Indiana Jones Temple of Doom Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is it FedEx Ground or Home Delivery? I believe only Home Delivery delivers on Saturdays.

It is Home Delivery-- Just watching the tracking as it's going to my US addy-- so as soon as I see that it's been delivered I've got to cross the border.

indianajonespf1.jpg

indianajonespf2.jpg

indianajonespf3.jpg

I cant get over how great the sculpt is but wow that is some sloppy paint apps.

What do expect from a Chinese sweat shop...:panic: Seriously from the pics looks good at least not as dark as the 1st Indy.(Obama version)

Mine did come in last night... have yet to break out the camera.. was tied up finishing up a 1/6 scale gear set for a member here... but in short here are some initial observations... the strap on the sidebag has a real metal buckle this time.. good job Sideshow ! The sidebag is still the floppy flat purse they have been using.. and there are not any snaps or magnets to keep the lid closed.. so if you pack all the stones in there the flap tends to stay in an awkward position.. when I saw trevor's pics I thought the web belt had a metal buckle, but it is just plastic like the others, but the web belt does have a metal tab on the tip now.. ( again, good job on improving some details).. the leather belt is the same as before, but.. they did do a nice job in the color application on the leather belt this time.. there is a fade from the center to the edges that makes it look OK... obviously I am ditching it for one of my own.. I just can't do the lousy plastic buckles those have... plus I want the whip keeper to function so I can remove the whip... ( I want to hang it from my Raiders PF just to see it on there ) The shirt and Pants are really nice.. my only criticism there is that the blood stains are very red... not sure if I can get that off and redo it with a more diluted color.. Paint Apps are not as good as the Mola PF
( those paint apps are just awesome..) I will eventually reapint this one too... finally just did my Raiders PF head.. so at this rate my TOD PF will get painted in about 2 years :lol I think the biggest paint app flaw is the fedora's color.. very pale brown for an Indy fedora.. really missed the mark on color there.. So after I replace the belt, holster, whip keeper and bag I think my next step is going to be grinding off the wrapping around the sword hand and using real cloth there.. then eventually repaint it.. I may at least repaint the fedora soon.. I am also considering fabricating a real metal blade for the sword that can be polished up to a high sheen... lots of work, but a fine piece on its own really... HUGE improvement over the Raiders PF..

Mine did come in last night... have yet to break out the camera.. was tied up finishing up a 1/6 scale gear set for a member here... but in short here are some initial observations... the strap on the sidebag has a real metal buckle this time.. good job Sideshow ! The sidebag is still the floppy flat purse they have been using.. and there are not any snaps or magnets to keep the lid closed.. so if you pack all the stones in there the flap tends to stay in an awkward position.. when I saw trevor's pics I thought the web belt had a metal buckle, but it is just plastic like the others, but the web belt does have a metal tab on the tip now.. ( again, good job on improving some details).. the leather belt is the same as before, but.. they did do a nice job in the color application on the leather belt this time.. there is a fade from the center to the edges that makes it look OK... obviously I am ditching it for one of my own.. I just can't do the lousy plastic buckles those have... plus I want the whip keeper to function so I can remove the whip... ( I want to hang it from my Raiders PF just to see it on there ) The shirt and Pants are really nice.. my only criticism there is that the blood stains are very red... not sure if I can get that off and redo it with a more diluted color.. Paint Apps are not as good as the Mola PF
( those paint apps are just awesome..) I will eventually reapint this one too... finally just did my Raiders PF head.. so at this rate my TOD PF will get painted in about 2 years :lol I think the biggest paint app flaw is the fedora's color.. very pale brown for an Indy fedora.. really missed the mark on color there.. So after I replace the belt, holster, whip keeper and bag I think my next step is going to be grinding off the wrapping around the sword hand and using real cloth there.. then eventually repaint it.. I may at least repaint the fedora soon.. I am also considering fabricating a real metal blade for the sword that can be polished up to a high sheen... lots of work, but a fine piece on its own really... HUGE improvement over the Raiders PF..

Great (insightful) review... Can't wait for pics!

I cant get over how great the sculpt is but wow that is some sloppy paint apps.

Well Josh at least you have unlimited access to Small Studios repaints :lol:rotfl Think about how worse off the rest of the TOD owners are :)

But yeah... Get Trevor sculpting with Hot Toys painting and you might as well clone and shrink Harrison because that sculpt is awesome and that paint is unforgiveable.

What do expect from a Chinese sweat shop...:panic: Seriously from the pics looks good at least not as dark as the 1st Indy.(Obama version)

well, i expect the same or at least similar level of quality as hot toys' exemplary paint apps, which incidentally are also done in "chinese sweat shops", as u so eloquently put it.

to be perfectly honest, this is very disappointing output. let's not mince words: the paint app is terrible! and it's exactly what i feared from ss. looks like they've done it yet again. what's the use of having a great sculpt? at this rate, i don't think i'm going to continue collecting stuff from this company. sigh.

Here's some grainy pics of mine (I couldn't for the life of me get some good lighting to take a decent shot for some reason):

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0469.jpg

IMG_0472-1.jpg

IMG_0474.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

with the Joneses . . .

IMG_0486.jpg

with Mola . . .

IMG_0496.jpg

and with the big guy!

IMG_0494-1.jpg

Could the paint apps use improvement? Sure. But it's still one badass statue!!

Last edited:
Awesome pictures (keep 'em coming)-- Mine's in da house!!!... and upstairs waiting to be wrapped. :cuckoo: :slap

Where are you from ? Vladivostok ?

Relax, January is only 10 days away plus they only count business days.

LOL ...I'm in Melbourne, Australia

...though I have actually been to Siberia before

I confirmed, it's awesome, best representation of Indiana Jones, and the paint apps is very good!

However, I think some collectors should see the achievement in real life before you speak. As they often say stupid things.

I confirmed, it's awesome, best representation of Indiana Jones, and the paint apps is very good!

However, I think some collectors should see the achievement in real life before you speak. As they often say stupid things.

I saw this on display at the store last week. Killer sculpt from Trev as always but I agree with Josh... typical HUGE failure from Sideshow in paint aps. They are always bad but this is one of their worst.

For those that have seen it in person, can you elaborate on the bad paint app? Looking at the pics, it seems like Indy looks pretty good (except maybe the bright red blood applications).

Back