Indy 12'' line on ''pause.'' OR The Future of the Sideshow 12" INDY Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Indy 12'' line on ''pause.''

Now that Sideshow are branching out into Temple Of Doom territory, can we expect to see a 1/6th TOD Indy soon? When things like PF’s and dioramas are announced, I always look for the 1/6th announcement. Since you have collaborated with Hot Toys with your armored figures, you could easily handle the visible articulation issue with the rope-bridge version by using one of their muscle bodies.

You’ll see a pause in the Indiana Jones 12-inch line after Henry Jones. Our development team is in the midst of evaluating TOD characters (including Indy) for production, including considerations like collaboration with Hot Toys for muscle bodies. It may take us some time to fully answer this question, but it is an active discussion.

In the meantime, we have some truly wonderful TOD Premium Format figures in development, and we’re eager to show you more. Stay tuned!

buy the 1/4 line :rock

People have been saying this since Day 1.

Chicken_Little.jpg

People have been saying this since Day 1.

Chicken_Little.jpg

I'm not so sure I'd jump quite to that conclusion yet. Re-read this quote...

"TOD characters (including Indy) for production, including considerations like collaboration with Hot Toys for muscle bodies."

Think about it. Would a sleeveless Indy and especially Mola Ram look good on Sideshow's exiting bodies? I think they need "muscle bodies" to really make them look good. I have that Lord of the Rings feeling too (I'll never forgive Sideshow for stopping short on that one) but if they were putting it on hiatus, I think they would just say so like they did with LOTR. I bet they are looking into how to make 1/6 bicepts really bulge (Mola Ram WOULD look scrawney, even on the big boy body) :whip

Probably doesn't help that you can still buy all the 12" figures so long after release.

If SS would not have chose poorly with character choices, the line would still be going.

If SS would not have chose poorly with character choices, the line would still be going.

I dunno... For me, I loved getting Indy, Toht and Belloq upfront. I think the only odd choice was German Indy.

I'd say the problems came more from execution. Every figure had it's issues, some more than others.

That said, given the state of things, I'm not sure even perfectly produced figures would have kept this line alive. Indy just doesn't seem to have the 'collectbility' of other franchises. It never did.

I think they meant to say "nuked."

zz5acad7ba.jpg

And Indy goes out with a $90 polystone fridge. Something that started as a joke. What does that tell ya? :slap

It tells me that they did everything possible to kill this line off and then, just like Hasbro did, will tease us with TOD figures and blame the demise of the line on the fans.

I'm hoping they mean what they said and are only pausing. There are so many cool things they could do with this line. A Map Room with a little LED staff of Ra would be amazing. Belloq in Ceremonial garb, Mola Ram, Marion.... I think there have been a few disappointments, but overall it's a cool line: definitely the best Indy 1/6 scale to date, the idol environment was great, Toht's outfit, melty head and accessories rocked, the new sculpt for Indy german disguise is great. Let's keep the faith! I'm sure they paid a fortune for the license and want to milk it for all they can. If they want to take some time for R and D to get TOD figs to look right that sounds wise to me. They must be aware of the complaints so far.

I think the only ones that didn't get made that people seem to want are:

SALLAH
MARION
MOLA RAM
ToD INDY
MAP ROOM INDY
SHORT ROUND (for some)

Beyond that, not much else has been mentioned. So would that be enough to satisfy?

Me? I'm crazy. I'd love a Ratty Nepalese and Monkey Man and German Mechanic too. But that's me.

I am really indifferent about this. I want to believe that the line will come back but I am beginning to lose faith. I really want this line to suceed because Indy is my favorite movie chAracter of all time and I was super estatic to hear when sideshow got the license it w as a dream come true.

But more and more it is not looking good. With the lackluster quality of belloq and German Indy I am not happy. I have no problem with toht.

I started in this hobby as a 1/6th collector but I am quicly moving to maquette and premium format becAuse lately sideshows 1/6th quality has sucked. I said it in another thread that if henry jones turns out no where near the prototype I am DONE with 1/6th in general. I am just going to stick to where sideshow wins at 1/4th.

I think the only ones that didn't get made that people seem to want are:

SALLAH
MARION
MOLA RAM
ToD INDY
MAP ROOM INDY
SHORT ROUND (for some)

Beyond that, not much else has been mentioned. So would that be enough to satisfy?

Me? I'm crazy. I'd love a Ratty Nepalese and Monkey Man and German Mechanic too. But that's me.

If the quality was good I would love all of the 3rd and 4th tier characters.

With the exception of the glasses, I think TOHT is one of SS's best 1/6th figures. 'Course, I'm jaded. But for those that have him, I think you'll agree.

And the Ark tan and Clint Howard baby face. Aside from that I would agree.

clint-howard3.jpg

Back