Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure, but they ARE calling it 'pursuit of the ark', which IS very scene specific! so why not actually BE scene specific?!? otherwise call it something different!!

Well I don't blame you for wanting it as accurate as possible. But from what I've seem almost all pieces have some kind of unaccuracy, unfortunately. Some inteded and some unintended.

I mean the final release is spot on from SSC's prototype and images on line. If you didn't like the pictures don't preorder. The scale of the horse is spot on too.

Funny the exclusive is on wait list and I don't even see the regular edition posted anymore...

Those pictures were taken with a Iphone and I'm not a photographer by any means, only posted because people wanted some quick pictures of the statue.... IMO the production statue matches the prototype pretty closely, the likeness factor of Harrison Ford is there, maybe not 100% but it's pretty good, more so from the front view then the side view IMO. The horse is pretty damn close to scale, my only nitpick would be it could of used maybe another 1" in length, in the movie it looks like you could get two people on that horse, on the statue not so much...

There is also some gap issues where his left arm attaches to his body, EX hand doesn't fit 100% snug and a small gap between the horse and it's tail. They're minor but you expect better for $500

Also the base is very bland, some shadowing on the sides or added some weeds or rocks would of added additional depth to the statue, not a deal breaker in any means but something to consider when factoring in the $500

The statue came out good but I just don't think I can recommend it at $500, if it was like $375 then I could recommend it. If your a hardcore Indiana Jones fan then I doubt you will be disappointed but for average fan, I just don't think it's quite there for the $500 cost.

Just my opinion guys..

That all said, my clients and office co-workers think it's a killer looking statue... I have no regrets buying it, but if I had seen it in a LCS shop first I probably would of passed because like I said above I don't think the quality of the statue quite matches the $500 price tag.

Thanks for sharing your opinions. :) Without having seen it in person yet, I personally don't think $500 is too bad based on SSC's general prices these days. The statue is more or less 60 x 60 cm high and wide and with a (small :D ) horse and man in approx 1/5. I can't speak for the details and paint of course but if you consider it size-wise to a normal PF costing $400 I don't think it's bad. Prices are generally a bit too high these days..

The blanket underneath the saddle seems to be a bright red as opposed to a more muted red in the prototype. Is that just from the photos or does it look that bright in person?

The blanket underneath the saddle seems to be a bright red as opposed to a more muted red in the prototype. Is that just from the photos or does it look that bright in person?

It's not bright red, more like a faded red.

For 600 bucks Australian I would be too, but it seems despite the pessimistic views of statue on the sideshow website the statue has already sold out.

There was only 150 EX's and 500 Regulars so it doesn't surprise me it sold out...

Can someone post more pictures of the PF, while i wait for my local comic store to get them in.

Yeah, I am really suprised only one board memeber has gotten this, and thats counting both boards so far. I know that they didnt make that many, what, 650 Reg and EX, but would have thought a couple more people would have had him by now.

Mine is still in transit. Should be here thursday, then I will post a few pics

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

I reluctantly cancelled mine a few months ago after deciding to stop collecting statues, and after seeing pix I can honestly say that I don't regret the decision, especially at the price point. IMHO, Sideshow has yet to produce the "perfect" Indiana Jones collectible, but so far the ToD PFs are the closest they have gotten.

Back