Indy 12'' line on ''pause.'' OR The Future of the Sideshow 12" INDY Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Sideshow at SDCC via Rebelscum (Question to Sideshow's Brant Bridges following Sideshow's presentation at the Star Wars Collecting Panel):

Q: 12" Indy figures at Sideshow?

A: Yes! Short Round, maybe some Temple of Doom figures.

Nothing much, but at least a confirmation in mid 2012 that Indy figures are still in the works, however inactive. Recap of SSC statements re: future of Indy line:

Aug 2010 - states Mine Cart "in the works",
Oct 2010 - Shorty figure has "started development"
Sept 2011 - Shorty figure has "hit a snag" due to smaller body problem.

I do think that this probably confirms that Hot Toys are at least contemplating a TOD Indy release at this point.

There is no way that SSC would continue developing (which it sounds like they are) a Shorty without a major "anchor" for the piece like a new Indy.

This Shorty is supposed to be with a Mine Cart Environment, which again, would make no sense at all without a new HT Indy. The Tanis environment was clearly developed solely to go along with the HT Raiders Indy with Arab outfit.

Good news, I guess. I agree with you that this shows HT will likely do a TOD Indy as the anchor for Shorty and the mine cart.

Sideshow is all talk, as far as I'm concerned. They haven't showed us anything to indicate that any of this will actually see the light of day.

They have the sculpted arms and they have said they are working on a Destro and it should have a sculpted chest, so I think they may have changed the way they do things, hopefully.
The only down side is their prices keep going up and it would give them a reason to ask more for a new Indy.

I'd be thrilled is SS did the short round (with Groves' earlier Shorty sculpt) as well as a Mola Ram.. then HT carried it out with a DX TOD Indy (with Tux)... in a perfect world SS would also do a Tanis digs Sallah :)

I'd be thrilled is SS did the short round (with Groves' earlier Shorty sculpt) as well as a Mola Ram.. then HT carried it out with a DX TOD Indy (with Tux)... in a perfect world SS would also do a Tanis digs Sallah :)

Shorty and Mine Cart would mean all the planets came in alignment. Sallah would mean the world coming to an end. But hey, it could happen!

HT is doing a tux character soon, and as has been discussed before, all they need is a new headsculpt (!) to do a TOD Indy - everything else is in-hand, including the outfit tailored to a muscle body. Makes you realize why they went with the inaccurate muscle body for ROTLA Indy.

Back