Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats where I'm at. Hoping these take a nosedive in the secondary market post-release!!! Love the statue!!!!

BBTS has it up yet? I didn't see yesterday. How long does it usually take for them to put up preorders for SSC's regular stuff?

BBTS has it up yet? I didn't see yesterday. How long does it usually take for them to put up preorders for SSC's regular stuff?

Yeah, they put it up last night but for $479.99... only 5% off. :monkey4 At least no NRD or cancellation penalty. Still too high, though.

AlterEgo has it for $449, but they also require the 10% NRD now. :(

SSC's has enough defenders already on staff. For people to continue to think it's alright to gouge the consumer just a year later, and don't blame economic factors, as the economy all over has been in trouble for years now. SSC's rolled the dice and elevated prices on everything for what reason? Is their Q/C all of a sudden actually real Q/C? I see no reason to shoot down other people's legitimate gripes and defend a company that is overpricing its product. A year ago this would be $400 tops. But just like gas prices, they raise prices on PF's, get people desensitized to paying 50+ more for what they paid the year earlier, and then use that to inflate their other products. In a year, PF's will likely be 500+ at the rate they are going. But glad to know so many want to pay SSC's more. Sends them the message to keep increasing the price. :cuckoo:
you are aware of that fact that these things are essentially made out of oil right? all action figures, and resin statues are made out of oil. i hear that stuff costs a LOT these days. im still willing to invest in the toys, art, and statues that i feel i cant live with out, and the rest i let sit on store shelves.

you are aware of that fact that these things are essentially made out of oil right? all action figures, and resin statues are made out of oil. i hear that stuff costs a LOT these days. im still willing to invest in the toys, art, and statues that i feel i cant live with out, and the rest i let sit on store shelves.

Oil prices go up then down. Retail prices on these figures only go up.

I think with prices going up you have to be picker and stick to a budget. I try to stay between 1,000-1,500 a year. Plus this piece gives me about 10 months to save up so no worries.

I'm the same way. My budget is around 1,200 to 1,500 a year. With prices going up, I stick to my budget yet have fewer pieces in the collection. Can't have it both ways anymore, so I make choices on my pieces. Getting this means I pass on something else. And its not just Sideshow whose prices are going up. From GG to Bowen to Medicom, collectibles across the board are going through the roof. I'm glad I'm winding down my buying, and I'm glad I was able to enjoy this hobby when prices were more reasonable years ago. I can't even imagine what new folks to the hobby must be feeling right now.

Not sure if these have already been linked, but these are hi res pics of this piece - change the number at end of web address to change photo (i.e. press01.jpg, press02.jpg) etc.

Headsculpt isn't spot-on (that damn HF...), but very nice. A gorgeous piece I will unfortunately not be able to grab.:(

3000211_press05.jpg

I'd buy it but the face doesn't resemble Harrison Ford enough for me. Pass. I'll stick with my Hot Toys DX. And $500, yes, definite pass.

This is the best indy statue by far to indiana jones and the temple of doom series its a must buy but i wish sideshow would go a bit more easy on the price for a 23 inch statue.

Looks like Harrison. It's just that the expression they chose for the paint looks out of place for that particular piece, especially when you are connecting it to a specific scene in the movie where Indy didn't look like that at all. The expression looks a lot like the ToD dio.

I really like this statue. The only problem I have is space. I may have to part with one of my existing PFs to have the space to get and display this piece. But I can't bear to part with any piece in my collection.

Decisions, decisions.......

As much as I like the subject matter I feel that there is something wrong with the composition and line of action in the overall sculpture. I don't know, I just don't really like how the horse and Indy seem to go different directions, it makes it a bit stiff and unfocused. Also, the way he's folding his gun, I don't know... it just feels like there is nothing "outside" of the sculpture, if you know what I mean. Sculpting wise, I think it's top notch and for me it looks enough like Ford, but the pose keeps me from buying the piece.

I think everything is ok except the face of the horse...why did they make it hidden, I cannot explain. It would be 100% different if we could admire both heads (Indy+horse). It seems like half of the statue is wasted :dunno

A totally different statue imo:

in3t.jpg

Last edited:
Back