Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe you should buy a license, pay a group of artists to make a prototype, get a factory in china to manufacture it, pay a shipping company to load up cargo containers to get it here, pay the fuel costs, and importation taxes, the pay a staff to market it, and distribute it. then let us all know what per unit cost you came up with.
im guessing the price difference is due to the greater number of pieces, higher number of paint applications, and much more complicated assembly.

:goodpost:

I think it's priced correctly for all those factors and that it's Indiana mother ********* Jones!

or a dio or marion slamming shots!

Or slugging Indy in the face. :lol

But this would be both funny and awesome with a base covered in snakes.

Marion_zpsc3aefddf.jpg

maybe you should buy a license, pay a group of artists to make a prototype, get a factory in china to manufacture it, pay a shipping company to load up cargo containers to get it here, pay the fuel costs, and importation taxes, the pay a staff to market it, and distribute it. then let us all know what per unit cost you came up with.
im guessing the price difference is due to the greater number of pieces, higher number of paint applications, and much more complicated assembly.

No way! You know the general vague description of how Sideshow works! You even included technical insider details like 'pay the staff to market it'. Thats awesome! Well done.

I'm just specifially comparing it to their other pieces and how they currently price those. But you are correct sir, I do not have current information on 'importation taxes' and there is always the chance that customs have notified Sideshow that due to this statue having a horse in it, it may incur some sort of animal tax that a normal Indy statue wouldn't.

Last edited:
Well its been a busy day with the iphone 5 and having just picked up Jessica Rabbit at the store and now indy I pre ordered it with the new jack sparrow i think i will cancel the lord of the ring evil rider on horseback.

i love the look of this statue, i may just have to pick it up can never get enough of Indy items.

By far the best statues I have had for detail are the indiana jones temple of doom pf set, the disney villains lineup and Conan the prize, i cancelled my lord of the rings pf dark rider on his steed for this as this statue is spot on and besides how can I resist after buying indie on blu ray.

Last edited:
Mmm just saw i can order it for €328 shipped. (430USD depending on the state of the USD). If i order 5 of them I pay €305 (397USD) a piece. (3 of them will be €318 a piece.) The delivery of an order will be about one or two months later than the US but i can wait. Are there any people from the netherlands here that also want this statue? Perhaps we can order it together to get the best price?

I'm digging this one my have to pick it up eventhough I have nothing Indy. The sculpt is just stunning.

SSC's has enough defenders already on staff. For people to continue to think it's alright to gouge the consumer just a year later, and don't blame economic factors, as the economy all over has been in trouble for years now. SSC's rolled the dice and elevated prices on everything for what reason? Is their Q/C all of a sudden actually real Q/C? I see no reason to shoot down other people's legitimate gripes and defend a company that is overpricing its product. A year ago this would be $400 tops. But just like gas prices, they raise prices on PF's, get people desensitized to paying 50+ more for what they paid the year earlier, and then use that to inflate their other products. In a year, PF's will likely be 500+ at the rate they are going. But glad to know so many want to pay SSC's more. Sends them the message to keep increasing the price. :cuckoo:

Its does seem pricey, but I doubt they're struggling, I think it's more a case of being stablished and having a loyal following, on the other hand they more than please that following with high end product and second to none concepts(well, Enterbay is putting out excellent product) but then you also you have the QC issues but lately they've improve greatly on that, in conclusion, the public will pay whatever price as long as their need are met, and just so happens SSC is doing just that, DC pf line, marvel pf, movie maquettes, even the Barbie and ken dolls of the 1/6 line :D

I think Sideshow is like, if hot toys can do it, so can we. I've ordered a few from hot toys, but next year i'm out. These prices have become pure bull....It's supposed to be a hobby, not a way to get poor.

Best,

Robert

SSC's has enough defenders already on staff. For people to continue to think it's alright to gouge the consumer just a year later, and don't blame economic factors, as the economy all over has been in trouble for years now. SSC's rolled the dice and elevated prices on everything for what reason? Is their Q/C all of a sudden actually real Q/C? I see no reason to shoot down other people's legitimate gripes and defend a company that is overpricing its product. A year ago this would be $400 tops. But just like gas prices, they raise prices on PF's, get people desensitized to paying 50+ more for what they paid the year earlier, and then use that to inflate their other products. In a year, PF's will likely be 500+ at the rate they are going. But glad to know so many want to pay SSC's more. Sends them the message to keep increasing the price. :cuckoo:

I think Sideshow is like, if hot toys can do it, so can we. I've ordered a few from hot toys, but next year i'm out. These prices have become pure bull....It's supposed to be a hobby, not a way to get poor.

Best,

Robert

I agree. My wife (and basically everyone else) thought I was insane for spending the money I did on the Hot Toys 1989 Batman and Joker. I mean, really, $500 bucks for 2 12inch "dolls". I like them but it's outrageous. When I started a year ago with the ToD Indy and Jack Sparrow PF's, I thought low to mid-300's was a kind of high, but new to the hobby I assumed that was normal. I soon learned through this forum a pattern was happening, not just with SSC, but with all to keep pushing the bottom higher and higher. They are making it more of an exclusive collectible for wealthy people (or people who have no problem jacking up their credit card debt). They are one day going to blur the line between collecting figures and high priced art. Of course, you spend a couple hundred/thousand on art art, you are getting a better investment. In a year I have probably spent 2000-2500...and that includes 6 or 7 pieces. Now what will 2000-2500 get you? 1 Legendary scale figure. a couple 4 PF's.

Why is a Harrison Ford likeness so hard to capture? This looks like Trevor's work but definitely not his most accurate sculpt.

I really like the whole idea of the statue but I don't think we'll ever get a truly perfect Indy sculpt.

Why is a Harrison Ford likeness so hard to capture? This looks like Trevor's work but definitely not his most accurate sculpt.

I really like the whole idea of the statue but I don't think we'll ever get a truly perfect Indy sculpt.

Trevor is the only one I've seen with a perfect--or near perfect--Ford sculpt. This doesn't look like Trevor's. Does anyone know if it is?

Trevor is the only one I've seen with a perfect--or near perfect--Ford sculpt. This doesn't look like Trevor's. Does anyone know if it is?

From the Specs

Trevor Grove and Michael Norman (Sculpt)

Trevor did the head, and I'd assume Michael Norman did everything else.

I don't think Trevor does anything besides heads.

From the Specs

Trevor did the head, and I'd assume Michael Norman did everything else.

I don't think Trevor does anything besides heads.

Maybe it's the angle or something. Just doesn't look as good as his ROLTA or ToD ones.

I think with prices going up you have to be picker and stick to a budget. I try to stay between 1,000-1,500 a year. Plus this piece gives me about 10 months to save up so no worries.

Back