Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aaah. finally solid evidence that sideshow does indeed listen to customer feedback (more or less). thanks for the pics trevor. of course, the best case scenario would be that the new hand is posed to hold an uncoiled whip. but at least we now have an alternative to sankara-grenade lobbing. i'm not entirely convinced about the hand's pose. but after scrutinizing it for a while, i think they were going for a pose where it looks like he's about to reach for his whip at his belt.

also, from the pics, the sword blade looks pretty dull. it's a little disappointing if that's the case, since the thuggee sword blades were always a highly-reflective chrome. would've been nice if ss did that for the pf.

but overall, it seems like an improvement over the proto's first impressions.

Thanks for the pics Trevor, superb work yet again :joy

TOD Indy looks like he came out very well... will make a great pair with Mola Ram. Good to know we've got an extra hand, now all we need is some custom whips to fill it :pray:

Hopefully a Henry Jones Snr PF next.

Mfisher...you're up, man.

Trust me... actively pursuing that project.. been in contact with suppliers literally all over the world... trying to get materials here stateside though.... that being said I did sew my first sidebag in PF scale... to be honest I'd want to replace that before the whip... once the belts and holsters are replaced on these I think those are the next glaring issue... I will try and get a photo up soon... I imagine once you guys see what a difference a solid looking satchel makes ( compared to the floppy stock version ) you will see what I mean.... However.. due to the time involved with sewing.. ( not my forte ) I will not take open orders on those.. I will make, say 4 or 5 and then offer them up for sale.. then once those are gone I will close out availability until I have them made and in hand... that will keep me true to my promise of never taking more than two weeks from the time of payment until the goods shipped... that is something I firmly believe in when it comes to this stuff.. period...

Does anyone know if the exclusives for this piece will be shipping weeks before the regular (ie. Jack Sparrow)?

Does anyone know if the exclusives for this piece will be shipping weeks before the regular (ie. Jack Sparrow)?

My regular just shipped from Alter Ego so it looks like they're coming together.

I tried to cancel this weeks ago but couldn't take the cancellation fee. Was thinking of flipping it but seeing these pics I just may keep it.

And I still say the next PF should be Indy and Henry Sr on the motorcycle, speeder bike sized.

Last edited:
My EX just shipped from SS, got my Fed Ex tracking number, should be here Monday! This will be my Xmas pressie to myself. :yess:

Mine hits FRIDAY !!! I'll be making up the first batch of TOD belts this weekend I guess :)

:rock :rock :rock

Awesome Mike, Can't wait to see the results on the figure. you know that I'm on board for one when you have the master nailed down! :yess:

Also just went through Trevor's pics. Trev man, thanks for posting those...the three of them look AMAZING together. You are the MASTER with Harrison's sculpt. Loving the 'determined' expression on the TOD face. Oh, and Sideshow...while there's no whip in that extra hand, THANK YOU SO MUCH for listening to us Freaks and adding an extra 'action' hand for those of us that don't wish to display Indy lobbing the Sankara stone. You guys are ROCKING this Indy PF line. All 4 have been WINNERS so far. Now bring on TLC Indy, Henry Sr. and Ceremonial Belloq (to go with the ark! :wink1:)

Temple_Indy_001.jpg

Temple_Indy_007.jpg
Temple_Indy_004.jpg

Mine's on the way and should be here on the Dec 18, 2010-- which is good as it's my X-mas present from the missus.

Awesome Christmas present from the missus DN! Mine is on Flex-Pay, so I won;t get him until February/March. I'll just have to enjoy everyone else's photos until then (Mola is gonna be lonely for a few months more... :wink1:)

I just found out that were not getting it here in HK until mid-January. Which sucks, as I already have Mike Fisher's awesome Temple of Doom Holster, Gunbelt set & strap for the sidebag waiting, as well as a Joe Strain 1/4 scale whip.

Jealousy will be in full bloom for the next month as I see all of your awesome pics. Can't wait.

I just found out that were not getting it here in HK until mid-January. Which sucks, as I already have Mike Fisher's awesome Temple of Doom Holster, Gunbelt set & strap for the sidebag waiting, as well as a Joe Strain 1/4 scale whip.

Jealousy will be in full bloom for the next month as I see all of your awesome pics. Can't wait.

Then we will be jealous of you when you have a Joe Strain whip on yours!

The only thing that bugs me a bit about the TOD Indy PF is the legs appear to be to small or short for the rest of the body.

Hey folks- Trev

Temple_Indy_008.jpg

My first thoughts (nothing more/nothing less) when looking at Indy ToD, besides that I like it a lot of course..

- Another left hand is good call, thanks SS (with respect to 1/4 scale statues, one can't have enough switchable parts imo)

But..
- To be honest his mouth looks a bit small and slightly feminine (mouth from Indy KotCS would have been my favorite in this)
- The suture (yes, I looked in the dictionary for this one) between his biceps and his deltoid muscle, look a bit to much noticeable (hopefully less in person)
- Last one :wink1: His chest hair looks drawn on it and only on lower part. A bit roughness (sculpture wise) like beard stubbles (they even did it with armpit hair of Mola) would have looked more natural imo.

But nice one to own :yess:

Back