 on the way?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I heard on the radio yesterday that Ford called Shia a "f---ing idiot" because he trashed KOTCS on an interview....But Shia told the truth about fans been disappointed with the film and about the monkey scenes and all.
Have you guys heard about this ?

SAl

Check out the previous page (post 185)! :wave

i dont really consider the films campy, definately not the first 2, lc and kotcs where playing up to the humour side more

Steven Spielberg didn't reveal too much about "Indiana Jones 5" in his lengthy interview with Entertainment Weekly, but fans and movie sites are digging out info anyway.

The director did tell the magazine in its Dec. 9 cover story that in 2008's "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," he enjoyed bringing out Jones' family, but was not so much in favor of introducing aliens.

Spielberg insisted he was "really proud" of "Crystal Skull," despite having told a 30th-anniversary "Raiders of the Lost Ark" screening audience that he knew he burned bridges with that film.

"It's public that George [Lucas] and I and Harrison [Ford] all had a clash about genre and concept," Spielberg told the magazine. "But I've always told George's stories. ... I am best friends with George and I am very obedient to the stories he writes. I'll fight things I don't believe in but ultimately, if George wants to bring interdimensional beings into 'Crystal Skull,' I will do the best job I possibly can to acquit George's idea and make him proud.

Spielberg was asked about star Shia LaBeouf's criticisms of the film, but wouldn't comment. LaBeouf told the L.A. Times that he felt he as an actor "dropped the ball" on Jones' legacy, and "there was a reason" the film wasn't universally accepted.

There's still a chance to redeem Indy's legacy, however. "[Lucas and I] have already agreed on the genre of the fifth movie, we already have a concept in mind," Spielberg told EW. "There is no 'Indy 5' until George says there is."

Film blog Moviehole has a fun list of what's known about the fifth movie. Site editor Clint Morris tallies various reports and filmmaker comments and says in addition to no aliens, the film's unlikely to be set in the Bermuda Triangle (an early rumor), and that Lucas would like the film continuing on the same timeline, while Spielberg prefers the film would be a prequel to "Crystal Skull." The site also says that despite his diss, Shia LaBeouf will likely return, and that despite another rumor to the contrary, Indy himself won't be killed off.

https://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/12/05/9226769-will-indy-die-in-indiana-jones-5

Please, if you are going to do a 5th one let Steven lead it. A prequel would be way better.

I don't want to see Indiana Jones in Viet Nam or Korea.

I think Ford's just too old to pull off a prequel in the 40's -- although that era is far better suited for Jones than the 50's/60's...

I don't want to see another Baby Boomer's ode to 'fading cowboys replaced by astronauts' in seeing Indiana fading away at the beginning of the space age.

Atlantis or Noahs ark always seemed like good Indy territory to cover.
Spear of Destiny maybe... but was kinda done in Constantine.

Weird that they are talking about a prequel to Crystal Skull that includes Shia. Doesn't seem to make sense.

Maybe Indy can go after Excalibur.

:lecture

It's so warped that the blind leads the brilliant.

I think we've seen how bad Lucas can be these last few decades on his own but sometimes others have been there to polish his turds till they're golden i.e. Kaufman,Brackett,Kirshner,Kurtz,etc

Noah's Ark seems a bit bulky...

Excalibur is good but a bit of a fairy tale.

Atlantis I personally like...if there's some authentic "piece" they can make as a credible McGuffin.

Noah's Ark seems a bit bulky...

Excalibur is good but a bit of a fairy tale.

Atlantis I personally like...if there's some authentic "piece" they can make as a credible McGuffin.

I remember an intriguing premise I read sometime ago about an Indy/ Noah tale. It began with finding the ship of course but the kicker had to do with what was still in it.

One of the Indy novels was centered around Noah's Ark.. was a pretty fun read .. ( as were most of those books)... Considering Nazis are just such a classic Indy foe.. I'd like to see him go up against post war exiled Nazis in South America etc.. Some kind of expedition down in the mountains of Argentina etc.. the setting has plenty of Indy potential.. and exiled Nazis just sounds perfect for nasty villains :)

They have kind of written themselves into a corner though.

Writing out his son is easy. Mutt would be in his early 20s by the time of no.5 and would have his own life, should they choose not to use the character.

But what are they supposed to with the female lead which was always a BIG part of the Indy movies. Have him be divorced immediately? Use Marion for a third time?

True, but at Ford's age he'd look ridiculous galavanting about with a young girl.

I'm kind of tired with the whole Nazi thing. 2 movies is enough. Although an ex-Nazi hiding out is a good background for a villain.

I'd prefer Chinese spies this time around.

But what are they supposed to with the female lead which was always a BIG part of the Indy movies. Have him be divorced immediately? Use Marion for a third time?

1. Pull a Henry Sr. and have Marion already dead (say she got interdimensional radiation sickness or something.)

2. Bring back Elsa. She's still beautiful and audiences will buy her as a love interest because she's been with Indy before.

I wouldn't mind a Willie Scott cameo but no screaming!
Sallah would be welcome.

1. Pull a Henry Sr. and have Marion already dead (say she got interdimensional radiation sickness or something.)

2. Bring back Elsa. She's still beautiful and audiences will buy her as a love interest because she's been with Indy before.

Your answer is to kill off the love of his life and bring back another from the dead?

Back