Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yikes. Count me out. One of the few things I've had on preorder in the past few years and I'm pretty dissapointed. Just can't justify a full repaint price point. It looks like they didn't even bother painting the horse's hooves.

Always hard to tell paint on polystone statues ....flash just washes everything out.
But even so the paint does look really average on all the pics so far .... and the owners don't seem that happy....glad I skipped this.

Thanks for doing a quick review Fremen!

Based on that, I actually think Indy came out pretty well, its just a bit uninspired, plus the horse doesnt do too much to add to the piece. I was glad you showed the face with flash/without, really shed the contrast with what that brings out.

Now I need to have a good long think.

Ok, so I watched Fremen's video. Not blown away and a little bothered by her statement when she says she's not going to return it. No offense, but THAT is the problem. You think if SSC got a giant return of a product it wouldn't raise an alarm that oh crap, they aren't just going to settle for, well, crap production. We better work on things. This gives them the lowest possible bar when they should have the bar raised higher on them to meet it. I have to laugh at those that look down on Bowen or HCG, because most recently I got the Kirk statue and it was flawless and painted as well as any SSC statue I have, except maybe The Punisher which is probably one of the best out there. For 500, no one should have to do at home painting and fixing. If that is what is required, I might as well learn how to sculpt in my free time and do my own stuff. Sheesh.

I thought about it. I'm going to send them an email and ask for a replacement. The base it terrible and that chip right on his nose...

Ya. Really bad. Plus I'm worried maybe mine wasn't primed properly. You can see in that video the way the paint on the base just comes right off.
Scary.

I thought about it. I'm going to send them an email and ask for a replacement. The base it terrible and that chip right on his nose...

They owe it to you to make it right. Price point is just too high to settle for shoddy work.

Post pics when you get it CollectorNC. I hope you get a good one. Let us know your thoughts.

Post pics when you get it CollectorNC. I hope you get a good one. Let us know your thoughts.

I'm damn nervous...lol Like a 1st date or something. I have been so excited about this piece and then the delays and lack of an appearance at comic-con...now the pics and problems.... Just got The Punisher PF some weeks ago and it was perfect, better than what I even expected. I just hope this piece is just not photogenic.

Try not to worry. This is a nice statue and mine is probably just a one off with the problems.

I think you'll like it. This really isn't a photogenic piece. Trust me. Much nicer in person.

Try not to worry. This is a nice statue and mine is probably just a one off with the problems.

I think you'll like it. This really isn't a photogenic piece. Trust me. Much nicer in person.

I kinda wish it was 1/4 scale and had a head like ROTLA or ToD Indy with that sculpt. I think Trevor was involved but the heads compared together look like different sculptors.

This would have been sick as a 1/4 scale with a good, detailed, paint job on the horse.

I just can't have another miss like my ONLY contest win from SSC's. And I think I was the only one to enter, hence why I won. Guess what lovely prize I won...it was an infamous PF.

Back