Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, this is a great piece, but again, SSC's is outpricing themselves. I'd be curious to know how many people are buying fewer overall pieces because of the large increase. This piece is like buying 1.5 PF's a year ago. Now with PF's almost all nearing or at $400 shipped, I kinda figured theyd gouge on this. Hundred dollars cheaper and I'd get it. EX hand is dumb. Why are so many EX parts totally unecessary and not even related to the scene that the sculpt is of. I might buy later from a 3rd party, but SSC's aint getting the money. It's friggin 1/5 scale and they want 500. Reality check please!

This is only grab I have available, angles and posture are very different...

horse_zpsf11abccf.png

Settled? Yes, SSC screws up a lot of stuff - and a lot of Indy stuff - this just isn't one of them.

The horse's head/neck looks good but its butt is too small. :lol

Eh. The horse's size doesn't bother me at all. The silly Exclusive (which just looks dumb/awful) and the steep price are the only real negatives for me. Well that and fear of the production paint apps.

Yeah the gun is pretty pointless. If they're going to provide something that ridiculous might as well just give him a switch out walke-talkie for the lolz.

Or have him holding one of the Sankara Stones like a football. :lol

But, seriously, the gun is not only pointless (and not in that scene) it just looks completely weird and unnatural. That's my main problem with it. I'd never in a million years display it with that. So I'll get the non-exclusive cheaper from a retailer (and forego the NRD as well).

I like it. I think it looks awesome. I'm getting this despite the steep price, although it'll probably be on payment plan.

I don't have a problem with the exclusive. Statues don't move and its nice to be able to change them up a little every year or so even if they are not scene accurate.

The price however I just don't get.
Even taking into account current price levels and large price hikes over the last 6 months.

So PF's are now $380 to $400. Okay, I won't debate that.
But why is this $500 then?

Halo4 is a PF that is not mixed media and that is $400 with 3 switchout arm/weapons.
Batman is a mixed media PF and is $400.
Jack Sparrow is extremely heavy on the mixed media side and $380.

And this is $500? .....please explain Sideshow

I don't have a problem with the exclusive. Statues don't move and its nice to be able to change them up a little every year or so even if they are not scene accurate.

The price however I just don't get.
Even taking into account current price levels and large price hikes over the last 6 months.

So PF's are now $380 to $400. Okay, I won't debate that.
But why is this $500 then?

Halo4 is a PF that is not mixed media and that is $400 with 3 switchout arm/weapons.
Batman is a mixed media PF and is $400.
Jack Sparrow is extremely heavy on the mixed media side and $380.

And this is $500? .....please explain Sideshow

I was going to reply, they don't have to people will buy it. BUT Indy doesn't fly out the door so the price hike here:dunno

Man, folks sure have some disposable income around here!!! The statue is real nice, but not $500 nice. The marginal cost of production cant be more than $100 on this thing!! Maybe I'm way off....

$500 is way too much...rather get a life-sized bust or the Tumbler...this is not a must have piece. maybe its got a superlow edition.

I was going to reply, they don't have to people will buy it. BUT Indy doesn't fly out the door so the price hike here:dunno

Yeah thats my point man.
I agree with the 'buy or don't buy' argument and Sideshow can charge whatever they think people will pay.

If they think people will pay $380-400 for PF's now then go nuts.

But what makes them think people are lining up to pay $500 for this? Maybe people are...who knows....

but the Indiana Temple of Doom PF which is freaking awesome was $330 and that was in stock for quite a while.

Last edited:
but the Indiana Temple of Doom PF which is freaking awesome was $330 and that was in stock for quite a while.

This is a great piece, but that is the comparison my mind made immediately when I saw the price as well.

Back