Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, folks sure have some disposable income around here!!! The statue is real nice, but not $500 nice. The marginal cost of production cant be more than $100 on this thing!! Maybe I'm way off....

So, considering the statue only cost $100 to make, what price should Sideshow sell it at?

So, considering the statue only cost $100 to make, what price should Sideshow sell it at?

The cost per item (including miscellanous expenses on top of actual production costs) would probably be closer to under $300, based on how retail prices are generally determined. Any retailer having good business sense wouldn't price something higher than it needs to be, lest customers opt to spend their money elsewhere.

The problem with this price is, that sideshow will probably sell less. Then they would conclude, hey...we haven't sold that much...perhaps the indy franchise is dead. 500 usd is too high. It's a statue, no moving parts etc. I'm not getting it for this price. At this price I would expect the sculpt and paintjob to be perfect which are not.

best,

Robert

The more I look at it, the less it looks like it would even worth $500. If it's 1/5 scale, it has no business being $500.

I was looking forward since the announcement, but now because of SSC's continued shift in price points and policies, I can't and won't part with my hard-earned money through them. If it was no NRD and a $100 cheaper, they would have my $400, plus shipping, but now they will have $0. Also, this whole TBD on items this overpriced and with NRD, it is like beating a person already down. So someone is supposed to part with $50 instantly, based on proto pics that could change, not even know if it will be a good collectors edition sized, because believe it or not, it does matter to many--otherwise so many wouldn't talk about how low a number they got on their statues. I think I got into this hobby years too late. The NRD and TBD is killing my interest in collecting from Sideshow as the final product ends up always having issues. I was literally shocked when my Joker PF showed up with zero issues. I almost wanted to send it back as defective since it was perfect, which I knew SSC's couldn't do... sorry for the rant, but as a customer and collector, SSC's is single-handedly curtailing my interest in this.

Ordered. One of only two pieces so far I have on pre-order that will ship next year, so budgeting for this will be fairly easy.

Great question. A price point that maximizes sales without taking away from the Limited Edition nature of a high priced collectible. I hope that makes sense? I guess I need to think that through. Ha! I just remember last year I was buying a Bowen FS statue from my LCS. I asked him how he was able to offer collectibles at 10-20% off MSRP for the new releases. He told me what he pays and what it costs to produce these things all-in on average. The math he gave me is what I softly applied to this statue. Oh well, hopefully Sideshow sells a ton and makes more cool Indy stuff. I can't wait to see the secondary market on all these new releases over the next year or two. There are going to be some very sorry statue owners out there........

Ordered

<---- doesn't care about price but only because coolest Indy statue ever.

ferrisbuelleryouremyhero_zps98c9ec67.gif

hmmm 1/5 scale like ....almost 60cm high !

I don't think there is any rush to pre-order at this silly price.

June 2013 release date ...well my birthday is in June. Maybe at that time next year I'll feel differently.

At current price rise rates this may look cheap by then :D

Just a guess probably about 16-18" or so. Since Indy would be larger then 12" but he's seated and then the horses legs on top of the mountain base.

Honestly this has me reconsidering even bashing a 12" Indy which is looking like it would set me back around $800. Probably better off investing that in having this painted up by someone like Silent Surfer or the like.

Just ordered it!!! But I'm going to get the same guy that painted it for SS to re-paint mine!!! It'll look 10 times better!!!:yess:

I hope the next statue they do is Indy on some kinda bridge base from ToD

I doubt it. It'd be too close in style to the dio. I still would like to know if this is a one and done piece or if this is the start of a new line.

I don't have a problem with the exclusive. Statues don't move and its nice to be able to change them up a little every year or so even if they are not scene accurate.

The price however I just don't get.
Even taking into account current price levels and large price hikes over the last 6 months.

So PF's are now $380 to $400. Okay, I won't debate that.
But why is this $500 then?

Halo4 is a PF that is not mixed media and that is $400 with 3 switchout arm/weapons.
Batman is a mixed media PF and is $400.
Jack Sparrow is extremely heavy on the mixed media side and $380.

And this is $500? .....please explain Sideshow

maybe you should buy a license, pay a group of artists to make a prototype, get a factory in china to manufacture it, pay a shipping company to load up cargo containers to get it here, pay the fuel costs, and importation taxes, the pay a staff to market it, and distribute it. then let us all know what per unit cost you came up with.
im guessing the price difference is due to the greater number of pieces, higher number of paint applications, and much more complicated assembly.

I hope the next statue they do is Indy on some kinda bridge base from ToD

They already did that w/ the Indy Vs Mola Ram statue.

I'd like to see Indy tied to a chair w/ Henry or maybe Indy in the Well of Souls w/ Marion crawling up on his back.

Back