Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Luckily for this piece, the horse will have 3/4 feet resting on the base. I don't see any leaning or stress issues once the piece has been delivered.

I wouldn't be surprised if Indiana's legs are attached to the horse and he will be connected via strong magnet. We'll see in a few days...

The first pics posted over at SF...dont look so hot.

I really cant wait for some fully assembled shots in various settings. Trying to back away from the ledge atm.

yep still waiting for non-zoomed in shots, i didn't think it was that awful considering the camera was so close to the head

I wouldn't worry too much, for some reason the first pictures of a statue are always crappy. :lol I see a lot of likeness, although not 100% perfect but neither was the proto. The face just looks kind of weird but I'm guessing that's due to the camera, zoom and angle.

Is this one of the first major statues that has never been seen from proto to finish and shipping?

Damn, wish I hadn't gone to SF to look at pics...now I am going to be impatiently nervous for days...

Is this one of the first major statues that has never been seen from proto to finish and shipping?

Yep, he never showed up anywhere, no cons, toy shows, anything. I think they just gave up on it tbh when the sales were not there. I am worried they may have given it to their lowest tier factory. Really need to see some good pics.

I'm not getting wrapped up in the fiasco of likenesses every time someone posts the first pics, which invariably are always rushed, on a camera phone and either have bad lighting or are blurry. Mine arrives on Wed. I'll see then how it turns out.

Yep, he never showed up anywhere, no cons, toy shows, anything. I think they just gave up on it tbh when the sales were not there. I am worried they may have given it to their lowest tier factory. Really need to see some good pics.

I know it is early and the pics were crappy, but I hope they didn't lowball this property. They already have failed to maximize the license with only a handful of products. Why there isn't a Indy Sr. with Connery's likeness or any of the female co-stars or Short Round is beyond me. This is a popular license with the 3 Indy PF's selling out, Mola Rom I believe sold out. The diroma sold out I think. No ToD PF Indy that actually could have finally have had a whip action pose. I don't get it.

Honestly, I'm surprised Sideshow stuck with the license as long as they have, considering every other company dropped the Indy license like a hot potato years ago. And I'm really grateful that they stuck with it. It's clear Indy collectors are few compared to the popularity of their other licenses, but we've gotten some great pieces from them. I never thought I'd have a Fertility Idol, Ark or Indy statues in my collection. Personally, I'm not complaining.

From Statue Forum

Took some quick pictures at my office, didn't want to take it all out of the box since still have to take the statue home. he looks to be 1/5 scale, I'll give a better review when I get home and can take it all out, but so far I'm happy with the QC and likeness

Indy08.jpg

Indy02.jpg

Indy03.jpg

Indy04.jpg

I'm not getting wrapped up in the fiasco of likenesses every time someone posts the first pics, which invariably are always rushed, on a camera phone and either have bad lighting or are blurry. Mine arrives on Wed. I'll see then how it turns out.

:exactly:

I'm not too worried based on those pics. They're clearly distorted and were taken too close. I'll have mine Wednesday too. Can't wait!

Back