Indiana Jones - Pursuit of the Ark statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Specs from Sideshow's FB page: 23"H x 12.5"W x 23.5"L

Wow, if that is correct, as tall as a 1/4. So how do they determine the scale, particularly if the piece, bottom of base to tallest point is the same as some 1/4ths?

Specs from Sideshow's FB page: 23"H x 12.5"W x 23.5"L

Wow that is huge!!

Wow, if that is correct, as tall as a 1/4. So how do they determine the scale, particularly if the piece, bottom of base to tallest point is the same as some 1/4ths?

There's a horse involved in that calculation somewhere! :slap

lulz yup.
And quite a decent size base.

This is quite an interesting project by Sideshow.
At this size its going to be taller than some 1/4 PF's and with the horse and base quite a fair bit wider than most PF's.

Going to be a very imposing piece.
.....though I would have preferred them go the same route as the LotR's monster with horse they are doing in 1/4 PF. I'd pay $1K for a 1/4 Indy on horse!

I'm still hoping that the reason the Last Crusade PF is taking so long is that they are planning on doing a 1/4 bike and sidecar with Henry as well. That would be epic.

I'm very interested in this, love what I've seen so far, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about what the final price will be.

Find out soon, I guess.

I think this is a must for me. Indy above all movies series; I can return to time & again & never get bored.
I've always wanted for years a diorama of the tank scene in the Last Crusade...just slightly out of sync though. Henry on the treads while Indy whips his leg with Vogel punching him, Marcus falling off the back & Sallah riding up along side. It would either be very small due to the tanks scale & the characters would be too small or flippin huge & very expensive

Yeah, I wish Sideshow would revisit the dios. I can't believe we only got one and not a word since then, which I'm assuming means they've given up on it. But so many possibilities from all the films. I would have loved to have seen a dio of Indy and Sallah lifting the Ark from its resting place in the Well of the Souls, much like depicted on Mark Raats poster.

I like what I see so far in the WIP. Scale is good and barring any issues with the full reveal, I will be picking this piece up. Good job Sideshow.

PICS ARE UP!

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/experience/2012/09/18/indiana-jones-pursuit-of-the-ark-statue-photo-gallery-and-pre-order-information/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_term=%20&utm_content=300021_IndyPursuitoftheArkStatue_PhotoGallery&utm_campaign=facebook_091812

3000211_press01-001.jpg

300021_press03-001.jpg

Love it! Gotta get it!

Last edited:
Wow. :clap

I'm in, thank you Sideshow this is totally killer. Didn't need him holding the gun but hey, it's still awesome. The paint looks great too.

This just saved me the incredibly massive headache of trying to put togeather a custom Indy, I just don't have that patience anymore. This will be a definate purchase, and at $500 a pretty good deal. I've got about $100 in reward points left too. :yess:

Now where the hell am I going to get a display case for this.

What was the turn around time from preorder to shipping for other statues like this, like the 1/5 Predator? About 6 months?

Wow, I love it. What an impressive-looking piece. And from one of my favorite parts of Raiders. I always loved the Desert Chase scene. I had guessed $400 on the price, but I'll pre-order this. Since I only have 2 other items on pre-order, this is well within my overall budget.

The paint on the face is a bit rough. Reminds me of the ToD dio. But overall, I think the paint apps look good. The gun as an exclusive is completely unnecessary as it doesn't even fit in with the scene. I'd just display it as the regular version.

When all other companies have long given up on Indy, Sideshow is still giving us collectibles, and I thank them for it.

Wow, I love it. What an impressive-looking piece. And from one of my favorite parts of Raiders. I always loved the Desert Chase scene. I had guessed $400 on the price, but I'll pre-order this. Since I only have 2 other items on pre-order, this is well within my overall budget.

The paint on the face is a bit rough. Reminds me of the ToD dio. But overall, I think the paint apps look good. The gun as an exclusive is completely unnecessary as it doesn't even fit in with the scene. I'd just display it as the regular version.

When all other companies have long given up on Indy, Sideshow is still giving us collectibles, and I thank them for it.

True that. I can't believe they are still going on the line and for this they really should be commended. I can't see the line being a huge success for them money wise with so many key pieces still for sale (I'm looking at you Mola Ram PF EX).

But this piece, to me the paint looks a mess on the face but I seem to be in the minority here. The big thing is that I have grown tired of SS's approach to dynamic posing where you can either see the characters face or the front of the body but not both. Boromir and Aragorn maquettes fit the bill here.

I don't like the pistol hand AT ALL.

I'll get it, but I'll get the regular version from BBTS. Will save on the high $499 price, plus no NRD.

Back