Indy 12'' line on ''pause.'' OR The Future of the Sideshow 12" INDY Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy 12'' line on ''pause.''

I am really indifferent about this. I want to believe that the line will come back but I am beginning to lose faith. I really want this line to suceed because Indy is my favorite movie chAracter of all time and I was super estatic to hear when sideshow got the license it w as a dream come true.

But more and more it is not looking good. With the lackluster quality of belloq and German Indy I am not happy. I have no problem with toht.

I started in this hobby as a 1/6th collector but I am quicly moving to maquette and premium format becAuse lately sideshows 1/6th quality has sucked. I said it in another thread that if henry jones turns out no where near the prototype I am DONE with 1/6th in general. I am just going to stick to where sideshow wins at 1/4th.

Toht was fine. The Ark blew. I can't believe Hasbro of all things, produced a better product... Hasbro! Unfortunately, I think this is their plan. Hook collectors with the 1:6, then spin them off to buy dios and PFs when the lines get canceled. I've seen it with the Universal license, Bond and LOTR and I know you've seen it with Buffy. Unfortunately, the prices of PFs and dios really aren't that far off from 1:1 prop replicas, so if this turns out to be the case, I'll be looking into those.

Last edited:

They tried to make Indy 1/6 profitable by including large pieces with less desirable characters. That didn't work.

Hopefully there will be more - it would seem Mola Ram and ToD Indy are no-brainers. But after that...?

R.I.P. Indy line...
With LOTR and Indy gone, and SW with few exciting characters in the horizon, no upcoming SS orders from me besides Henry Sr...

I can see the 1/6 offerings to bait customers into PFs theme, but people like me would not go for it.

I dropped the Ark because it was not acurate and was dull. Toht, looked great.

Belloq with the idol enviroment would have worked better if Belloq was in his jungle atire and if he looked like the actor . .

Saying up front no Marion was weak.

Indy is a character you can have just him and not be bothered with anyone else, so there was corner to paint themselves into from the start.

Nobody puts Indy in a corner. :gun

They're not going to cancel the 1/6 Crystal Skull Indy with Fridge, are they? I've been looking forward to that thing.

They're not going to cancel the 1/6 Crystal Skull Indy with Fridge, are they? I've been looking forward to that thing.

where did you hear about crystal skull indy w/ fridge??? :confused::confused:

Well, I'm not going to jump on the negativity bandwagon just yet. If Sideshow is looking into HT bodies, then I'm willing to sit back and wait it out and see if they can make it work. I just wish they'd take that Hobbit body and make a Short Round. Can't understand why that is not being considered.

If Sideshow is indeed pulling a "LOTR" then so be it. I'll finish up my wants in the dio and PF lines and be done with it. Indiana Jones is the only license I'm collecting right now anyways, and always knew it would eventually come to an end..sooner rather than later. Once Indy is done, my collecting days are done.

Indy is a character you can have just him and not be bothered with anyone else, so there was corner to paint themselves into from the start.

I'm looking at it that way. Indy IS a solitary character, and Sideshow could have chosen to release only the one figure--like Toys McCoy did and even Kenner in 1982. All the other figures we've gotten have been a bonus. The saddest thing is that they didn't touch on the ToD characters at all and it would have been nice to get at least one figure per movie. Who knows, maybe they will end up doing Indy and Mola once they figure out the bare arm logistics and have those be the final figures.

For me it's even more sad because the Sideshow Indy is the figure that got me into the high-end 1:6 figure hobby in the first place and it's just a shame to see it end because of low sales of all things.

Fail..........

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol Seriously, it was right there on page 2 of this thread! :lol

I think they meant to say "nuked."

zz5acad7ba.jpg

Perhaps if they're dropping the line it may be the best thing. At some point some other company will pick it up and carry on and hopefully take into consideration everything that Sideshow didn't do to make it work. Of course, that would have to go hand in hand with LFL giving complete creative control over their IP and they most likely will never happen.
I've always said I'm very grateful that there were even any Indy figures at all, it just bothers me that all of them fell just short of greatness when it was achievable. Who knows...if and whenever another company picks it up maybe LFL will step in there and ensure we won't ever get 100 percent. They're weird that way. I feel like Fox Mulder. I just wish I knew the truth. It just makes it so much more easier to live with.

Commenting on what some other said, lazy to quote but I am totally cool with them doing the 12" to lead into dios and PFs, yea they are more expensive but I prefer at least the 1/4 scale stuff over the 1/6th. I am not the biggest dio fan but for Indy I will make an exception.

Perhaps if they're dropping the line it may be the best thing. At some point some other company will pick it up and carry on and hopefully take into consideration everything that Sideshow didn't do to make it work. Of course, that would have to go hand in hand with LFL giving complete creative control over their IP and they most likely will never happen.
I've always said I'm very grateful that there were even any Indy figures at all, it just bothers me that all of them fell just short of greatness when it was achievable. Who knows...if and whenever another company picks it up maybe LFL will step in there and ensure we won't ever get 100 percent. They're weird that way. I feel like Fox Mulder. I just wish I knew the truth. It just makes it so much more easier to live with.

Well, Medi's go the license too but I didn't really like what they did with it (way too expensive, too short and skinny, and too stylized). I don't know what I would do if someone else were to pick up the line. Would they do another Raiders Indy and repeat all the Sideshow figures? The last thing I would want to do is buy the set again, just out of principle. Maybe I'd get Indy again if it was mind-blowingly good.

I'm extremely happy that we got what we did, but it's disheartening when you see where the line could have gone.

Yea I think Mutt was the only worth while Medi one. I know this wouldn't happen and has been beaten to death already but the only way I would buy into another Indy line is if Hot Toys somehow got a hold of it.

Back